Cultivated Reef

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long will he carry them? and how do you hatch them out?

Last time he carried at least 2 to full term. At least that's what I found in the am after he spot them out. Really I don't do anything but play the waiting game with the banggai. He should spot them at roughly 20 days.

you got any pics of your wyoming whites?? i got 2 pairs and wanted to see what sizes you have

I only have one paired with my original breeding occ.

They stopped when I moved them do waiting for them to start

Last time he carried at least 2 to full term. At least that's what I found in the am after he spot them out. Really I don't do anything but play the waiting game with the banggai. He should spot them at roughly 20 days.

Wow... that's a long time to go without eating. Banggai are something I'd like to take a crack at - but not for a while down the road.

pulled 150 to 200 eggs just a few minutes ago and boy my male was trying to jump outta the water to get back in his pot. he was pissed. now lets see if it was worth it. will keep everyone poster.

really stinks that its tonight. inventory in the am and have to work 15 hours tomorrow. only will be working on 4 hours sleep. this is going to be crazy

FishEyeAquaculture

I guess last night was a night of hatching, I pulled a darwin, GSM, and true perc last night.

No fry this morning but eggs were looking good. Yesterday was day 7.......oh sit miss calculated by a day. Los like tonight will be it

bangaii are cool. it would suck to hold a bunch of eggs in your mouth for 20 days and then spit out your kids. i heard they are easier than clowns to raise the fry right? how do you catch them once the dad spits them out?

starting to sound like me.. i cant remember if my clowns laid saturday or sunday now. haha

Came by looking for an update - did you get a hatch out of those eggs?

:ninja::ninja::ninja::happydance::ninja::ninja:

:haha::haha:

dont want to jinx it but i have about 60 to 70 lil ones swimming in a bath of green roti water. now to see if i can get them to survive my lil vacation.

funny thing i was thinking about bringing them with us

60 of them plus my twins, just what i need. my wife wont let me put my ipod in my ears so i think i would have to shoot myself

well there were still some healthy eggs left last night so i decided to move the pot into another tank and see what happens. i awoke this morning and low and behold another 15 or so babies. omgomgomgomgomgomg:happydance::happydance: i have never had a three day hatch out. 3 on first night, about 50 on second night and about 15 on third night. i was amazed the eggs did not get fungused over by the third night but i was also really beating the eggs up with air

Nice!!! I wonder what causes that - Recently I've had some hatches over two nights. I started adjusting diet to see if it makes any difference.

I started feeding cyclops and mysis heavier than ever. The nest was larger compared to normal. And momma is looking bigger than ever already. 5 more days to another hatch out

CONGRATS rrcg50! Keep us posted! Did they already go on the road trip?

not on the road trip yet. may have a friend that is going to watch them for me though. never did it before. my friend that i watch his larvae, was reluctant to watch mine. said his plate was too full. its funny how it was fine for me to watch his but now that i need the favor returned it was a whole ho hmmm speech then he finally agreed. by that time i was like screw it i figure something out myself

Heyy, those shots aren't so bad. :P

If you use the on camera flash, they might show up a little clearer but I'm always afraid of shocking them with the light when they are only a few days old!

Archived