Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

If you get a good nurse it should be painless! I have to go donate again now that I think about it........ O+ they love me. :P

It's always unpleasant going to the doctor, I have luckily only ever really had to had stitches, oh and a few ER visits......

GL and feel better!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my point joel - after thinking about it if the lobster killed him he woulda ate him.....blame the gypsies

haha your shrimp cult - gypsies

my shrimp cult - the sluts

If you've had multiple K stones in the past, lithotrypsy shouldn't be too bad. Hope it goes well. I have been an ED nurase for many years and you can see that a patient has a k stone from the parking lot.

What a lynch mob!!!! I'd leave the lobster in there, especially since you're considering dams. What could it hurt now???

Yeah this will be my third lithotripsy. But the place I'm having it done doesn't put you under like the first time I had it done. I like going asleep and waking up lol. I'm just a big baby is all, I'm secretly dreading going back to get lab work.

My problem is that since I'm not having any kidney troubles now (no blood in urine or attacks) I feel fine. So this idea of going to the hospital sounds so silly. When my last 10mm stone blocked my ureter and my kidney swelled something like 25% and I was in so much pain and ended up at the ER at 3am, I didn't care that they took my blood, and I didn't care that I had to have it done because I just wanted it out of me. But now it's like "oh hey, I'm bored, let's go get some surgery." Meh.

The damsels at the LFS are pretty small but they do swim and behave differently.

I just like to come on here every now and then and leave a cat related picture.

82237723.gif

I cant keep up with this 283 page monster so I give up lol.

Lobster's name should be Dexter.

My son makes a huge deal of getting blood drawn and after it's done he always says it wasn't so bad. It's just no fun for sure. Sorry you have to go through it. I hope it goes really fast :)

That cat gif is amazing! I wonder if it was a real bat????

I hate needles. Bleh!

Agreed! Have you ever seen an epidural needle? You'd faint. They stuck that thing in me and an electrical jolt went down my right leg (they hit a nerve...jerks!). Weirdest thing ever...no fun!!!!!

You got lucky with the first one! 10mm is no joke for a man jeez!

Yeah, let's see my first two were 5 and 7, then I had lithotripsy for an 8mm but then there was another 8mm right behind it they didn't see, then I passed a really small one that gave me no trouble that I didn't even know I had it, then the 10mm I needed litho for, then another one that was 3 that gave me a lot of grief, and now this one.

Don't worry. I have to get my blood drawn every month or two and I'm scared every time.

It's just my history of vasovagal reactions to this stuff. I'm not really scared of getting it done, I'm scared of passing out.

This I mean i have to get work done during the day ffs joel!

:lol:

Lobster's name should be Dexter.

My son makes a huge deal of getting blood drawn and after it's done he always says it wasn't so bad. It's just no fun for sure. Sorry you have to go through it. I hope it goes really fast :)

The first time I had it done, I ripped out the needle, jumped out of the chair, shook off two nurses, led doctors on a chase through the hospital, then passed out face down in a hallway. I don't remember this. I remember seeing the blood, rush of adrenalin, then waking up in another room. :lol:

I just like to come on here every now and then and leave a cat related picture.

82237723.gif

I cant keep up with this 283 page monster so I give up lol.

Awesome gif :D

I hate needles. Bleh!

Preach it!

Agreed! Have you ever seen an epidural needle? You'd faint. They stuck that thing in me and an electrical jolt went down my right leg (they hit a nerve...jerks!). Weirdest thing ever...no fun!!!!!

Anddddd enough needle talk for today please! :lol:

Oh and another note, just saw that Felicia won POTM, so far I'm 2/2 :happydance:

Who's next? :P

not me unless it involves me getting ripped post p90x

... As a young child I had to have 3 quarts of blood drawn over the period of a week because of headaces... You know what the doctors that we traveled miles to go see told me my problem was?

I think to much... Really? <_<

Ever since then I ignore doctors and 99% of medication. Eat healthy, stay positive, and stay in shape.

surgicalsense

Still no complete verdict on the Dexter the killer lobster by default :P .... just suspect 1 now.

If it is more probable that if it were so, Dexter was the killer and you said if would of no doubt eating the whole blenny (due to it's small size) and that fact that it wasn't eating whole.

Did ever get a real close look at what the peppermint was munching on? Is it 100% confirmed or are you still letting the week grace time happen and see if the little one shows up?

I am being to think the poor little guy passed due to natural causes and just ended up being munched on by the others.

... and worse is a Lumbar puncture had it done 2 times. I caught viral meningitis from a pt I transported. No bueno :(

The first time I had it done, I ripped out the needle, jumped out of the chair, shook off two nurses, led doctors on a chase through the hospital, then passed out face down in a hallway. I don't remember this. I remember seeing the blood, rush of adrenalin, then waking up in another room. :lol:

HAHA I want to see the video from the hospital!

Like gena said I hope they got the blood while you were passed out.

SS no bueno! Bleh why I work at an animal hospital and not a people hospital.

Did you get the blood drawn yet today? It is today right? :huh: Just look away, don't watch what they do and you should be fine. Bring an I-pod or something and let them know if they want you to not flip out you need to put the headphones in and not see/hear them doing a thing.

Like a blindfold for a cat or dog, keeps them from seeing something coming and works 100% of the time.

Not yet, I excercised, now I'm hydrating, then I'm going to eat a huge meal, build my confidence, go get it done, then go get 9 damsels. I think 12 might be too much. Thinking YTD, 3stripe, and Chromis. But I'll decide at the LFS.

It's just my history of vasovagal reactions to this stuff. I'm not really scared of getting it done, I'm scared of passing out.

:lol:

Wow! Ive got unhealthily low blood pressure so I tend to pass out if I stand up right after getting blood drawn but that's insane! I just turn really pale and have to stay laying down for a while and drink some juice before they'll let me leave. Don't kill anybody this time!

Not yet, I excercised, now I'm hydrating, then I'm going to eat a huge meal, build my confidence, go get it done, then go get 9 damsels. I think 12 might be too much. Thinking YTD, 3stripe, and Chromis. But I'll decide at the LFS.

Cool! Headline reads,"Joel the reefer gets fish that swim" Stay tuned!!!!

Archived