Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, I think my chalice grows like 1/2-1mm a day. I'm pretty pleased with the growth I've seen. If I had a decent camera I'd show you all but under the RB LEDs the new growth is a greenish color. So it's got a green eye, blue skeleton, and a faint green ring around it. :)

It's been running since 5/15/11 so in two weeks it will be 9 months old.

The only disease I had was the one that took all my fish, there was no outward signs of disease. All 5 fish in 36 hours. Recovered bodies looked perfectly normal. So no cure to follow up, it came and went and now something probably ate my blenny.

Follow up question: can you list all the fish you've had in 9 months and how many at a time you introduced? How far apart between deaths did you add more livestock? Also, were they from the same source?

She does but, I told her it was a matter of life or death and me loosing money lol so she agree'd to do it and by acclimating I ment putting the bag in the sump with the top open to let new air in haha...thats all i could get outta her

She's doing a lot, even send you pics of the dead critters means she's looking at the tank when you're not there to notice the dead critter. She does a LOT more. hmpf. :P

It's an alien!

The chalice? :) it's super cool and I can't wait for it to get more eyes.

Joel, I need a frag hitman. Are you up for the task?

Who's the target?

Follow up question: can you list all the fish you've had in 9 months and how many at a time you introduced? How far apart between deaths did you add more livestock? Also, were they from the same source?

Fish intros:

YTD after 3 weeks.

Starry Blenny 3 weeks after YTD (I think)

Sixline 1.5 months after Blenny

Lost YTD and Sixline in transfer

Pink Skunks 1 month after transfer

Flame Angel after 2 weeks

1 clown jumped, replaced after 3 days

Anthias added 1 week after replacement clown

All dead after 72 hours.

YTD, skunks, sixline, and anthias from same LFS, both starry's from another LFS, flame angel from a third.

----------

Time for fun at my expense, I passed out today... After they were done. I had my eyes closed and she was apparently done for almost 30 seconds (she didn't say she was done) and then I turned white and passed out.

Stopped at the LFS but they only had dominos and Fiji blue devils. If I were to add them I would add them last to reduce their aggression.

Hey you got through it and didn't fall on your face. I have known people like that and it's like a shock reaction to the needle, your bodies response for fight of flight to protect itself.

Too bad on the damsels. Soon!

So, what made you pass out? Did you see the needle? Just knowing they had used a needle? There has to be a way for you to do this without fainting!!!!!!! Maybe bring music along?

Sorry to hear you passed out, Joel. I've done that enough times to know its not fun at all. At least its over with right?

Are domino damsels really aggressive? I really like how those look.

So, what made you pass out? Did you see the needle? Just knowing they had used a needle? There has to be a way for you to do this without fainting!!!!!!! Maybe bring music along?

No, the truth is embarrassing :lol: I kept my eyes shut the entire time, she didn't say she was finished, and while she was trying to hold the gauze on I thought she was still going and it all went bad the second I asked to stop it. Then it's all blurry. The reaction makes the blood vessels in your legs dilate so since I was sitting down all the blood rushed down. So requesting that I lay down will be on my list. I came prepared though, I brought a gallon ziploc with an ice pack, ginger ale, and an oat and honey bar. That pretty much saved me.

Sorry to hear you passed out, Joel. I've done that enough times to know its not fun at all. At least its over with right?

Are domino damsels really aggressive? I really like how those look.

It's over for now until I have my procedure, but that's different since the IV needle is smaller and they pump you full of good medicine.

Dominos are about the worst, but they aren't the monster that people make them out to be. But since I want fairly peaceful YTD's and possibly even Chromis I can't introduce the dominos first. Either after or at the same time. From what I've read this is a lot like stocking cichlids. :)

Who's the target?

the same moron as before. The aiptasia didn't die but I've super glued the ones I could see.

The flat worms: have seen a total of 5 so far between my pico and the RSM.

Can you go nuke his tank for me?

Dominos are about the worst, but they aren't the monster that people make them out to be. But since I want fairly peaceful YTD's and possibly even Chromis I can't introduce the dominos first. Either after or at the same time. From what I've read this is a lot like stocking cichlids. :)

I don't know much of anything about damsels, but I do understand stocking cichlids. I'm really liking this lots of colorful damsels idea for your tank :D

Oh, and you definitely should request to lay down from now on. I've learned to always ask to lay down when I have blood drawn since it keeps me from fainting.

Just thought I'd show my support of LEDs and share with you all a comparison,

Here they are under T5:

crwed.jpg

And now under LEDs:

KV9U5.jpg

I :wub: my lights.

Archived