SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Ok, but I have better rocks.

Cheap there.

Didn't, but they are still too long. :P

These rocks will be awesome when they are covered in coralline :D

:P

I'm a girl, I can have "long" nails, I don't even consider them long now, you should see some peoples, they have like 1" long nails :eek::scarry: Maybe they murder people at night with those things..

That first pic is shopped

2nd pic looks shopped too

Agreed.

Like this?

nails3dr.jpg

Duh, but still looks cool.

yeah, I saw on tv the lady with the longest nails, they don't look so curly and ugly like that lady's, but it takes 2 and half bottles of nail polish to paint one of her nails

Btw, Kazooie, stop posting random weird pics on this thread! You've done it on like all my other threads, I thought this one was safe. :scarry:<_<

Ooh I like those rocks :D

Get Oyster Feast and John's food.

They are awesome B) I'll probably get another 2-3 small pieces of awesome next week.

Kk :)

Yep, but might have to "accidentally" drop all the stow-aways and every piece of luggage in the dumpster on the way. :lol:

<_<

Anyways, big update today involving the only hot day of our cold summer, over 10 razor blades, broken panes of glass and decisions. :P (coming in a sec once I get pics)

Basically, on the only hot day of this summer, do I get to go swimming? Nooo I have to go stand in line in the hot sun next to a hot parking lot at my new school for maze day for over 2 hours. I have to go back tomorrow for orientation too <_<

Anyways, so when I got home and drank like a gallon of water, I got the 2 empty 10gal tanks and figured out which one to try to de-rim. I brought one in the house and was cutting the silicone, but the rim was still very much in place and didn't want to move. I went back outside and was going to bring the other tank inside to try to de-rim. but noticed that the burning hot sun and heat had actually made the plastic rim pretty soft and flexible, and I started to just "twist" the rim off the glass. Then, my dad thought he could help, and maybe he twisted it wrong or something because then one of the panes cracked. At least I had another empty tank! So I set the other one out in the heat for a few minutes, and twisted the rim off that one(without breaking the glass!). Then, 12 razor blades and a few hours later, I had gotten the silicone off and kinda trimmed the silicone on the inside seals. Could I have done better? yeah, but I was tired and didn't care if it wasn't perfect, no one else would care anyways :P

So, I stole from my 20gal tank and put in saltwater, sand and a piece of LR. I need to get a heater in there though. I have decided to go with no background.

I also decieded to take down my 10g frag tank and use the 1x 65w PC fixture on this tank, for a cleaner look :) I will use hooks and fishing line to hang the light all the way to the ceiling. The frags that are currently in the 10gal have actually just been in there because the ballasts for my 55gal still need to be fixed. It's not really a big deal since any frags that I need to put in a separate tank in the future will probably just be thrown in this tank.

Wow this is a long post....so, here's some pictures!

DSC02946.jpg

Ewww the tank after I took off the rim, needs some cleaning!

DSC02947.jpg

This is actually a turtle I made for my sister a while ago because this used to be her turtle tank.

DSC02950.jpg

Lol I made such a mess

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

Not a very good job, but good enough for me :P

DSC02954.jpg

He wants to go swimming!

• Like 1

Btw, any suggestions on how high to hang the light away from the water? Originally, I didn't plan on that, but now that I am, I would love to have some mangroves :D

I'm so excited to order from reefcleaners lol omgomgomg

Anyways, had to go to orientation today again at my new school, it was BURNING hot today too, but a little cooler than yesterday, the high was 93 I think, yesterday it was 98-100. So I couldn't get much done, plus the water isn't all that clear yet, still pretty cloudy, but you can see the basic shape of the piece of rock in there. SG is a little low at 1.019, I put too much fw in :P

100??

thats nothin!! it was 110 here in the inland empire!!!! it sucked a$$!!!!!!

ive unplugged all my heaters in my tanks!!!!

the tank looks kool by the way!!! lol