inTank Media Baskets

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Sorry, Joel :(

The exercise is great. Have you looked into changing your diet? I've seen what you've posted on here. I'm sure it's not that all of the time, right? :)

I'm not familiar with the causes of kidney stones. Is it hereditary? I'm going to go google it now.

Looks like diet can make a big difference with this. Drink a lot of water, 8-10 glasses. There's a lot of good info. on the net.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a kidneystone, from having a diet consisting of ...candy soda and saltines haha...homeschooling and mmorpgs....pissing one out is like the male version of giving birth...but I eat healthy now lol

I had a kidneystone, from having a diet consisting of ...candy soda and saltines haha...homeschooling and mmorpgs....pissing one out is like the male version of giving birth...but I eat healthy now lol

Salty foods are a no-no....I just looked it up :)

Going to the doctor blows. I found out I have to get lithotripsy done because I have several kidney stones in my left kidney and one in my right. But you can't do both kidneys at once so I'll probably have to have it twice. FML.

But I have lost 10lb since I've been running and my blood pressure is now 130/82, it's usually been high 140's/midhigh 80's. So I guess fwiw there's that.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If you have time and the inclination read the China Study. It will change your life and reverse disease and problems.

Sorry, Joel :(

The exercise is great. Have you looked into changing your diet? I've seen what you've posted on here. I'm sure it's not that all of the time, right? :)

I'm not familiar with the causes of kidney stones. Is it hereditary? I'm going to go google it now.

Looks like diet can make a big difference with this. Drink a lot of water, 8-10 glasses. There's a lot of good info. on the net.

For me, the problem isn't salt, it's calcium oxalate. It's a genetic problem. I've cut down to 1-2 cokes a week where about 4 years ago it was 1-2 a day. Basically what I need to do, according to the doctor, is slightly increase my calcium intake and lower my oxalate intake. Shouldn't be terribly hard.

And no, I usually only eat a meal like I've posted once a week, usually on the weekend for a sports game or something. :)

I basically only drink water and cran-apple juice. And now I guess more milk. These will be my 6th and 7th stone since fall of 2007.

Yeah it sucks, the crushed stones aren't so bad but my first two I passed at the same exact time, about 5 seconds apart, 5 and 7mm. :eek: biggest one was 10mm.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If you have time and the inclination read the China Study. It will change your life and reverse disease and problems.

I'll look into it. :)

Try running more. I lost 30 lbs this way.

All by myself.

I'm building my endurance. My goal is a mile without stopping to walk, I'm at .6 without stopping. Once I get to the mile I'll add a half mile until I can run that then add etc.

Try running 8 hours :lol:

:lol:

Great! A mile is a huge landmark. The rest come easy.

That's what my dad told me too, he runs 1-2 marathons and several half marathons or shorter a year. His recovery runs are >10miles. I don't think I want to get to that point, I think as long as I can run 5 miles at a constant pace I'll be happy. Baby steps :lol:

Great! A mile is a huge landmark. The rest come easy.

It sure is...and what a feeling of accomplishment too! I love running. I just don't like running in the city. When I was home for the summer (Indiana), I ran about 2 miles every morning in the country. It was exhilarating. Hearing roosters crow. I didn't even need (didn't want) my music. Talk about being on a runner's high. I'm craving it right now :happy:

For you Batman pants:

The ATM

Dude:

1. Drive up to the cash machine.

2. Put down your car window.

3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.

4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.

5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.

6. Put window up.

7. Drive off.

Sheila:

1. Drive up to cash machine.

2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.

3. Set parking brake, put the window down.

4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.

5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up..

6. Attempt to insert card into machine...

7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.

8. Insert card.

9. Re-insert card the right way.

10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.

11. Enter PIN.

12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.

13. Enter amount of cash required.

14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.

15. Retrieve cash and receipt..

16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.

17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.

18. Re-check makeup.

19. Drive forward 2 feet.

20. Reverse back to cash machine.

21. Retrieve card.

22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided!

23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.

24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.

25. Redial person on cell phone..

26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.

27. Release Parking Brake.

SEND THIS TO A MAN WHO NEEDS A LAUGH

Okay, I'm not going to freak out yet, but one of the peppermints is eating something that could very well pass for baby blenny remains.

I've watched the tank for about 10 minutes with no sign of him. He's not in the overflow either.

surgicalsense
Okay, I'm not going to freak out yet, but one of the peppermints is eating something that could very well pass for baby blenny remains.

I've watched the tank for about 10 minutes with no sign of him. He's not in the overflow either.

:o

Archived