ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually have no fish left because my peppermint shrimp ate little Stefan.

So now I am swearing off expensive fish and stocking with damsels. They get new fish in this coming wednesday and I am going to get 9, 3 ytds, 3 3stripes, and maybe chromis. Depends on what they get in.

They all died from a mysterious disease that left no sign of damage on them. Some think it's my reef lobster but all the fish were recovered unharmed. even by the cuc which makes me think something was wrong with them. I think my Pink Skunks brought the disease in.

:( I'm sorry to hear that. Sucks. I like damsels and chromis when in a school, so I'm excited to see yours. In my first go around in the hobby a few years ago, I couldn't keep fish, but my coral grew like crazy. Go figure.

Also, ethan, I guess you're accepted.

B)

Woohoo February picture time.

I tried to do a different kind of FTS, to show how the mangroves look out of the water:

5iuTA.jpg

Chalice :) you can see the new growth going down the sides:

FQUAV.jpg

Milli starting to color:

A6NVF.jpg

Purple Freak, really coloring up:

uvxvI.jpg

Frogspawn:

XJ39l.jpg

Sympodium:

VHbAe.jpg

Different Angle, thought it was cool, even though you can really see the cyano:

1jffX.jpg

Mangrove's new leaves:

k8Wj1.jpg

:)

It's a lot better now. Saturday I'm going to siphon it out too. The mat by the gsp is all connected so removing that will be easy.

Yes, but in a platonic way. :lol:

That's what it was meant as. :rolleyes:

I got a note like that today from the guy who sits behind me. I just drew a sad face and wrote taken next to it.

That's what it was meant as. :rolleyes:

I got a note like that today from the guy who sits behind me. I just drew a sad face and wrote taken next to it.

Oh he got friend zoned. :(

lol...i dont get it..how do you guys get cyano on your sand....do you guys stir your sand?

Believe me, I have no idea. 2,000gph and no feeding? My tank is the last tank that should have it. Weirdly enough I think adding fish will balance it. Get the system back in check.

And no, don't touch my sand.

FRIEND ZONE FIONA

also, I'm really sorry to hear about Stefan. :( what killed him?

One of my peppermint #####es.

No way! I don't think a peppermint shrimp could murder a fish. It was either already dead or it was murdered by the lobster and consequently became peppermint shrimp dinner :)

Really?? I have a peppermint and he doesn't leave his hole, much less bother the fish.

I'm sorry. :tears:

He was the one with the body at least.

No way! I don't think a peppermint shrimp could murder a fish. It was either already dead or it was murdered by the lobster and consequently became peppermint shrimp dinner :)

I just don't get how the lobster wouldn't eat something that he killed. Animals (most) don't kill for enjoyment. If he killed it, he would have eaten it, he's certainly big enough to consume him.

stir your sand, i bet if you try the bottom of your sb will be hard as dry lake mudd

I'll stir Saturday after I siphon a lot of the cyano out.

Archived