Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

On another less awkward note,congrats on the blenny, Joel! He's adorable! I didn't even know you got one :lol: it's impossible to keep up with this thread. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :) I think he's happy in his new home. He's still trying to find a cave he likes. :D

Then I will delete the pictures of my jokes.

No you're good Brad, there's no need to delete stuff, I was just explaining that Kat had valid concerns and that my thread is not the place to fight, PM's are. Or on your own thread, just not here. :lol:

[story]My thread is happy.[/story]

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! :) I think he's happy in his new home. He's still trying to find a cave he likes. :D

Would a blenny be too big in the rsm? Later down the road, I kind of want one... But I really want a goby/shrimp pair too. It's one or the other, right?

you can do both blue

Are you sure? I don't want to overload. :( but thanks for the advice :3

And yeah, some people are just more sensitive I guess...

I'm pretty sure any blenny would do well in an RSM. I would wait and add him down the road or add him once you get an algae outbreak. They do really well with natural food in the tank, it also helps them transition to prepared foods.

Are you sure? I don't want to overload. :( but thanks for the advice :3

And yeah, some people are just more sensitive I guess...

for your tank, 4 average sized fish should be ok.

so get a small species of blenny and small species of srhimp goby

But I really want a goby/shrimp pair too. It's one or the other, right?

This is tricky and I didn't read this part. If you're wanting goby/shrimp I'd suggest a Midas or tailspot or any higher swimming blenny. The starry would possibly get aggressive with another bottom dwelling fish. That's just my observations with mine.

I'm sorry for any offense taken.

I'm good with it, I just don't like seeing two people I like fight. My friends sometimes call me Dr. Phil because if there's wind of a fight between two of my friends I will grab both of them, sit them down, listen to both side, tell them why they are stupid for making this an issue, and getting them past it. Kind of why I want to be a lawyer. :lol: conflict resolution.

All this typing and no pics?

Nice Blenny :)

I posted a picture an hour ago! :lol: and thanks. He's a cutie :) I'll take some pictures possibly later tonight after my water change.

Hmm, I'd rather just get the shrimp goby pair and no blenny. What's another high swimming fish, or at least in the middle of the water column?

Do you find that fish labeled as peaceful can be not so peaceful. Look at the reputation of the 6 line wrasse. I've heard mixed reviews about blennies too. Everybody agrees they have the best personalities and so I really really want one.

Have been debating a canary blenny or a midas. I have been told these 2 can be little terrorists.

Anyone have any real experience on keeping these? How about keeping both, will they fight?

Sorry 'bout the drama folks. I shall leave ballzee alone fo sho. :rolleyes:

Mid water column fish -assessors, very peacefull

and borring imo

they are as active as a dying fish, because they actually swim like one :/

Mid water column fish -assessors, very peacefull

Thanks! Not sure if this is directed at me or Kat, but I'm stealing it. :P

I love your tank by the way.

Midas are pretty, no doubt, very cute faces too, look at Candy's avatar. But what about them being terrorists?

Brad, Assessors are basslets right? They are semi-agressive though. I was thinking of a royal gamma but as a last fish and if I have room, were you suggesting any particular kind of assessor?

Assessors are not aggressive at all they are in the family of basselet but they're own genus. They're. Commonly labeled as the best reef fish. It was the first fish in my tank and is extemely peaceful. They are only aggressive toward other assessors, and toward royal gammas. Assessors are commonly picked on by most other fish due to they're small size of 2inches. They also swim upsidedown. Both yellow and blue assessors are peaceful, blue have a more peacful reputation - however both are skiddish and will hide if there are any aggresive eaters in the tank

Hmm, I'd rather just get the shrimp goby pair and no blenny. What's another high swimming fish, or at least in the middle of the water column?

Blenny > Goby IMO:

HuYpU.jpg

Case closed. :D

Archived