Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kidding about the hippo tang. :P

Maybe Midas, or a bicolor. Fo sho goby shrimp pair. Besides, duh muther won't let me buy anything, even with my personal money, if she doesn't like it. <_<

What's the minimum lighting required for an anemone?

Blenny is freakin' cute... :wub:

Almost as cute as your barnacle blennies :D

----------

Today's Tests:

Ca: 460

Kh: 11

Skipping another water change. B)

Word - I dunno if you red my post about the conversation I had with Redsea biologist yesterday...ill keep you updated on it...but check it out, it goes against all ive read in lab reports. we shall see though

surgicalsense
Almost as cute as your barnacle blennies :D

----------

Today's Tests:

Ca: 460

Kh: 11

Skipping another water change. B)

Me too! Mine were a bit higher though.

Joel - http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3706554

Kat I am very interested also first 4 days are interesting. This is the process, I did a waterchange yesterday to bring my levels to what RedSea suggested. Now I wait 4 days - after the 4 days I test the difference. Then dose the ammount that was lost in that 4 days. then over the next week I take that ammount I originally dosed 1/4(to make one of the 4 days) and dose a daily ammount for a week. Test at the end of the week, and adjust if necessary. I will not be starting to use the Reef Colors until the first week is over. Reef colors is based off of the calcium uptake, for every 10ml of calcium dosed, dose 1ml of each color compound. Reef energy is Daily food for the corals - and im dosing the recommended 4ml for 25 gallons of display volume(exclude rest of system). I did not get the Nitrate/phosphate part of the plan as Im double fuged w/a denitrate & phos reactor + my skimmer, so I felt as though it was not necessary especially since I have been told to raise my nitrates to 2ppm and my phosphates to 0.1

Sounds like a lot of work to balance it out, hopefully it will show good results. The part that worries me is the browning of corals and the claim that they will color back up in no time. That is usually a very slow process.

On another note, have you heard of or tried the zeovit method?

The reason for the browning out isnt because of the lack of tissue, but the EXCESSIVE Zooxanthellae from overfeeding. Basically when im done I cut off the nitrates & Phosphates & lower the other stuff and it cuts back the zoox population in a few days to show the pigment of the coral flesh and not the algae.

what is that method 0.0 - nvm already started off bad lol zeovit suggest removing refugiums & reactors(except zeolite which i run) and maintaining an ULNS ...meh

I hope Stefan didn't find the overflow experience too thrilling :lol:

Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

Nice looking blennie.

Thanks SoCal! He's quite the attention hog:

K88xQ.jpg

My last one would disappear when the camera came out so this is a nice change.

I hope Stefan didn't find the overflow experience too thrilling :lol:

I really hope it doesn't become a daily occurrence.

Archived