SaltCritters.com

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Why isn't it happy?

Doesn't extend it's polyps anymore. No matter where it is in the tank it just doesn't look happy. I'm hoping with more room and a larger tank with a lot more stable perams it will be happier.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the new link to the 30? Like to see what you do with the SOL white. I'm thinking about getting 4 Blue pucks. They are like $25.

holy gha! this tank needs to be taken down. It's gotten out of control. I am going to salvage the corals that I can and take the rest of the rock to my lfs. I will think about setting it back up as a bare bottom tank in the near future as long as my wife agrees to help with the maintenance. I might actually be selling this tank to a friend and taking over his micro reefs sub gallon tank. Either way I will keep you all posted.

holy gha! this tank needs to be taken down. It's gotten out of control. I am going to salvage the corals that I can and take the rest of the rock to my lfs. I will think about setting it back up as a bare bottom tank in the near future as long as my wife agrees to help with the maintenance. I might actually be selling this tank to a friend and taking over his micro reefs sub gallon tank. Either way I will keep you all posted.

Algae is that bad, huh. :( Sorry, it just gets frustrating, doen't it? When my 36g had its algae issues, I didn't even want to look at it, so I don't blame you.

I'm dreading the day when my Spec has that problem. Doing everything I can to fight it now by being on top of things. I hope the Spec lasts as long as your tank did. Yours had an awesome run and was one of my favorites here. :)

L

surgicalsense
Binny unfortunately is in clam heaven. Once he started showing signs of pm I wasn't able to reverse it. I dipped and put him in qt but he wouldn't get well. My other clam is still doing great though. No more clams for a while.

... Binny! :o R.I.P

* trying to catch up. I am very behind with everyone's tanks.

• 1 month later...

Hey I was wondering what size loc line you used on your evo pump? Thank you.

to be honest Im not sure what size it is it is just one of the little y pieces. It has worked pretty well for me for the last couple years, great way to get more flow in the tank.

Just a quick update on the 3. The tank is still up and running but I have not been taking care of the tank like I should. I am focusing on the 30 gallon but I have not had time to tear the 3 down. it will be a sad day when its actually torn down.

sad sad day. This is the last fts that I will be posting of this tank other than when the tank is empty. It had a very good run and I appreciate all of the help that you have all given me throughout the life of this tank. You guys can all follow my new build in the members aquariums forum. The link is in my sig. Happy new years!

CE6E8F08-C3DA-470F-A127-7B569FD2422B-259

This was a great pico. Sad to see it go too...

Yeah it sucks pretty badly to see it go. I am hoping to make my 30 the best way tank I've had though. We will see how that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

The 3 gallon is officially not running anymore. It was a sad night but it had to happen. I need to focus on my 30 gallon for now and once that is running strong I am setting up another pico. Thanks for following along on this journey. Hope to see you all stop by my 30 gallon thread.

• Like 1

sad to hear brother. both our picos are broken down, time for other to take up the challenge and improve upon it! btw your 30 is looking great man!

• Like 1

sad to hear brother. both our picos are broken down, time for other to take up the challenge and improve upon it! btw your 30 is looking great man!

Thanks man. The 30 will definitely look better once I figure out the algae stuff but I'm trying to be patient which is the hardest thing for me in this hobby.

Awwww, sad to see this tank go. :(

I will be very happy indeed if my Spec lasts half as long.

Inspired by you and Newmann. :)

L

I'm honored that I could inspire you L. That is pretty cool to hear since I use this site as inspiration for all of my tanks. Your spec inspires me to set up an nps tank.

• 10 months later...
I forgot you had the picotope! Any chance you might set it up again????? :D

I have a pico in the planning stages right now. I had to throw this tank out due to a small crack on the back glass but I am thinking of just finding another jbj. I loved this tank and moss having a pico. Biggest part of the planning is talking my wife into another tank lol.

I have a pico in the planning stages right now. I had to throw this tank out due to a small crack on the back glass but I am thinking of just finding another jbj. I loved this tank and moss having a pico. Biggest part of the planning is talking my wife into another tank lol.

I like the sounds of this!!! :happydance:

marine depot have a deal on using the code epicsale i was going to get one but a guy got me a shipping quote of $220 to the uk lol

marine depot have a deal on using the code epicsale i was going to get one but a guy got me a shipping quote of $220 to the uk lol

Yes a bit steep ...

Archived