Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Yeah, damsels don't take crap so I think they will be a good match. If they start going missing I'll remove the lobster. :)

Just seeing how my YTD acted with my peppermint I think a few interactions between the two will teach both parties to steer clear of each other.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be like having a buncha drunk, frat guys in my tank. The damsels will be Delta Tau Chi and the lobster will be Omega Theta Pi. :lol:

Any animal house fans in here? ^

You have cyano busting to do also. You, me and Jordan :lol:

As do I, starting to get sick of it, going to do a 10 gallon WC tomorrow and siphon it out and stir more sand....

stir your sand, i bet if you try the bottom of your sb will be hard as dry lake mudd

I only stir 1/4 of the tank at a time, but yeah I noticed it was all packed hard and once I stirred it those spots look better and the others are all compacted..... Doing more tomorrow.

It's going to be like having a buncha drunk, frat guys in my tank. The damsels will be Delta Tau Chi and the lobster will be Omega Theta Pi. laugh.gif

Any animal house fans in here? ^

LMAO! :lol:

The key is to only do small sections at a time. Then once you get done it's time to start on the other side again.

I plan on doing another 1/4 of the sandbed tomorrow. I can say it HAS helped.

surgicalsense

:huh: ... on another note, thank you again.

As for the fish occurrences, maybe this calls for a all night surveillance for results ;)

Joel was not whoring. He just reminded me to tell people to vote and put a link in his sig. He was just being a supportive fiance, not whoring :lol:

No way! I don't think a peppermint shrimp could murder a fish. It was either already dead or it was murdered by the lobster and consequently became peppermint shrimp dinner :)

I agree

Who the #### is Ethan?

I'm the new regular... if I can keep up with all this activity.

Love the new photos. I want mangroves sticking out of my tank.

I stir/blow the top layer of my sandbed with I turkey baste.

Ahhh, what up mayne.

daps and hugs,

mean mugs and shoulder shrugs.

Who the #### is Ethan?

Nice pics btw.

:lol: thanks.

Please get a domino damsel or two, if you can. They aer my favorite and you never see them here on N-R!!!!!!

Only because I know the story behind them will I agree. I will at least get one, and round it all up to 10 fish. :)

The key is to only do small sections at a time. Then once you get done it's time to start on the other side again.

I plan on doing another 1/4 of the sandbed tomorrow. I can say it HAS helped.

I will definitely implement that strategy.

Gotta love those mangroves...looking good

Thanks man, your tank has some wicked dimensions for some mangroves too!

... on another note, thank you again.

As for the fish occurrences, maybe this calls for a all night surveillance for results

You're welcome :) its a good hosting site!

I will definitely watch the tank when the lights go off.

Joel was not whoring. He just reminded me to tell people to vote and put a link in his sig. He was just being a supportive fiance, not whoring

That's me, baby, supportive is my middle name. :lol:

"
"

The worst part about that is I've seen that before. :D

Oh, right...I almost forgot about the tank

The new FTS looks good. You just need some nice colorful fish in there!

This wednesday will be the day of stocking (hopefully). If I get dominos, I'm not sure I'll get 3stripes. I'll see if they can order me Talbots. And thanks :)

Love the new photos. I want mangroves sticking out of my tank.

I stir/blow the top layer of my sandbed with I turkey baste.

It takes a while to get the hang of keeping track of 10 threads growing at some of the fastest rates on NR but you'll get it.

Get some mangroves B) really all I do is spray them down with fresh water out of a squirt bottle to remove the salt build up. They add a nice touch.

Ahhh, what up mayne.

daps and hugs,

mean mugs and shoulder shrugs.

Siwelk, you just get me. :lol:

Who the #### is Ethan?

Nice pics btw.

'sup Ballz.

Hahahahaha this is like the 5th time this has been said....so funny...poor ethan lol

Hahahahaha this is like the 5th time this has been said....so funny...poor ethan lol

He took it well. :lol:

Tank looks great! I think the dams are a good choice.

Me too, now I just have to wait for them to come. If the LFS doesn't get the right ones in I'll probably order from live aquaria and maybe get another coral. I just don't want to pay for shipping and I know I don't want to spend $225 to get free shipping as I'm scoping out ordering from Mr. Coral again.

What'd i miss? I need a daily index on this thread.

Where is Ethan?

Haha I don't think you missed a lot. Unless you didn't see my pictures in post #5758

Only because I know the story behind them will I agree. I will at least get one, and round it all up to 10 fish. :)

Thank you :happy:

I hope it behaves :) The one we had grew to about 5 times it's original size. He was awesome!!!!!!

I know, I'm not going to not get one because I already told you I would :)

Besides, damsels are super easy to catch in the tank, one of the few species you can get barbless hooks and fish for them (one of my favorite past times :)) so if he gets too fresh I'll just go fishing. He shouldn't be a problem in the 75 though so that's good.

Archived