Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

I did a water change last night and decided to clean out my filter. The chaeto that was in there was looking like it was going to start melting so I pulled tht out. I also replace my chemi pure elite with a bag of clear fx pro. I must say my tank hasn't looked this clean and clear for a long time. I am going to try an sps coral in this tank to try and re spark my interest. I am also thinking I what else I can throw in the tank critter wise since my Pom Pom is the only thing left. I'll try to snap some photos later tonight.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a small pipefish a horrible idea for a 3 gallon pico? I have tons of pods for it to feed on for now and when those run out I have no problem supplementing its food. I have always loved these fish but I am willing to wait if I have to. What do you guys think?

scratch the pipefish idea, I'll wait until I have a larger tank. I need some more ideas for a new critter for this tank.

Clear fx pro is awesome!! My tank hasn't looked this clear in a long time. Now I just need to take care of the nastiness in my sand Ed and figure out what I'm going to put in the tank. Any ideas?

I have always wanted to try nps bu its never available locally it seems like. I hate paying for shipping to order corals unless it is on an order with someone else. Splitting the shipping costs really makes ordering worth it.

Clear fx pro is awesome!! My tank hasn't looked this clear in a long time. Now I just need to take care of the nastiness in my sand Ed and figure out what I'm going to put in the tank. Any ideas?

Nice, will have to try it out.

Good luck in your hunt for something interesting to do with the tank! Some good ideas bouncing around already.

Nice, will have to try it out.

Good luck in your hunt for something interesting to do with the tank! Some good ideas bouncing around already.

There are a lot of ideas bouncing around I just don't know what to do! There are so many choices! I don't know whether I want to do another small goby like a green banded, or try to find a sweet invert to try out. WWNR do? :D

Or just keep an eye on Diver's Den and grab something interesting!

That's not a bad idea. Shipping just kills me!

KeyboardWarrior

Just read this whole thread mate (you don't wanna know how long it's taken me) and wow what an amazing pico I definatly think you should maybe try keeping some SPS in the tank to get you interested again it would be a shame to break it down

Just read this whole thread mate (you don't wanna know how long it's taken me) and wow what an amazing pico I definatly think you should maybe try keeping some SPS in the tank to get you interested again it would be a shame to break it down

Thanks or taking the time to read the thread. I have decided to try out some new things with this tank so no more worries about me takin it down. It's comments like yours that make me want to keep it running and you guys have inspired me to continue proving that small tanks can be maintained for long periods of time. Thank you!

Nice scoly!! Did it really end up eating that zoa frag?? haha. Expensive meals....

No luckily he spit it out and the zoas are doing fine again. The scoly eats whatever it can get in its mouth. I don't know how many snails I've lost to the scoly.

Divers Den fish

6th row down

center

Masked gobies are badass but I don't know that I want a trio for this tank. I think 2 is my limit but I'll consider it. If anything I'll have my Lfs order me a pair of something lol. Thanks for lookin out though.

ORA tiger gobies are my favorite pico goby. A pair would fit nicely in your tank.

They are actually one of my favorites as well and I was originally going to put a pair in this tank when I set it up. I might have to see where I can get a pair.

Archived