Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Sorry guys, no better pics tonight, I'm still doing homework, I can't do my math homework, it's really frustating since I keep getting things wrong, but I can't find out what I'm doing wrong <_<

Anyways, time to give up and go to sleep!

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow (and will probably mess with the scape too)

<_< I wanted at least one of my threads to be safe from your fail pics...

Anyways, I just did a quick scape, I think it's ok, I only used 2 rocks total lol

Lots of space on the left side, I wanted to put some rock there, but I figured it would look nice with just a forest or oar grass :P

I know, I know, it looks like a mound of rocks in the corner. I like the 1 bigger rock in the corner, not quite sure what I should do with the half-arch rock next to it

Suggestions? (paint sketches welcome)

post-53893-1285117393_thumb.jpg

post-53893-1285117401_thumb.jpg

post-53893-1285117407_thumb.jpg

i like the new scape, it looks really nice! course, i might be kinda biased, i went for a similar look when i scaped my 10 :P

Really?

I think it kinda just looks like rocks piled in a corner lol

I'm fighting the urge to throw in a ton more rock and make caves and arches and other stuff to fill up the other side of the tank

Really?

I think it kinda just looks like rocks piled in a corner lol

I'm fighting the urge to throw in a ton more rock and make caves and arches and other stuff to fill up the other side of the tank

here's a pic of the tank in march, <1 month after i set it up--th_nanoreef-march20101.jpg

and then in april[plz ijnored the condy nem, it was gone in the space of a week.... :mellow::huh::angry: ]--

th_nanoreef-april2010-2.jpg

i haven't take any FTS in ages, i got torches, and they are pretty much the only thing in the tank i take pics of now :P

i spent a lot of time looking at the monthly reef profiles before i decided on what kind of scape to go with, and i really liked this one, so i just shortened it and did only one. this one had some infulence on it too.

i just really like the empty space, especailly when i first get something, i can throw it on the sand and wait a while before i decide where to glue it.... ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of trying to imitate a nice scape I saw at the steinhart aquarium, but this tank wasn't tall enough.

Well yours looks good because it's got more smaller rocks, mine is just 2 giant rocks in a corner lol

Yeah, I was thinking of trying to imitate a nice scape I saw at the steinhart aquarium, but this tank wasn't tall enough.

Well yours looks good because it's got more smaller rocks, mine is just 2 giant rocks in a corner lol

i like yours :huh::D-_-

i like yours :huh::D-_-

Haha well thanks :)

I think I might add a branching rock or two, then I guess I'll just leave it like that...it will have macros and stuff growing on it anyways, so you probably won't see much of the rock once it grows out

Haha well thanks :)

I think I might add a branching rock or two, then I guess I'll just leave it like that...it will have macros and stuff growing on it anyways, so you probably won't see much of the rock once it grows out

i wish i could find some branching rock at my lfs, lol :P

do you have any macro yet? i keep looking at that red stuff got2envy has that looks kinda like roses and thinking "cool...i should get some..." :D

i wish i could find some branching rock at my lfs, lol :P

do you have any macro yet? i keep looking at that red stuff got2envy has that looks kinda like roses and thinking "cool...i should get some..." :D

Lol I got it @my LFS for $1.50/lb dry so I filled up a bag and it was like $3 lol

No macros yet, the tank is still cycling I think

Lol I got it @my LFS for $1.50/lb dry so I filled up a bag and it was like $3 lol

No macros yet, the tank is still cycling I think

oh, geez :mellow:

aha. i might have missed it, but do you have fish picked out yet??

Haha I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to look back in this thread :P

2x ocellaris clowns, currently residing in my 55gal

1x Neon goby (it looks like I won't be able to get a trimma)

Haha I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to look back in this thread :P

2x ocellaris clowns, currently residing in my 55gal

1x Neon goby (it looks like I won't be able to get a trimma)

cool. why can't you get a trimma?