Top Shelf Aquatics

TheKleinReef

This thread title still makes me feel sad :(.

Tell me about it. That's why I haven't posted in so long. Nothing quite like seeing tanks flourishing while my own barrel rolled into oblivion.

Ruined the hobby for me to be honest.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

How are things going buddy?

Lifewise: good. finals this week. going home on the 24th.

reefwise: no clue. ignorance is bliss for me now.

How be you? I was lurking on your thread before I crashed last night.

Cencalfishguy56

Songs of the week:

The Mess - The Naked and Famous

All You Had to do was stay - Ryan Adams

Happy reefing NR

the naked and famous- punching in a dream!

Lifewise: good. finals this week. going home on the 24th.

reefwise: no clue. ignorance is bliss for me now.

How be you? I was lurking on your thread before I crashed last night.

Well, good luck with your finals Roger, I know how stressful all that can be, I'm a double degree holder myself. Sorry to hear you are still having issues :(.

I'm doing well, tank is going OK and I resigned from my job on Friday, been trying to do that for 18 months now but something finally came my way. So I'm at work now, not a care in the world, I'm only here because I have to be for the next 4 weeks lol.

TheKleinReef

the naked and famous- punching in a dream!

That's a good one too.

Higher is sooooooo good.

Well, good luck with your finals Roger, I know how stressful all that can be, I'm a double degree holder myself. Sorry to hear you are still having issues :(.

I'm doing well, tank is going OK and I resigned from my job on Friday, been trying to do that for 18 months now but something finally came my way. So I'm at work now, not a care in the world, I'm only here because I have to be for the next 4 weeks lol.

on to something better?!

• Like 1

on to something better?!

Definitely mate. New place definitely has a better corporate culture and has opportunity for me to grow and progress within the industry. Something I wasn't offered where I am currently. Really looking forward to being able to go to work and enjoy what I am doing.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Why the cadlight 34g? Nice tank just curious why vs other AIOs.

I'm not a huge fan of any other AIOs, especially with the limitations on AIO Skimmers.

The only other ones I would consider are IM and Artfully Acrylics drop off ( I really wish those were glass).

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan of any other AIOs, especially with the limitations on AIO Skimmers.

The only other ones I would consider are IM and Artfully Acrylics drop off ( I really wish those were glass).

yea, I wish IM's new concept tanks were glass instead of acrylics too. CadLights has the 34g AIO on sale right now for $350. Normally at the $525 price point, the IM 30 seems more attractive.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

yea, I wish IM's new concept tanks were glass instead of acrylics too. CadLights has the 34g AIO on sale right now for $350. Normally at the $525 price point, the IM 30 seems more attractive.

My gut wants a full blown sumped tank, but the reefing skeptic in me knows I don't want one.

My gut wants a full blown sumped tank, but the reefing skeptic in me knows I don't want one.

I know the price ends up being hard to swallow but what about the Max-e series? It has a full rear chamber setup as well as a drop in conversion if you decide you want to switch to something with a sump! And if you arent a fan on LED's or dont like the hydras im sure they wouldnt be too hard to sell.

TheKleinReef

I know the price ends up being hard to swallow but what about the Max-e series? It has a full rear chamber setup as well as a drop in conversion if you decide you want to switch to something with a sump! And if you arent a fan on LED's or dont like the hydras im sure they wouldnt be too hard to sell.

I thought about those two. Something about the cad is calling me for some reason.

I also might do an 18 or 20" cube. But it's more than a year out so I got enough time to wait for something awesome to come out.

finals. passed.

B)

sawtooth mountains on sunday not my pic, but this is where we're going:

stanley-lake-sawtooth-mountains-ed-riche

Then I'm flying home to see the family and tank!

Everything about this post is super happy :D

• Like 1