SaltCritters.com

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Good to hear Albert. The 30 should be very interesting. I plan on trying to keep some not so usual live stock. stuff that you don't always see in tanks. That is if I can gets my hands on some of the stuff that I want.

Oh if you look around on the Net for long enough you will find vendors for sure who have unusual stuff for you. What where you thinking of if I may ask ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh if you look around on the Net for long enough you will find vendors for sure who have unusual stuff for you. What where you thinking of if I may ask ?

Well one of the creatures I'd like for this tank is an emperor shrimp. I would love to have some sort of sea cucumber that it could host as well. other than that honestly I'm looking for suggestions for some cool stuff.

it would be cool if we could move this convo to my 30 gallon thread so I have it in the thread for.that tank as well its in the members aquarium section. 3+14=30 gallons of awesome

Well one of the creatures I'd like for this tank is an emperor shrimp. I would love to have some sort of sea cucumber that it could host as well. other than that honestly I'm looking for suggestions for some cool stuff.

it would be cool if we could move this convo to my 30 gallon thread so I have it in the thread for.that tank as well its in the members aquarium section. 3+14=30 gallons of awesome

Yes that would be nice indeed, like this one sitting on a sea cucumber ...

empshrimp.png

which you can view also at http://www.eco-divers.com/galleries/v/peterlange/11.jpg.html

On the thread, you can copy and paste the convo and repost it there with any replies ...

That should work ... and get it in the place you want.

Now that I have been making some progress on my 30 gallon build I have found myself having a hard time talking myself into breaking this tank down. part of my wants to keep it up and running and the other half thinks its a good idea to break it down. I really dont know what it is going to come down to.

Now that I have been making some progress on my 30 gallon build I have found myself having a hard time talking myself into breaking this tank down. part of my wants to keep it up and running and the other half thinks its a good idea to break it down. I really dont know what it is going to come down to.

That hurt my soul. ='(

Your tank is so beautiful. I'm all for weird critters, but this little tank is so pretty!

That hurt my soul. ='(

Your tank is so beautiful. I'm all for weird critters, but this little tank is so pretty!

It hurts my soul as well. This tank has been a huge part of my everyday life for the past 2 years and it is hard to even think of breaking it down. I don't know what i will do at this point. The whole reason I bought the 30 was so I could combine my two tanks so my wife might freak out if I decide to keep the 3 running. And thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Tell her that it would be a disservice if this tank DIDN'T at least make it to the 2 year mark.

L

If I do end up keeping the tank running I think I will have to do something about the sandbed. It is starting to look really nasty and I know it's not good for the tank. I have even thought about going bare bottom. But I don't know, it's a very hard decision. I have noticed some gha as well. I'm not sure ill be able to transfer everything from this tank to the 30.

New fts.

CEFE5A86-AC58-42D6-8E31-20B19002CF52-9682-00000824C6CE35C3.jpg

I was looking at all of my old pictures and found a picture of my wifes old 2.5 gallon maxi mini/mushroom tank. This thing was as bare bones as a tank can be and it ran awesome for a long time. Had some pretty sweet mushrooms in the tank, one was a metallic orange that just glowed!

2011-05-16211350.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Of course now that I want to transfer livestock to the 30 this tank is going through a hair algae outbreak. I'm thinking about grabbing an emerald to throw in the tank to mow the lawn and get the chems in check before I transfer anything. The last thing I need is to transfer gha to the new tank.

Of course now that I want to transfer livestock to the 30 this tank is going through a hair algae outbreak. I'm thinking about grabbing an emerald to throw in the tank to mow the lawn and get the chems in check before I transfer anything. The last thing I need is to transfer gha to the new tank.

Livestock (fish) should not be a problem but corals may have spores of GHA or even strands of it on their skeleton so you will really need a very good clean up before transferring or you will introduce GHA in the new tank, but then you appear to be aware of that ...

That blows mate - right call to get it sorted in the pico before transferring.

Yeah it does blow. Right around the 2 year mark which is when everyone seems to think it is likely to happen in a tank this size. It doesn't help that I have been so busy with the introduction of my son that my tank maintenance hasn't been what it should be. I'm not sure what to do honestly. I would love to transfer everything but there are some things that just won't be possible since it is on rocks with the algae. I need to figure it out soon because I am setting up the 30 in the next couple of days, possibly tonight.

Livestock (fish) should not be a problem but corals may have spores of GHA or even strands of it on their skeleton so you will really need a very good clean up before transferring or you will introduce GHA in the new tank, but then you appear to be aware of that ...

The only thing in this tank other than the corals is a couple hermits, a Pom Pom crab and one nassarius snail. There are a couple corals in this tank I can live without and might end up taking them to my lfs for credit but some of the corals I need to transfer. Hopefully it goes well and I don't lose any corals in the transfer process.

The only thing in this tank other than the corals is a couple hermits, a Pom Pom crab and one nassarius snail. There are a couple corals in this tank I can live without and might end up taking them to my lfs for credit but some of the corals I need to transfer. Hopefully it goes well and I don't lose any corals in the transfer process.

That's good know and I don't think you should have any problems with the coral transfer as they are going in a bigger tank and hopefully conditions they like better.

Good luck with the move

That's good know and I don't think you should have any problems with the coral transfer as they are going in a bigger tank and hopefully conditions they like better.

Good luck with the move

Thanks albert. I got the 30 up and running last night. It was bitter sweet for me, I absolutely love the new tank but the 3 is my pride and joy. It is time for the 3 to come down though, it has had a long and good life. I will start deciding on what corals I am keeping and whick ones I am going to sell or trade in.

Thanks albert. I got the 30 up and running last night. It was bitter sweet for me, I absolutely love the new tank but the 3 is my pride and joy. It is time for the 3 to come down though, it has had a long and good life. I will start deciding on what corals I am keeping and whick ones I am going to sell or trade in.

Good to read it an glad for you ..... and I guess you'll be posting pics soon ... happy reef keeping

Good to read it an glad for you ..... and I guess you'll be posting pics soon ... happy reef keeping

The pics are in my thread for the 30. Go check it out!

I moved the 3 gallon into my sons nursery from its spot to make room for the 30 gallon in the front room and now my wife has decided that she would like to keep it running. I wish she would make up her mind!

I moved the 3 gallon into my sons nursery from its spot to make room for the 30 gallon in the front room and now my wife has decided that she would like to keep it running. I wish she would make up her mind!

It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :huh:

:lol:

It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :huh:

:lol:

LOL I am beginning to realize that but it is also a mans perogative to get confused about how often a womans mind is changed :lol: we bought the 30 because she wanted to consolidate and now she wants to keep it running. :wacko: oh well more work for me :happy:

YEAH! Very happy you are keeping this running. Are you still going to steal stock for your 30?

I'm thinking about it but then again I think I might keep what's in this tank here. It's been here for two years why not keep it. I might go bare bottom though. This sand is going to be the death of me.

Love your plate coral! and everything else of course :lol:

Thanks, the plate definitely needs new home. It hasn't been a happy plate for a while so I'm hoping it will be happy in the 30 gallon.

Thanks, the plate definitely needs new home. It hasn't been a happy plate for a while so I'm hoping it will be happy in the 30 gallon.

Why isn't it happy?

Archived