ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
So i have finally decided to start my tank thread. I have been sneaking around doing my research and checking out everyones tanks, getting ideas and finally got my tank up and running. I have had a couple tanks in the past, one 14 gal biocube, a 75 gal aga and a 10 gal aga. This time around i wanted to try a smaller tank since i recently moved into an apartment. Thanks for all the help i have gotten on NR, opinions and advice are welcome and appreciated. Here it is...

• 3 gal JBJ picotope
  • Aqua clear 70 with fuge mod
  • hydor 50 watt heater
  • orphek pr125

• About 1 1/2lbs of fiji live rock
  • About 3 1/2lbs reef cleaners carribean reef rock.
  • 5lbs of carib sea oolite live sand.

Livestock list

-pom pom crab

-red emerald crab

-1zebra hermit crab

-3 micro hermit crabs

-1 nerite snail

-1 cerith snails

-2 inch gold maxima

-1.5 inch gold maxima

-1.5 feather duster worms

-orange fungia

-bleeding apple scoly

-raspberry acan

-saw breaker leptastrea

-favia

-war coral

-ricordea

-gsp

-lobo

-blasto

-yellow sponges

-blue anthelia

-green candy cane

-mixed zoanthids

-mushrooms

-neon green toadstool

-monti cap

-tiny frag of xenia

87bfe00b.jpg

let me know what you guys think. I am waiting for the tank to cycle at the moment and i am not 100% positive what my stocking plans are. I definitely want to do some sexy shrimp and some kind of goby but i want to do a different goby than what people usually do. I look forward to keepin my own tank thread and hope you enjoy it and help me along the way.

Micro-Reefs is a big fan of clean pico's and the rockscape! You have done an excellent job with both! I like your organization placement of your powerheads, reminds me of my Oceanice bowfront days, I use to have those cleverly hidden in the corners, just like yours... B)

Congrats on the longevity, I saw that and I'm impressed.... ;)

MG

Micro-Reefs is a big fan of clean pico's and the rockscape! You have done an excellent job with both! I like your organization placement of your powerheads, reminds me of my Oceanice bowfront days, I use to have those cleverly hidden in the corners, just like yours... B)

Congrats on the longevity, I saw that and I'm impressed.... ;)

MG

Thanks for the compliments, means a lot coming from someone who has done so much for the pico community. I think all of your tanks are awesome and hope to one day soon own one. I'll see if I can get a better fts up, that ones horrible lol.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thanks for the compliments, means a lot coming from someone who has done so much for the pico community. I think all of your tanks are awesome and hope to one day soon own one. I'll see if I can get a better fts up, that ones horrible lol.

You are referring to the tank in 2004 that officially got me hooked on Pico's, it's our 1.6 glass Huey Hung with 9' inch old school Coralife Power Compacts!

My beauty is #1 goggle hit for Pico Reefs images!

ja8bia.jpg

We are working with a manufacturer that will do our light fixture for this original size tank! Nuff Said! :o

You are referring to the tank in 2004 that officially got me hooked on Pico's, it's our 1.6 glass Huey Hung with 9' inch old school Coralife Power Compacts!

My beauty is #1 goggle hit for Pico Reefs images!

ja8bia.jpg

We are working with a manufacturer that will do our light fixture for this original size tank! Nuff Said! :o

Ill take the first one out lol. That's awesome that it was with a pc light, people underestimate the power of those things.

Fts

3fb82c14.jpg

Looks great! Both tanks. :)

Yes, it's great to see picos that are more long term. It's my hope you keep yours going.

My new reef will use PC lighting. Use what you got & adapt accordingly. Haha, I'm using that fixture until it goes bust. :lol:

L

Looks great! Both tanks. :)

Yes, it's great to see picos that are more long term. It's my hope you keep yours going.

My new reef will use PC lighting. Use what you got & adapt accordingly. Haha, I'm using that fixture until it goes bust. :lol:

L

I am going to keep this tank up as long as I possibly can. I'm not moving anytime soon and my fiancé won't allow it anyways lol. I do love this tank and I have never been more proud of one of my tanks. It's definitely become a part of me if you know what I mean. I can't imagine what I would feel like if the day comes when I am forced to take it down.

Psychosis

Armageddon or retirement some time in the late 2050's are the only reasonable excuses to take this pico down.

I'm getting some LE picodope anthelia! Wazup?

Armageddon or retirement some time in the late 2050's are the only reasonable excuses to take this pico down.

I'm getting some LE picodope anthelia! Wazup?

Yup, whenever you wanna come get it let me know. It's time to mow the anthelia lawn lol

It's pretty crazy how different our tanks look when the lights are off. It makes me wonder how we figured out what corals actually looked like under our lighting.

I don't think it looks bad. :)

L

It looks very natural. I have never been to the ocean or snorkeled or anything and when my lights are off thats what I imagine it looks like. I like it as well L, I have always wanted to do a natural sunlight tank but I don't have a spot in my house where it would get enough light throughout the day.

So do saggy t!ts.

Naaa mean?

Reef lights are like Photoshop.

lmao totally. If non reef people saw my tank with lights off they would probably ask why im keeping a tank full of crap!

Lol.

I appreciate the natural beauty and would love to dive.

But it wouldn't make me keep a tank w/ natural sunlight.

Lol.

I appreciate the natural beauty and would love to dive.

But it wouldn't make me keep a tank w/ natural sunlight.

It's not that I would enjoy looking at the natural sunlight tank but I'm interested to see growth and stuff like that.

random photo of the day. I catch my emerald crab using my toadstool as a bridge from one rock to another all the time. the toadstool gets pissed for a couple minutes but opens right back up only for the emerald to decide he wants to be on the other rock again.

bbce7249.jpg

Binny looks good even in the sun :)

Yes he does, It seems like the clams really enjoy the natural sunlight. Ill take a photo of just binny the next time the lights are off.

I think I want to add some sweet macros to this tank. I want some really bright cool lookin stuff. metrokat and gena have inspired me to add some macros to the tank.

Archived