ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

My orphek par bulb just decided to take a #### on me today! Looks like i have to find a new light. This really isnt what i should be buying right now. Im pissed!!!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
####

If this is the 4 letter word I'm thinking of it doesn't justify the anger I am feeling right now! Fml!

Damn man, that sucks. Do you need to borrow that boost bulb I have for a bit?

If you aren't using it than that would be amazing! I just need it until I decide which bulb to order. Any suggestions?

If I could have a do over, I'd either go with rapid or a new ledtric bulb.

It's no problem at all, I'm just using it for the 5.5 later.

I'm thinking of pullin the trigger on the ledtric full spectrum. What do you think? Seems like it would be a weird spectrum since it only has 2 white LEDs. Idk wtf to do! Aaahhhh

I think I am going to try the ledtric full spectrum bulb. Anyone have any other suggestions? Speak now or forever hold your piece!

Get a Kessil, and get me one too. Or a pair of Radions, what ever floats your boat. Maybe some Plasma fixtures.

my gold maxima looked very pissed today before I left to work. I will be pissed if I lose this clam due to the orphek bulb being a total piece of crap! I ordered the full spectrum bulb from ledtric so I hope that gets here soon. I cannot beleive the orphek bulb completely stopped working after 4-5 months. GARBAGE!

Ledtric full spectrum is on its way as well as my 5.5 gallon aio unit. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait to check out the new light and get going on the 5.5 build.

On another note, my gold maxima has looked pissed off ever since i got home and my light had been off all day. It honestly looks like pinched mantle. What can I do to try to avoid the clam dying. Will a dip help in any way? I'll post this in the clam thread as well. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong, but who knows with my luck.

oh that stinks!!!! I hope you like the ledtric bulb, mike is awesome!!

I'm sure I will love the bulb. I'm interested to see the growth and color under the full spectrum bulb.

Oh ok haha. I am keeping my eye out for another bargain bin clam for rehype.

Dut you're in Denver, Eugene is in NJ. :huh:

my gold maxima looked very pissed today before I left to work. I will be pissed if I lose this clam due to the orphek bulb being a total piece of crap! I ordered the full spectrum bulb from ledtric so I hope that gets here soon. I cannot beleive the orphek bulb completely stopped working after 4-5 months. GARBAGE!
On another note, my gold maxima has looked pissed off ever since i got home and my light had been off all day. It honestly looks like pinched mantle. What can I do to try to avoid the clam dying. Will a dip help in any way? I'll post this in the clam thread as well. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong, but who knows with my luck.

Post a pic asap. And I'm getting you help hang on.

Dut you're in Denver, Eugene is in NJ. :huh:

Post a pic asap. And I'm getting you help hang on.

Ahheemm....

Ahheemm....

...just clearing my throat

can i see a pic, and how big is it and how long have you had it and are there any other clams in the tank??

Hi Kat ! ;)

can i see a pic, and how big is it and how long have you had it and are there any other clams in the tank??

Hi Kat ! ;)

+1 are there any corals near by that have sweepers? Clams can also mistakenly be diagnosed to PM when they retract parts of their mantels that are being stung by corals.

Photos will help big time.

Holy cow here they come to save the day! I unfortunately do not have a picture because I had to leave home early for work. I will be able to take one once I'm off today. There is another clam in the tank and it is doing fine. This all started once my orphek bulb stopped working and the tank was without light for a full day. Before that the clam looked awesome and open. I check my clams every night for pyramid snails and haven't seen any. The clam isn't close to any corals at all really.

Holy cow here they come to save the day! I unfortunately do not have a picture because I had to leave home early for work. I will be able to take one once I'm off today. There is another clam in the tank and it is doing fine. This all started once my orphek bulb stopped working and the tank was without light for a full day. Before that the clam looked awesome and open. I check my clams every night for pyramid snails and haven't seen any. The clam isn't close to any corals at all really.

Take a pic in a day or two if the issue persists. PM isn't going to take out a clam days after it is noticed unless your water params are terrible to boot. PM can take weeks, or even months to kill an otherwise healthy clam. There is a good chance it is simply annoyed from the disruption of light, however, we can determine more from a photo.

I unfortunately do not have a picture because I had to leave home early for work.

How about you go ahead and set aside some black airline tubing for me mayne.

Need to rig up this Tom's ATO before my vaca.

Being without light for just one day wont hurt a healthy clam at all. its not always bright and sunny every day on the reef!! I am guessing a clam can have PM for at least a month or so before it shows any obvious signs, but I do know the very first sign. Even if your clam looks awesome when the lights are on, watch how it closes in response to the lights turning off. IF your lights dimm down slow this may not work, but I only use halides, so when the lights suddenly turn off a healthy clam will pull its mantle in smoothly and all at the same time. If it is carrying PM it fold its mantle closed like origami. After a few weeks of this it will start to show folds during the day and will soon die if un attended.

Archived