Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

I'm flyin' at 30K feet y'all, I'm allowed to be nutty right now. This cabin is pressurized. :rolleyes:

OHHHH! Are we going to have another installment of TS says!!!????

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally have PE from this frag:

f66On.jpg

Only took placing it right in front of my 425 :lol:

Check out the PE on these guys:

gQOWy.jpg

They are all looking good and getting color :)

Stefan!

zVpSm.jpg

I'm still not over how wittle he is :wub:

Like 1-1.25" To judge by the size of his face, the nub above him on the froggy is <.25"

When he's out in the open ill take an easier picture to see his size.

My niece goes "wawa, poopie the snail made poopoo". then shrieked in my ear when the snail did some more.

I've no idea which snail is poopie.

HAHAHA! Love it!

Joel your going to have more fans with that guitar pic! ;)

I can see the powerhead in the back of the picture! So funny hey whatever makes them happy right!

Here's about as good of a size comparison as I'm going to get:

scdhY.jpg

Both frags are about .75-1"

Here he is compared to the entire tank (sitting on bottom of center rock that Mark made me for secret Santa):

QCbqq.jpg

Did you like how I cropped out the cyano? :lol:

The only smaller fish I've had is raising baby cichlids but they don't really have as much personality.

You need a blenny of some sort. :) check out the genus Salarias, that's what the starry belongs too. They all look similar but there are different color patterns.

And thanks about the SPS :) I'm happy with them.

You need a blenny of some sort. :) check out the genus Salarias, that's what the starry belongs too. They all look similar but there are different color patterns.

And thanks about the SPS :) I'm happy with them.

Yeah, I've been looking into all the blennies and I definitely want a starry. I love watching them at the LFS. They just look so cute/grouchy. I currently have 6 fish in the 30 gallon, so I need to wait a while and watch my parameters to decide if I can add one more fish. I'm probably going to overfill the tank, but considering I'm running the AC70 with carbon, Purigen, filter floss, and chaeto plus the new skimmer and the biological filtration from the rocks and sand, I should be ok :)

You should be fine to add him in a week or so.

Joel he is so small, I love little fish, that's like the yasha, barely over an inch long. So cute.

somebody pour me a scotch.

that is a wittle fishy.

It's like he gets more adorable everyday. Really sealed my idea of getting neon gobies/tailspot blenny/assorted <2" fish for the upgrade.

I have another idea though, something I doubt could be matched in color or movement. Straight forward and cheap stocking: 3 yellowtail damsels, 3 yellow damsels, 3 domino damsels, 3 3 stripe damsels, Talbots damsels. That's not set in stone but the idea being <$50 total budget for a crap load of fish that are always out and easily replaceable. Not a huge need to worry about aggression as I've read over stocking is similar to that with cichlids, you disperse the aggression.

Yeah, I've been looking into all the blennies and I definitely want a starry. I love watching them at the LFS. They just look so cute/grouchy. I currently have 6 fish in the 30 gallon, so I need to wait a while and watch my parameters to decide if I can add one more fish. I'm probably going to overfill the tank, but considering I'm running the AC70 with carbon, Purigen, filter floss, and chaeto plus the new skimmer and the biological filtration from the rocks and sand, I should be ok :)

You have the filtration for it :) I think you'll be fine with your stocking. Plus you're attentive to your reef, if something is wrong you'll catch it and fix it.

You should be fine to add him in a week or so.

Joel he is so small, I love little fish, that's like the yasha, barely over an inch long. So cute.

I'm a huge fan of the tiny fish :)

The little guy, very cute. The tank looks great.

Thanks but you don't see my cyano problems. I carefully cropped it out :P

He looks like a little guy in a giant world :)

When I started keeping fish I wanted to know what the biggest fish I could keep in my tank was. Now I really value factoring in fish size and activity level. Now when I look at it I take the max size of the fish and figure out its proportion to the tank. Then I figure out how big of a room that would be for him then ask me if I would be happy living in it for life. For example, if the fish is 6", then it would be like me living in a 18'x36' room. Which would be a little cramped but since a blenny is largely stationary it works. 3" would be like a 36'x72' room. I hope that makes sense and I'm not babbling. :lol:

Makes total sense.

If you are going for the damsels....I love the dominos. They are a striking fish. I would love to have a big tank with a yellow tang and a domino damsel. That was the combination my dad had so there's a little nostalgia there :)

Damsel city! I would go for it! Add them all at once and watch the fishes figure each other out. I love Damsels, but I wanted the clowns and they are basically damsels.

Archived