SaltCritters.com

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great video.. they look awesome! let's see your babies swimming!

wont be able to til friday. mommas in the room sleeping and camera is in there. dont wanna wake her up. she doesnt wake up friendly.

oh.... ok... Shhhhhh! let mama sleep in peace. we can wait! :)

Today I went out to check the last hatch and most are getting the stripes or have them already. The markings are looking sweet. Its funny with these u can see the white coming in real early. The onyx that I have takes a while for it to come in. They also have a different color to them. Almost a grayish color where the white will be not an orange. Hard to explain but will try and get pics.

Going to play poker tonight after work so won't really see the lil ones today. Hope momma remembers to feed them. Will have to call and remind her a few times.

I picked it up a year ago and it has sooo much information in it but the only thing it wont help you on is actually getting them to spawn. Iv had that be the biggest problem and haven't even been able to use anything in the book yet lol.

So what book tells you how to set that up?

So what book tells you how to set that up?

It actually does you just have to pay close attention to it. Like I said I have read it several times and learn something new each time. Also use my and pickle threads. We have laid a lot of info out here in simple terms. I have condensed 3yrs of trial and error into these 2 threads. A lot of my failures could have been averted if I had threads like this to read. We cover everything in here from soup to nuts as the saying goes. Its not a bible but will help you learn what is needed. I don't have the answer to a magic pill but have had 4 pairs under my care spaun. Not an expert but I feel that its still an accomplishment. I have had my share of bad luck but I have also had my share of good luck. Hey wait that's another tip. Luck always helps.

It actually does you just have to pay close attention to it. Like I said I have read it several times and learn something new each time. Also use my and pickle threads. We have laid a lot of info out here in simple terms. I have condensed 3yrs of trial and error into these 2 threads. A lot of my failures could have been averted if I had threads like this to read. We cover everything in here from soup to nuts as the saying goes. Its not a bible but will help you learn what is needed. I don't have the answer to a magic pill but have had 4 pairs under my care spaun. Not an expert but I feel that its still an accomplishment. I have had my share of bad luck but I have also had my share of good luck. Hey wait that's another tip. Luck always helps.

Right on, will do. Thanks. Probably won't start this up for a few years but it can't hurt to start researching now.

Well if your going to start grab two juveniles and in a year or two when ur ready they might spawn. Lol

or do what i did. i went thru craigslist and local reef clubs and every other reefing site out there and buy a pair that coulld be bigenough to spawn. i got 5 pairs now and 3 of them previously laid before.

tehy are out of the bags so just going to order mkore from another company and then wait for the others to replace the original that was sent wrong

Deadly-Teddly

very very nice. seeing that vid has put a fire under my ass causing me to get my nc12 resetup NOW lol. i love how picassos have the look like they got a helmet on....its friggin adoreable haha.

Amazing color patterns and that solid white is incredable

The last hatch has 2 of them. They are real cool to watch develop. Once they enter meta the turn a grayish color then a few days later the are all white with big pink bellies. Pretty funny.

well yesterday was spauning day and they laid a nice size nest. will get pics of it when they start to change color. lighting is leds so its hard to take pics of them

What percentage of them were picasso, snowflake, platinum pattern?

these were from my first hatch. i only hatched 11 or 12 out and all were marked pretty sick, i lost 4 before i transfered to grow out and another 2 to my own ignorange so now i have the 6 survivors.

the last hatch i had more hatch out. 45 hatched out and 25 survived, out of them i have 3 platiniums 3 or 4 grade a's and a b or 2. stripping is still not complete on them yet

well i get to start the fun all over again tonight. its hatch out day, just worked 13 hours and 2 more getting ready so hope this goes quickly

Archived