Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's in your sump - all the leftover food goes down there...joel next time you get a fish, grab some breeder nets and hold peppermints in them....

I'm beginning to wonder..you had all dry rock right?

No, 7ish lb was live but if anything was on the rocks it would have manifested itself in the 20H right? It wouldn't have slept for 7 months would it?

Everything else added besides the first live rock purchase on 5/15/11 was dry.

If it didn't have room to grow...yes it could "sleep"you also said exposed pvc....and the sponge - glazer could make you a cover & you could wrap the inside of the overflow with crosshatch netting

I honestly think the last fish you added tricked all the others into committing mass suicide in the hopes of being abducted by aliens.

What if you have a eunicid and the lobstar catches it in the act and scares the worm....don't you think the lobster would eat is prey if it was attacking the fish? Crustaceans would eat anything they kill/battle with...and you didn't catch the lobster eating it...you caught the peppermint...hmmm

What siwelk? You mean where are they? Britt is home and she has them aclimating in the sump I'm still omw home from work.....

Didn't you ##### and moan on another thread that she only points to things and goes "ohhh pretty". :rant:

we're cuttin' you off!

I honestly think the last fish you added tricked all the others into committing mass suicide in the hopes of being abducted by aliens.

Nibiru

surgicalsense
What if you have a eunicid and the lobstar catches it in the act and scares the worm....don't you think the lobster would eat is prey if it was attacking the fish? Crustaceans would eat anything they kill/battle with...and you didn't catch the lobster eating it...you caught the peppermint...hmmm

Would the lobster eat the fish completely and/or was the peppermint eating left it overs from the lobsters kill?

She does but, I told her it was a matter of life or death and me loosing money lol so she agree'd to do it and by acclimating I ment putting the bag in the sump with the top open to let new air in haha...thats all i could get outta her

I just don't see how if the lobster was killing things he wouldn't completely eat them, he is large enough to have eaten the blenny.

I just don't see how if the lobster was killing things he wouldn't completely eat them, he is large enough to have eaten the blenny.

True. If he was healthy though it seems weird he'd just die all of a sudden. And do you have anything else that could even kill him? I seriously doubt your peppermint shrimp killed him.

Snatch.

I said gypsies, not pikeys. :lol:

But tomato tomahto I guess. They've really contributed nothing to my tank though, they never come out of the macro, and nothing in terms of aiptasia either. Worthless IMO. I would be fine if they didn't touch aiptasia but they were out and about, or if all my aiptasia was gone and I never saw them. But not both.

My neighbor's dog is very scared of his guitar. Even when he isn't playing it, the dog scampers away when it gets near :lol:

Mine hates the guitar but will be brave with the Vacuum. Get a broom though and she flips out...... :lol:

Joel I hope your procedures go well, at least it is something you can cure with diet and exercise. Just think when an animal gets stones it's life threatening and 100% of the time are surgical removals. We try a dissolution diet but 9 times out of 10 they go to surgery.

I hope you feel better soon and I hope the little Blenny shows his face.

LOL Gypsies, I was at the fair this weekend now that I think about it....... :o

If not I blame the lobster as well, all went bad when you put that cool but grumpy guy in there. And I would set a trap for him at night with food. :angry:

I can see you now crouched beside the tank at night in the Batman pants, holding the string waiting for the lobster to crawl in for the food you baited it with! ;)

Haha true. Now I want to watch the movie. Bullet Tooth Tony's spiel about his desert eagle was one of the things that made me want to get one. B)

Randi, it's just one of those things I don't want to do. I know it's not bad and way better than surgical removal. Bleh. And I have to go get blood work tomorrow. It's just unpleasant.

Archived