ReefCleaners.org

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please give a warm welcome to our newest participant, rbokros. Also, please post a link to your tank thread if you haven't already. -Brandon

Hey chumps, it's getting cold and I know you guys can't find anything except gigantor phallus shaped heaters for your picos. I was gonna hold out on you guys but some part of me wants to see you guys succeed.

25w and 50w heaters with a 4" heating element, from Aqua Forest Aquarium aka ADANA-USA, the official west coast retailer of ADA products. That being said, these are not ADA brand but Archaea brand.

I have not used one yet but I plan on buying one if you guys don't buy everything they have. These are probably the smallest heaters you'll find to date. They are very similar to the UP heaters but UP heaters run on 220-240v only and would require a voltage up-convertor.

Best of luck to you all.

6dbfb6120b26b65b15a792ef3e964f2c.image.180x180.jpg

ARCHAEA MINI AQUARIUM HEATER (25W) ULTRA SLIM

ARCHAEA MINI AQUARIUM HEATER (50W) ULTRA SLIM

Anyone know if this is still available online anywhere for the $30?

Sorry but no. Big Al's is even sold out. Try Amazon or Ebay......

Anyone have any fish suggestions for this pico besides the usual nano gobies?

Naso Tang :lol:

Seriously though, I really think smaller gobies are the best bet for this size tank. Most other options just produce to much waste or get too big.

so no damsels?

I would think you could get by with one very small damsel if your bio-load is small and you keep up with regular WC's.

so no damsels?

I would day no. Damsels are really active fish and enjoy a lot of swimming room. I think that the reason that people think they can put them in smaller tanks is that they are cheap and usually considered pests. Still a fish though.

Just a friendly reminder, if you have not started your tank thread please do so and forward a link of your page to Streetsong(Brandon). Everyone participating in the contest must have a thread......

Hope everyone is busy with their tanks and that they are all doing well. I'm seeing some real interesting tanks and ideas. This is going to be a great contest. If you have not purchased you Deco 2 kit, you still have time to do so but your choices of vendors is limited. Remember the old saying " If you snooze, you loose!!!!"

Rob

Please welcome our 30th participant, bsdryder7 to the contest, and GET ME YOUR TANK THREAD IF HAVEN"T ALREADY (Yes, I'm yelling ;) ).

What do you mean it's ruining your game?

(Brandon, this is how you yell.)

I think that lipstick shade would look nice on my collar.

Please welcome our 30th participant, bsdryder7 to the contest, and GET ME YOUR TANK THREAD IF HAVEN"T ALREADY (Yes, I'm yelling ;) ).

Woo hoo, "bsdryer7" is our 30th entrant. Who would have thunk it, 30 entries and there is still time to get your kit and enter. You still have about three weeks before the open enrollment ends. Can we hit 40????????? :D

And like Brandon said " Get those tank threads made and send him a link." Every entry must have a thread. :angry:

I did a little looking around and found that several people's threads haven't been put on the first page yet. In case you missed them, here they are:

Babboa: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=284681&hl=

Goateye22: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=285067&hl=

Kali_D: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=284678&hl=

rbokros: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=285389&hl=

I also sent a couple of quick reminder messages to the people who haven't made tank threads yet. Hope that's not a problem. :)

I got my light new bulb from HelloLights (a NR sponsor) and couldn't be happier with the quick shipping, awesome packaging, and easy transaction.

I was all ready to take some comparison shots of the 3? different 13w bulbs I have for the fixture but upon disassembly of the light, I discovered that TOMS are being a bunch of ##########. They seem to have had a bulb made with a proprietary clip so the standard lamps will not fit without modification. All you would need to do is file down the clips for the light to fit, and then find a way to remove the clip that holds the reflector on. The reflector clip is glued to the bulb. I have every intention of getting it to work in the near future, but right now I will concentrate on getting the tank running.

Everyone flood Microreefs and buy up the remaining bulbs! :P You may not find them again.

Left to right: Toms stupid propriitary bulb, Hellolights, Walmart $3 7000K light

20111104_193021.jpg

Archived