Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Everything looks good jg! I am actually resurrecting my Pico for a contest with my local club. I'm going to need some ideas on stocking it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything looks good jg! I am actually resurrecting my Pico for a contest with my local club. I'm going to need some ideas on stocking it.

I can't wait to start stocking my 5.5 gallon. I have so many ideas but I haven't decided on one yet lol. Good to hear you are bringing the pico back.

This thread has become so boring that I don't even check it anymore :slap: everything in the tank is still doing great. I have been chacking my maxima for snails and any signs of pm and all is well so far. I am planning to move a couple things into my 5.5 gallon once its cycled just to get some of the sandbed clutter out. I'll try to take some pics with my actual camera tonight and get them edited so I can post some decent pics.

so your keeping this running when you setup the 5.5?

Yes. I want to keep this tank running as long as I can. I have almost hit 2 years.

I have only kept one sps successfully but I have thought of adding another. I will look at what my lfs has tonight.

Easiest SPS to try are montiporas and birdsnests.

Yeah that's what I've heard. I have had a red monti in this tank for a whole now and it has been doing awesome. It grows pretty steadily and has really good color. I will try to find a nice piece of birds nest, I have the perfect spot for it.

Does anybody have any oppinions on chemi pure elite vs purigen? Which one do you think is a better product? It's about time for me to switch out my chemi pure and I think I might try purigen instead unless someone gives me a reason not to.

Clear Fx Pro!

Does that stuff come in a smaller more convenient size for my pico? Or will I need to mess with putting a smaller portion into a bag.

The bag I have is like baseball size.

Fits easily in my AC70 on my 5.5g.

Is it possible to use too much of that stuff in a little tank? I would think all that chemical filtration could have an ill effect on a pico. Am I wrong?

I suppose it could starve SPS of PO4 or NO3 if it was used in a ULNS.

But that could be true of any method of aggro nutrient export.

I guess you could just experiment.

I fear that I have lost interest in this tank. I don't know how to re-kindle the fires if you know what I am saying. I really don't want to tear the tank down but I need some ideas on what I can do to get interested again. I know that a lot of you guys and gals out there have went through this same thing so help me out here. :blink:

I think I'd like to try a new critter in this tank. The only thing I have in there now is my Pom Pom crab who's his slowly making the whole tank his territory. Anybody have any suggestions?

A group of sexy shrimp?

Hmmm. Maybe, but they make me nervous because the last ones I had wouldn't leave my corals alone and I lost some nice stuff due to them. Didn't matter how much I fed them either.

Archived