Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

I'm with Gena again. The mass fish death really didn't seem like a disease. It was way too fast and nothing showed signs of illness. I think it was either a string of bad luck or a chain reaction caused by stress.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I named him. So my 5 year old self thought that the pleco's mouth sucking on the glass looked like when you suck a drink through a straw. Being as I was 5, I drank juice boxes with the little straws, so hence Juicer. :lol: My parents still remember that fish since I gave him such an odd name. All my freshwater tanks since, my dad has called the plecos Juicer.

That's adorable! I was trying to figure out why a 5 year old would name a fish Juicer. This makes perfect sense :happy:

Joel...Molly is too cute. They were bred to be circus dogs after all. Sounds like she'd be perfect for that. Mine's too afraid of everything.

What siwelk? You mean where are they? Britt is home and she has them aclimating in the sump I'm still omw home from work....I had to do 4 extra stops to hit 10% over budget to get another 500 bucks or so...I wasn't missing it cause of 37 cases...

What siwelk? You mean where are they? Britt is home and she has them aclimating in the sump I'm still omw home from work....I had to do 4 extra stops to hit 10% over budget to get another 500 bucks or so...I wasn't missing it cause of 37 cases...

Copy.

1254478578_robot_hand.gif

Now, now, good towns people, let's not form a lynch mob against the lobster. I had him for two months before the fish died. On the other hand, once I added the pink skunks, one jumped within 2 days, then after I replaced him it wasn't a week before they all died. Two jumped which doesn't lead to the lobster since he stays on the bottom and wouldn't drive a fish to jump. The other three bodies were untouched by even the cuc. I mean the bodies looked like they were perfectly fine. Not even torn fins.

But I do agree that it was murder this time. And it was either the lobster or the peppermints seeing as both cleaners rigorously cleaned him and if they wanted to kill him they would have in front of me.

surgicalsense
Now, now, good towns people, let's not form a lynch mob against the lobster.

:lol:

Boil the water .... melt the butter!

Lemon, please.

The problem is one LFS won't buy from people or accept returns, the one I like is having budget problems so I'll basically be giving it away, and the other LFS I wouldn't mind if it burnt to the ground. There's no reefing community so it's not like I know someone with a large tank or an aggressive tank he'd do well in. And I like him too much to kill him.

The problem is one LFS won't buy from people or accept returns, the one I like is having budget problems so I'll basically be giving it away, and the other LFS I wouldn't mind if it burnt to the ground. There's no reefing community so it's not like I know someone with a large tank or an aggressive tank he'd do well in. And I like him too much to kill him.

That is a pickle! I think the sump sounds like an excellent place for him then.

Slit his throat.

But he's pretty :(

That is a pickle! I think the sump sounds like an excellent place for him then.

Now how do I catch him?

surgicalsense

:mellow: ... I was only kidding, boiling water, butter, so forth. It was just fitting for the lynching theme that was building.

I wouldn't want you to kill it either. Well can you try to rehome it, post?

Yeah, don't kill him. Poor little guy. He just needs to go in the sump or find a new home.

Since he's nocturnal, being in an unlit sump all the time would probably be good for him. Now I just need to work out how to feed him. Probably bits of shrimp on a skewer.

If he's in your sump - all the leftover food goes down there...joel next time you get a fish, grab some breeder nets and hold peppermints in them....

I'm beginning to wonder..you had all dry rock right? Secret stalkers....have you ever put a lump of food in at 2-3am...and staked out...

But I have prefilter foam in my overflow that keeps nosy little fish out of my sump. Should I remove that? I don't want to risk all my little damsels finding their way down there. Catching fish in a sump is a very unpleasant time. I know this because I used my sump for problem cichlids before I could sell/rehome them.

Archived