Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

I kept a nem under 130w PC in my 75, the more important thing is to let your tank mature before you think about getting one. General rule is around 6 months. I don't know a lot about keeping nems though so don't hold my advice with too high regard :lol:

But you're JOEL. Of course I highly regard your advice! :lol: but I was talking in the very long, long run. That's basically how I got my mom to drive me to phoenix to pick up the rsm, that we could get an anemone for the clowns. (she saw a pair hosting an anemone at the LFS, now she wants one.) I sorta lied, I guess, but I really wanted the tank!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Torch > frogspawn. unless the frog is huge like a basketball

I'd agree, for movement at least. Have you seen Pismo's torch? It's got the crazy green frogspawn colors and the torch movement.

But you're JOEL. Of course I highly regard your advice! :lol: but I was talking in the very long, long run. That's basically how I got my mom to drive me to phoenix to pick up the rsm, that we could get an anemone for the clowns. (she saw a pair hosting an anemone at the LFS, now she wants one.) I sorta lied, I guess, but I really wanted the tank!

No you can keep one, just give it some time. Also when you have it, feeding it will help make up for the lights. Or you could spend a little more once you are ready and throw an led strip to increase your par. There's lots of way around it. :)

clowns are clowns, you could have a nem, a torch and a froggie and the idiots will decide to host the power head. so dont pin your hopes on those clowns. pun intended.

+1 mine host the thermometer.

Clowns host anything. But as clowns get older they get more abusive with their host and a lot of coral suffers and dies from it. Goniporas are a perfect example of that. But yeah they will host macro, LPS, SPS, softies, tank equipment like heaters, or even a corner of the tank. :lol:

I guess I'm the slowest typer :lol:

Clowns host anything. But as clowns get older they get more abusive with their host and a lot of coral suffers and dies from it. Goniporas are a perfect example of that. But yeah they will host macro, LPS, SPS, softies, tank equipment like heaters, or even a corner of the tank. :lol:

I guess I'm the slowest typer :lol:

Nope just typed a lot more then me! LMAO

My new clowns host the left wall....rubb theyre bellys on it all day. Pretty much every clownfish you get now aday's is bred in tank and not wild caught...so they have the urge to host something, but no idea what to rub on....kinda like my sexy shrimp, they just slut it up around my tank booty shakin on everything when they got 3 perfectly good maximinis to rump it up on

Still, it would be cool to try a nem later. :) but thanks for the advice everyone! My clowns currently don't host anything. Just swim wherever they feel like, and sleep in various places.

Moral of the story: Clowns are clowns. all those in favor?

Yep

Mine hosts candy cane, has a lot of skeleton coming through. I think he hurts himself rubing on it <_<

Well there was 4 posts between what I was replying to and my reply :lol:

:lol:

Moral of the story: Clowns are clowns. all those in favor?

Aye!

My new clowns host the left wall....rubb theyre bellys on it all day. Pretty much every clownfish you get now aday's is bred in tank and not wild caught...so they have the urge to host something, but no idea what to rub on....kinda like my sexy shrimp, they just slut it up around my tank booty shakin on everything when they got 3 perfectly good maximinis to rump it up on

LMAO slutting it up! Well they are called Sexy Shrimp for a reason!

lol...Some clowns are weird though, they'd host your hand if they could kill it first...damn biters..thankfully these two haven't done that yet lol then again i never stick my hand in the tank unless its to place a new coral...however they do attack my moving magfloat lol

devilsadvocate
Mine hosts candy cane, has a lot of skeleton coming through. I think he hurts himself rubing on it <_<

mine host my frogspawn.

and my dads black clowns host a zoa rock

I find it odd that people say their clowns bite and are aggressive towards other fish.. Whenever I put my hands in the tank they swim in and out of my hand, or just ignore me.

I've heard of clowns doing that but in the 4+ years I had my clarkii's they never once did. I didn't have my skunks long enough to gauge their bitiness.

devilsadvocate
I find it odd that people say their clowns bite and are aggressive towards other fish.. Whenever I put my hands in the tank they swim in and out of my hand, or just ignore me.

just you wait. they WILL draw blood.

just you wait. they WILL draw blood.

But theyre so sweet and cute. Every time I put my hands in the tank they just rub against me. I wub them.

surgicalsense
It just wouldn't be my tank without one. :)

One more of him:

EmT6E.jpg

He's the man.

Also found a picture of a scape I am totally going to improve. :)

With the glare off of the eyes, its almost unreal looking. They look like blue gems.

Archived