Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

How goes Binny?

Binny unfortunately is in clam heaven. Once he started showing signs of pm I wasn't able to reverse it. I dipped and put him in qt but he wouldn't get well. My other clam is still doing great though. No more clams for a while.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 masked gobies would be fine in there i reckon ;)

really? You think 3 in a 3 gallon would be ok? I got crap for wanting to put a pair of red striped gobies in here before.

Binny unfortunately is in clam heaven. Once he started showing signs of pm I wasn't able to reverse it. I dipped and put him in qt but he wouldn't get well. My other clam is still doing great though. No more clams for a while.

oh wait, THAT was Binny?! :(

I thought your other clam died. Awww.

really? You think 3 in a 3 gallon would be ok? I got crap for wanting to put a pair of red striped gobies in here before.

Masked gobies are very small.

You think 3 would work out in this tank? I never even thought of it being a possibility to keep 3 fish. That would be awesome if I could make it work.

I think I need to re-up on Clear Fx Pro...

clear fx pro is the shat! my water is crystal clear. Plus another thing I like avout it over chemi pure elite is that it took maybe 5 minutes to rinse out as opposed to 30 mins.

Hmmmm have you ever considered a pair of blue stripe pipefish?

I would absolutely love pipefish in this tank but I have asked around on NR and everyone says they dont recommend them in a tank this small. which makes sense since there is no way to have a large enough food source for them to live happily and healthily....is healthily a word? oh well :happy:

oh wait, THAT was Binny?! :(

I thought your other clam died. Awww.

What about Elacatinus dilepis aka orange side goby, super tiny. and look cool :)

What about Elacatinus dilepis aka orange side goby, super tiny. and look cool :)

Never even heard of those. I'll check them out.

Never even heard of those. I'll check them out.

Do you have any info about dwarf or pygmy gobies?

Do you have any info about dwarf or pygmy gobies?

Not a whole lot other than the info I have seen about the readily available species. Why?

Not a whole lot other than the info I have seen about the readily available species. Why?

Looking to find super small not the norm types of gobies.

Looking to find super small not the norm types of gobies.

I absurdly loved my red headed goby. He was active but also just hung out and wasn't shy at all.

I absurdly loved my red headed goby. He was active but also just hung out and wasn't shy at all.

This is red head goby?

Elacatinus_I_RR1838.jpg

This is red head goby?

Elacatinus_I_RR1838.jpg

Yup, that has been my favorite fish. I had him for over a year and then he decided to jump out of the tank. I have thought about getting another one for my 3 gallon but I'd really like to try something different.

Yup, that has been my favorite fish. I had him for over a year and then he decided to jump out of the tank. I have thought about getting another one for my 3 gallon but I'd really like to try something different.

Dwarf goby list I made so far to research and hopefully find.

Photos of each SP is in the linked post at bottom of list.

Maybe we can find some sweet looking types?

elacatinus dilepis (Orange side goby)

Eviota smaragdus (Ear-spot pygmy goby)

(Red head goby)

Trimma Sp. Gobies

Bryaninops dianneae (Fiji sponge goby)

Bryaninops yongei (Seawhip goby)

Gobiosoma illecebrosum (Barsnout goby)

Luposicya lupus (Yellow sponge goby)

Pleurosicya sp. (Pink sponge goby)

Trimma benjamini (Benjamin's goby)

Valenciennea decora

Valenciennea puellaris (Orange-dashed goby)

Valenciennea strigata (Bluestreak goby)

Here is the source link for above info:

http://www.ryanphotographic.com/gobiidae.htm

KeyboardWarrior
I would absolutely love pipefish in this tank but I have asked around on NR and everyone says they dont recommend them in a tank this small. which makes sense since there is no way to have a large enough food source for them to live happily and healthily....is healthily a word? oh well :happy:

I've seen a mated pair kept in a 15 litre tank for 6 months now and they are still going strong I guess it depends on the diet if you can get them eating enriched baby brine shrimp you'd be ok plus your tank has tons of microfauna but then then the difficulty is in finding ones that'll eat bbs and they can't take much flow so maybe not after all

I just learned from zephnyc in the albertthiel thread that there is a company that is aquaculturing pipefish and he thinks I would be able to keep one in my upcoming 5.5 build. I might be able to have a pipefish sooner that I thought. :happydance:

I just learned from zephnyc in the albertthiel thread that there is a company that is aquaculturing pipefish and he thinks I would be able to keep one in my upcoming 5.5 build. I might be able to have a pipefish sooner that I thought. :happydance:

Your getting a dwarf pipefish?

Your getting a dwarf pipefish?

Not sure if it will be a dwarf pipefish but it will be a pipefish that is aquacultured and trained on frozen mysis already.

still looking good jg :)

josh, who has the pipes in a 15L?

I thought you were talking to me for a second. We got a couple Josh's in the thread at the moment lol

Archived