ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New FTS is looking good!

Sealifeinc.net has pipefish occasionally too.

Thanks metro! I have seen the pipefish on Sealifeinc but it sounds like zeph knows where to get aquacultured ones that already eat frozen.

owlbassboy
I thought you were talking to me for a second. We got a couple Josh's in the thread at the moment lol

lol no i know josh(keyboardwarrior) from my own nano forum :)

KeyboardWarrior
still looking good jg :)

josh, who has the pipes in a 15L?

An LFS near me has had two blue stripe pipes and a trio of sexy shrimp in a TMC 15 mate they've had them in there for around 6 months I'll take some snaps next time I'm over there

I thought you were talking to me for a second. We got a couple Josh's in the thread at the moment lol

Yeah but I'm the only one that matters ;)

lol no i know josh(keyboardwarrior) from my own nano forum :)

Nano reefing knows no boarders ;)

Haven't been on my thread in a while due to a lack of anything happening....at all. I think I might be upgrading towards the end of the month. I really want a little bit bigger tank so I have more room for different options that I cant have right now. I love this tank but I think it might be time to move on to something new. I am thinking a nuvo 8 or something similar, what do you guys/gals think?

i havn't seen any rimless JBJ threads yet. so it would be cool to see one.

I was just looking at one last night here on N-R. It was a 30 gallon and it looked pretty cool, I haven't seen one in person yet though and I like seeing things before I purchase anything. We carry the nuvo at the lfs that I work at and I like that quality and the looks of the tanks.

are you going to continue using your PAR bulb?

definitely. I figure it be be just fine for an 8 gallon tank as long as I mount it close enough to the surface and I'll scape accordingly in order to keep sps at the top.

the lfs has two jbj rimless 30s set up right now. they are pretty nicely built. id go for one of the smaller jbjs if it were me.

the lfs has two jbj rimless 30s set up right now. they are pretty nicely built. id go for one of the smaller jbjs if it were me.

Really? Instead of the nuvo? What are your reasons behind liking the jbj over the nuvo?

Really? Instead of the nuvo? What are your reasons behind liking the jbj over the nuvo?

the build quality just seems to be better.

definitely. I figure it be be just fine for an 8 gallon tank as long as I mount it close enough to the surface and I'll scape accordingly in order to keep sps at the top.

or you could just order one of my par38s and mount it as close or far away as you like :)

Or should I get a shallow cube from pico aquariums? Only issue is they are closed for the summer so thats out for a while.

I think I will try to wait for a pico aquariums tank. I have always loved the look and design of the aio from them. Now to see if I can hold off and not just give in and go with one of the other options. This might be hard...

I definitely can understand the need to upgrade.

I guess I started with 8g already, so it was already more tank to work with, which is good. I think 8g is a wonderful pico size. If you get just a rimless tank, an Aquaclear 110 fits great in the back. I also have a MH in one of them, so it gives some really nice lighting options.

The tank looks stunning, btw. :)

L

I definitely can understand the need to upgrade.

I guess I started with 8g already, so it was already more tank to work with, which is good. I think 8g is a wonderful pico size. If you get just a rimless tank, an Aquaclear 110 fits great in the back. I also have a MH in one of them, so it gives some really nice lighting options.

The tank looks stunning, btw. :)

L

Thanks L, I appreciate the compliment. I guess I have just outgrown the pico. I would love to have more room for more corals and fish and whatever else. Knowing my wife she will not allow me to break down the tank so maybe I will be allowed to move this one into my sons nursery and I can start up a pico aquariums shallow cube for the loving room. I initially set up the 3 because we were living in an apartment at te time and I thought the smaller the better. It has worked out great but I'm ready to graduate to a larger tank and I don't see my 120 being set up in the near near future. I'll keep everyone posted once a decision is made.

Archived