Top Shelf Aquatics

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered an ledtric moon pop earlier today since they were on sale for $39 I couldn't pass it up. I'll post pics once it comes in but I'm sure all of you have seen one before. I got the go ahead to upgrade this tank from my wife. She agrees that a larger tank for te living room would be nice and she likes the idea of having more room for livestock. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens with that. Still debating on what tank to do, if pico aquariums wasn't closed my mind would be made up but not sure I'll be able to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys my human frag has arrived. Jaxon Eric, I hope he grows up to enjoy the hobby as much as I do. I'm also hoping I will still have time to enjoy my tank and keep it healthy. Here he is

8e295eb2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the congrats guys/gals. It is the most amazing feeling in the world to hold my son, I cannot wait until we set up his first tank together.

On a different note, my clam has taken a turn for the worst. As many of you know I have been battling pyramid snails and things were going really well until I was away from my house for about 3 days and nights. I made it a point to check the clam for any snails every night. Things were great and the clam was looking amazing! On august 6th my son was born and I was at the hospital for about 3 days and nights when I came back the clam looked pretty bad. I immediately did a dip and quarantined the clam for a couple days and the clam did not start looking any better. Yesterday it looked the worst and I have come to the conclusion that it is not going to get any better. I picked up the clam and inspected it and where the byssal gland is there was a huge pyramid snail. This really sucks because I was doing so good before I left it for a couple days. This is enough to make me want to take this tank down, Its had a very good run.

My tank is officially clam free. This is the fist time in about a year that I haven't had a clam in my tank. I have decided to not put any other clams in my pico, I am going to wait until I set up another thank that I know is pyramid snail free.

Callum,Jaydenandsophie
So i have finally decided to start my tank thread. I have been sneaking around doing my research and checking out everyones tanks, getting ideas and finally got my tank up and running. I have had a couple tanks in the past, one 14 gal biocube, a 75 gal aga and a 10 gal aga. This time around i wanted to try a smaller tank since i recently moved into an apartment. Thanks for all the help i have gotten on NR, opinions and advice are welcome and appreciated. Here it is...

• 3 gal JBJ picotope
  • Aqua clear 70 with fuge mod
  • hydor 50 watt heater
  • LEDtric full spectrum bulb.

• About 1 1/2lbs of fiji live rock
  • About 3 1/2lbs reef cleaners carribean reef rock.
  • 5lbs of carib sea oolite live sand.

Livestock list

-pom pom crab

-red emerald crab

-1zebra hermit crab

-3 micro hermit crabs

-1 nerite snail

-1 cerith snails

-2 inch gold maxima

-1.5 feather duster worms

-orange fungia

-bleeding apple scoly

-raspberry acan

-saw breaker leptastrea

-favia

-war coral

-ricordea

-gsp

-lobo

-blasto

-yellow sponges

-blue anthelia

-green candy cane

-mixed zoanthids

-mushrooms

-neon green toadstool

-monti cap

-tiny frag of xenia

87bfe00b.jpg

let me know what you guys think. I am waiting for the tank to cycle at the moment and i am not 100% positive what my stocking plans are. I definitely want to do some sexy shrimp and some kind of goby but i want to do a different goby than what people usually do. I look forward to keepin my own tank thread and hope you enjoy it and help me along the way.

Wow what a stunning setup you have there.... :)

Wow what a stunning setup you have there.... :)

Thanks, Its changed a little bit since that picture but pretty much the same. I appreciate the compliment.

I may have missed it since I skipped from page 85, but how's the scoly?

The scoly is looking a little rough still but I am going to try and bring it back to its glory. I might try putting it in a different spot in the tank and hope water changes takes care of the issue.

So i have finally decided to start my tank thread. I have been sneaking around doing my research and checking out everyones tanks, getting ideas and finally got my tank up and running. I have had a couple tanks in the past, one 14 gal biocube, a 75 gal aga and a 10 gal aga. This time around i wanted to try a smaller tank since i recently moved into an apartment. Thanks for all the help i have gotten on NR, opinions and advice are welcome and appreciated. Here it is...

• 3 gal JBJ picotope
  • Aqua clear 70 with fuge mod
  • hydor 50 watt heater
  • LEDtric full spectrum bulb.

• About 1 1/2lbs of fiji live rock
  • About 3 1/2lbs reef cleaners carribean reef rock.
  • 5lbs of carib sea oolite live sand.

Livestock list

-pom pom crab

-red emerald crab

-1zebra hermit crab

-3 micro hermit crabs

-1 nerite snail

-1 cerith snails

-2 inch gold maxima

-1.5 feather duster worms

-orange fungia

-bleeding apple scoly

-raspberry acan

-saw breaker leptastrea

-favia

-war coral

-ricordea

-gsp

-lobo

-blasto

-yellow sponges

-blue anthelia

-green candy cane

-mixed zoanthids

-mushrooms

-neon green toadstool

-monti cap

-tiny frag of xenia

87bfe00b.jpg

let me know what you guys think. I am waiting for the tank to cycle at the moment and i am not 100% positive what my stocking plans are. I definitely want to do some sexy shrimp and some kind of goby but i want to do a different goby than what people usually do. I look forward to keepin my own tank thread and hope you enjoy it and help me along the way.

Love your big feather duster and open brain! Definitely getting an open brain for my cube.

Love your big feather duster and open brain! Definitely getting an open brain for my cube.

I absolutely love my feather duster! I think you are talking about the scoly? If so, its one of my favorite pieces in my tank. With the latest addition of my son into the family I have slacked on tank maintenance and the scoly is the only coral showing signs of being neglected. I am trying to nurse it back to health, hopefully it comes back.

I absolutely love my feather duster! I think you are talking about the scoly? If so, its one of my favorite pieces in my tank. With the latest addition of my son into the family I have slacked on tank maintenance and the scoly is the only coral showing signs of being neglected. I am trying to nurse it back to health, hopefully it comes back.

I've been tired too. :)

L

I've been tired too. :)

L

Whats your reason for being tired L? All the years of staying up late playing video games and chatting on N-R I should have been sleeping. I never anticipated how hard it would be to adjust to losing so much sleep.

Whats your reason for being tired L? All the years of staying up late playing video games and chatting on N-R I should have been sleeping. I never anticipated how hard it would be to adjust to losing so much sleep.

Haha, I know the feeling. Was friends with a lot of first time parents while I was getting my doctorate. I know their look very well and I don't think I'd wear that look well.

Hopefully you'll get some back when the little spawn starts sleeping through the night.

L

Well guys/gals, it's official. I will be taking down the 3 in the next couple of weeks. I am also taking down my 14 gallon bio cube. I have decided to hold off on setting up my 120 until my wife and I find a new house so we don't set it up and tear it down a year later. 120 gallons is a big tank to move after its been set up. Good news is, my wife allowed me to buy a brand new 30 gallon innovative marine tank that will replace my two running tanks an keep me in the game until we find a newer bigger better house. I will be starting a thread here soon.

Archived