Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Rofl jr...

Squared, ever seen a green, small, turf like algae? Literally,like a patch of turf, only popped up on one rock, and on my chamber 1 overflow director piece....

Issue?

Rofl jr...

Squared, ever seen a green, small, turf like algae? Literally,like a patch of turf, only popped up on one rock, and on my chamber 1 overflow director piece....

Issue?

GHA seems to begin in small patches. That's how it was in my tank when I first transferred everything.

I do not have a lot of experience with vodka dosing, but I bet it could be used as a long term preventative. Do some research.

SouthFlorida_Tron
GHA seems to begin in small patches. That's how it was in my tank when I first transferred everything.

I do not have a lot of experience with vodka dosing, but I bet it could be used as a long term preventative. Do some research.

It's not like gha. It's short, and think, almost furry fuzz... Dark deep green. I'll try and get a pic of it tomorrow during WC

from reef central, someone did a straight up test on ai SOL blue, radion, and vertex or w/e...

PAR Numbers @ 12" height

AquaIllumination

Center: 510

6" Left: 180

12" Forward: 120

Vertex Illumina

Center: 118

6" Left: 113

12" Forward: 109

Ecotech Radion

Center: 215

6" Left: 148

12" Forward: 130

PAR Numbers @ 6" Height

AquaIllumination

Center: 640

6" Left: 240

12" Forward: 103

Vertex Illumina

Center: 232

6" Left: 195

12" Forward: 171

Ecotech Radion

Center: 395

6" Left: 226

12" Forward: 158

Link to the thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...8048&page=4

Well, I guess the Extra $$ for Radion is for the Wireless sync??

Sorry man I will be by Wednesday unless something comes up on your end, I will get my new job;s schedule tomorrow as well so I should know for sure what time I can come by.

Thanks for being awesome.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Sorry man I will be by Wednesday unless something comes up on your end, I will get my new job;s schedule tomorrow as well so I should know for sure what time I can come by.

Thanks for being awesome.

All good, I'm available any time after 5pm, when I should be getting home :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

soooo....

todays water quality after yesterdays Water Change:

temp- 77-78

alk-8.0

ca-445

mg-1500

phosphates-0

n03-didnt test cuz usually nothing, and i havent fed in a few days :ninja:

yet i wake up to this?

6876607191_19dea70253_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

honestly.... who throws a shoe!? i mean, wtf man!!!! so weird.... everything else is peachy.

SouthFlorida_Tron
More like 1300.

noooo... really? i thought that to be on the low end, ive always had it between 1400-1450... yes 1500 is high but to me 1300 is low???

maybe growth would be stronger if it were lower?

perhaps try not dosin it for a few weeks and seeing where it will sit with just WC?

noooo... really? i thought that to be on the low end, ive always had it between 1400-1450... yes 1500 is high but to me 1300 is low???

maybe growth would be stronger if it were lower?

perhaps try not dosin it for a few weeks and seeing where it will sit with just WC?

Mg in natural sw is roughly around 1320-1350. I always found that the more mg I had the faster growth I got with LPS, but they start to suffer when it starts to reach 1500.

Which salt are you using?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Mg in natural sw is roughly around 1320-1350. I always found that the more mg I had the faster growth I got with LPS, but they start to suffer when it starts to reach 1500.

Which salt are you using?

Reef crystals. I recently bumped the dose tho, and that's y it went so high. I'm stopping mg dose to see what it will stay @ with water changes. Will target 1350.

6876607191_19dea70253_z.jpg

You can try this,when the light off, wait 2-3 hours and look at your tank again, you can see there's any suspicious or not ..

Last time i see my mille and monti like this, i see gorillaz crab eating them .. not only 1 but 2 :eek:

Archived