Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Well guys/gals, it's official. I will be taking down the 3 in the next couple of weeks. I am also taking down my 14 gallon bio cube. I have decided to hold off on setting up my 120 until my wife and I find a new house so we don't set it up and tear it down a year later. 120 gallons is a big tank to move after its been set up. Good news is, my wife allowed me to buy a brand new 30 gallon innovative marine tank that will replace my two running tanks an keep me in the game until we find a newer bigger better house. I will be starting a thread here soon.

Sad about the picos, but...

Very happy about the Innovative Marines. Those tanks are awesome! Down the road, I'll be changing out my 8g to Nuvo 8's. I really like the aesthetics of them and it's pretty easy to upgrade the lighting.

For a busy person like me, AIOs are just the way to go right now. I also like that everything is hidden.

L

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrads on the baby!

Thanks man, It's pretty awesome being a dad.

I have the next two days off and I am hoping to get the stand built for the new tank.

i say you keep the 3gal up and just thin it down a bit. start fresh with your new tank!

you've already hit the 2 year mark might as well go for 2 more!

perfect suggestion!!!

perfect suggestion!!!

I would love to see this tank go for 2 more years but one of the reasons I purchased the 30 was so I could combine my 2 tanks. With the addition of my son to the family I wanted to only have one tank to take care of. My 3 is in the living room upstairs and my 14 is downstairs and right now the 14 is being neglected. the 30 is going upstairs so It is alot easier for me to see it everyday and take care of it. I'm also trying to talk my boss into letting me set up a tank in his office at work that I would be in charge of.

I would love to see this tank go for 2 more years but one of the reasons I purchased the 30 was so I could combine my 2 tanks. With the addition of my son to the family I wanted to only have one tank to take care of. My 3 is in the living room upstairs and my 14 is downstairs and right now the 14 is being neglected. the 30 is going upstairs so It is alot easier for me to see it everyday and take care of it. I'm also trying to talk my boss into letting me set up a tank in his office at work that I would be in charge of.

i know the feeling man.

i know the feeling man.

taking care of two tanks is a lot of work when you have a 6 week old lol. I will eventually end up setting up a pico again and I think you have inspired me to set up a micro reefs pico.

Well guys my human frag has arrived. Jaxon Eric, I hope he grows up to enjoy the hobby as much as I do. I'm also hoping I will still have time to enjoy my tank and keep it healthy. Here he is

Congratulations Daddy !

Congratulations Daddy !

Thanks alot Albert I really appreciate it! It's the coolest thing ever to be a dad. I can't wait to share the hobby with my son. We took him to my lfs the other day and he was following around a queen angel that was in one of the show tanks.

Thanks alot Albert I really appreciate it! It's the coolest thing ever to be a dad. I can't wait to share the hobby with my son. We took him to my lfs the other day and he was following around a queen angel that was in one of the show tanks.

I am sure it is and remember how it felt for me many many years ago when my daughter was born in Brussels Belgium !

You must be on top of the world !

hey jg, what ato are you using?

Its actually a DIY. Ordered the float sensor from Chicago sensor and used an aqua lifter pump. It's worked perfect for me the whole time the tank had been set up.

Its actually a DIY. Ordered the float sensor from Chicago sensor and used an aqua lifter pump. It's worked perfect for me the whole time the tank had been set up.

samething im going to have :lol:

samething im going to have :lol:

It's worked great for me. It just seems like the aqua lifter pump has lost se power over the years but still does its job.

It's worked great for me. It just seems like the aqua lifter pump has lost se power over the years but still does its job.

yea that would be fine for me cus its going to have little to no head hight so it wont have to work to hard. B)

how does it work? is it similar to el fabs? im asking because i really need an ato :P

you splice the float switch into a extension cord and plug in the aqua lifter. its dangerous cus most cheap float switches arent rated for 120v and the amp draw that it required for most pumps. i do believe chicago sensor make a switch that will handle the aqua lifter

you splice the float switch into a extension cord and plug in the aqua lifter. its dangerous cus most cheap float switches arent rated for 120v and the amp draw that it required for most pumps. i do believe chicago sensor make a switch that will handle the aqua lifter

What he said! B)

what do you mean by "splice the extension cord"?

You have to create a circuit by splicing the float switch into the extension cord. You can look up some instructions on doing this to make an ato on YouTube. Very easy.

Nice to see this tank still going. Cant wait to see your larger/combined tank. Also, congrats on the baby!!!

Thanks pj. It's definitely awesome being a father. I ant wait to share the hobby with him. I am also glad to see this tank still up. It is surprising to me that I have been able to keep it running. I look forward to hearing from you on my 30 gallon thread.

Thanks pj. It's definitely awesome being a father. I ant wait to share the hobby with him. I am also glad to see this tank still up. It is surprising to me that I have been able to keep it running. I look forward to hearing from you on my 30 gallon thread.

Yes indeed ... must be great indeed.

Following for the combined tank set up that you are planning on

Yes indeed ... must be great indeed.

Following for the combined tank set up that you are planning on

Good to hear Albert. The 30 should be very interesting. I plan on trying to keep some not so usual live stock. stuff that you don't always see in tanks. That is if I can gets my hands on some of the stuff that I want.

Archived