Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Makes total sense.

If you are going for the damsels....I love the dominos. They are a striking fish. I would love to have a big tank with a yellow tang and a domino damsel. That was the combination my dad had so there's a little nostalgia there :)

That is a nice combo :)

Damsel city! I would go for it! Add them all at once and watch the fishes figure each other out. I love Damsels, but I wanted the clowns and they are basically damsels.

My concern is their temperament towards inverts. I wonder how they would do if the inverts were already in the tank. I'm also not sure what I will do with a BB cuc, because doesn't John's stuff come with sand sifters?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I remember mine checking out the Cleaner shrimp and porcelain crab, but I don't remember them ever bother him. But I fed that tank like crazy.....

Yeah I remember mine checking out the Cleaner shrimp and porcelain crab, but I don't remember them ever bother him. But I fed that tank like crazy.....

Hmmmm, another disadvantage is I won't really be able to do an ULNS.

Cute blenny, Joel. :)

Thank you :)

surgicalsense

No I totally do not see it, did you see mine on the rock with the frogspawn :lol: but it seems to stay in the isolated areas and keeps the cuc fed in rotations. So honestly I do not mind it so much :P

I had pretty much the same thought when adding my fish joel - except for the mandarin. As all the fish I have don't leave very far from home in the wild..goby sticks to his burrow, assessor stays close to his cave, clowns stay by theyre host...mandarin...never leaves the sandbed..bastard

No I totally do not see it, did you see mine on the rock with the frogspawn :lol: but it seems to stay in the isolated areas and keeps the cuc fed in rotations. So honestly I do not mind it so much :P

For some reason, it is only on the front sandbed. Like the front 3", where all of my flow ends up. That's why it's so perplexing, cyano isn't supposed to grow in high flow and that is probably the second highest flow in the tank.

I had pretty much the same thought when adding my fish joel - except for the mandarin. As all the fish I have don't leave very far from home in the wild..goby sticks to his burrow, assessor stays close to his cave, clowns stay by theyre host...mandarin...never leaves the sandbed..bastard

You have a good solid stocking. B)

Also you feed so much it more than makes up for the tank size for the Mandy.

News, sports, sex, reefing, what a thread!

Tank is looking great! Love the new guy!

A tank full of assorted Dams would be cool and they should all get along and not bother any coralz or even the little dued, right??

Thanks mark! Damsels are 100% coral safe but my main concern is their compatibility with inverts. When I got my first peppermint in the 20 my YTD killed it. He also never bothered my blenny and the little guy has 6 months to grow out and will eventually be 6" long.

I'm pretty confident with enough damsels aggression will be dispersed adequately. And if not, not to sound cold, it's not like they are that expensive. My first go in the 75 I had 5 blue damsels and 5 YTD's and the only reason I got rid of them was I couldn't stock anything else, I didn't lose any to aggression.

I think it was the skunks. But yeah my stock was perfect I think. The only way it would have been better was if my YTD and wrasse made it.

YTD, sixline, starry, flame angel, pink skunk pair, anthias, cleaner pair, pep pair, and lobster. Great color palette and movement. Bleh.

I think a tank full of damsels would look very nice.

I think so too :)

/deckoz will secretly buy baby flame for joel when I have his address for split maxinem

I appreciate it but I'm not sure I want another one. Tbh, they are boring :lol:

I like the damsel idea as ling as they don't pick on your inverts. They're cheap, colorful, and active so you can't get much better. I returned mine just because I wante a variety of fish and didn't want it getting aggressive with them. If you're doing all damsels I bet it'll look great.

It's pretty hot. They are just a little harder to find. Blue Zoo Aquatics usually has them though so hopefully when I'm ready they have them in stock.

Blenny is so small!

N2k9c.jpg

For those who can't spot him:

IcMBj.jpg

Archived