inTank Media Baskets

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

Hey I resent that, it was an accident! hmpf.

I have a cleaner suggestion if you need it but I guess you painted the sides too now?

Yup, the sides are already painted. I actually like how it looks. :)

The tank is officially up and cycling! I dumped in 1/4 cup of spoiled coral food and my leftover BIO-Spira, so hopefully that will be enough to have a good cycle. I'll have some photos of the tank tomorrow - I'd like some opinions on my aquascape. :)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tank is officially up and cycling! I dumped in 1/4 cup of spoiled coral food and my leftover BIO-Spira,

:eek:

I'll have some photos of the tank tomorrow - I'd like some opinions on my aquascape. :)

Pics yet?

Here's bump78063's thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=285861

No pics yet...I had an 8 ppm ammonia spike in the pico from the spoiled coral food, so I'm still waiting for the water to clear. :) I'm a little disappointed with the glow paint...it looks nice, but it only glows for about 30 seconds when you turn off the light.

How many coats of paint did you put on it. Mine lasts a bit longer then yours but I put 4 fairly heavy coats on it. I'll agree however, it would be nice if it "glowed" a bit longer.... :angry:

How many coats of paint did you put on it. Mine lasts a bit longer then yours but I put 4 fairly heavy coats on it. I'll agree however, it would be nice if it "glowed" a bit longer.... :angry:

I put on two heavy coats. Is yours water based?

I put on two heavy coats. Is yours water based?

I'm not sure if it's water based but I don't think so. It's from Krylon and it's called GLOWZ.

quick question, what is the light that this comes with strong enough to support?

Softies like zoanthids, palys, mushrooms, rics, etc. Maybe some easy lps like frogspawn or a hammer id you feed it; although that creates another problem, making the very small water volume dirty.

Its entirely possible to make a badass tank with softies. It just requires some cool scaping and a plan.

Softies like zoanthids, palys, mushrooms, rics, etc. Maybe some easy lps like frogspawn or a hammer id you feed it; although that creates another problem, making the very small water volume dirty.

Its entirely possible to make a badass tank with softies. It just requires some cool scaping and a plan.

I think that whisker corals and candy cane/trumpet corals would do great in this tank. Neither of them like a lot of light, and they won't sting other corals. If you can commit to feeding it shrimp 1-3 times per week, a sun coral would also work great. And don't forget about all of the low-light soft corals, like kenya trees and cabbage corals.

I got a black light and a $6 clip-on lamp for my tank today. :D I actually don't think I'll need an additional blue light, since the black light provides plenty of light for the tank. The light also makes the glow paint glow constantly. :D I'm still waiting for the water to clear (ammonia is 4 ppm), so no pics yet.

is there anything not included that i need"??, thanks for your help.

It really depends on what you want. It is very possible to run a tank with just the included bits, all you would need is a heater, sand and live rock. I would strongly recommend a bit more flow too, something like a minijet 404 would be perfect.

I am tapping out due to financial issues. I was really jazzed about this contest too. :(

Sorry that you won't be able to join us! Remember that if you change your mind, you can jump back in until 11/29.

Archived