ReefCleaners.org

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are cleaning the eggs in one picture. the eggs are hard to see but they are up on the left hand side. this is only there first spawn and yes thats exactly what i was saying. make me lotsa babies

Cool are you going to try to raise any of the babies?

Yah I've been breeding clowns for about 2 years. I only breed every forth or fifth lay just enough to show friends and family what I can do. Since this pair is what it is, I bought the pair to breed. I was actually thinking of throwing in the towel until I started talking to pickle and he inspired me to get back at it. Low and behold after a year and a half they started laying the other night.

how many will show the markings and how many will be normal occy's? isnt it 1 or 2 per clutch and most of them wont make it threw meta?

reef keeper

Im hopefully going to try to breed snowflakes or picasso sometime I had it all set up to get some from hyperboy but my dog went and hurt his leg.

I believe doni only gets a few per hatch but the genetics for a recessive trait to become dominant are much stronger in f2 then f1 so I expect more that that. This is the first time they have breed for me so I will not find out for about another month or so. The first hatch will feed the tank and after that I will hatch the next three to see where I stand with percentages

Pickle

Maybe we can make a barter in the future. My sno babys for you sno babys

These are not occs they are percs. Simillar but not the same. I am hoping for a lot of picassos and will be exstatic if I get a few snocassos.

Please feel free to ask any questions I love to answer them.

how many will show the markings and how many will be normal occy's? isnt it 1 or 2 per clutch and most of them wont make it threw meta?

Making it through meta has more to do with feeding and water quality than anything else. From as many clutches as I've reared it seems the hatch is the hardest part. Keeping them alive after day 2 is the easy part for me.

Im hopefully going to try to breed snowflakes or picasso sometime I had it all set up to get some from hyperboy but my dog went and hurt his leg.

My pair of tmc snoflakes after three years decided to kill each other. They were beautiful and cost me an arm and a leg. I would recommend not buying the pair for breeding only but to buy them because you will enjoy em'.

reef keeper

Keep us updated on them i really want to see how the babies turn out, I got a picasso about a month ago and it was my first ORA clownfish (which also costed me a pretty penny) with that much white and wow he is cool he's only about and inch though so he's still young and his black is starting to fill in. But their really cool with all the white and black on em.

Keep us updated on them i really want to see how the babies turn out, I got a picasso about a month ago and it was my first ORA clownfish (which also costed me a pretty penny) with that much white and wow he is cool he's only about and inch though so he's still young and his black is starting to fill in. But their really cool with all the white and black on em.

I have a grade a ora named poka. Dot was another snocasso from doni that unfortunately did not make it. Both had orange dots on the sides it was really cool. Now the ora is paired with a b&w.

I really love my ora platinums and sea quest wyoming white. Almost totally white with just a smidge of orange on theior snouts. Really cool

:D

You've got a really good looking pair, looking forward to following your progress.. good luck!

Oh thanks for the compliment. And my fish look good to ;). I love the coloring of the super barring on the clowns. I even like naked clowns. I guess you can say I like odd balls.

following along as well.

if the baby's are reguar piccasso's or even misbared perc's and breed when they are adults could they have snow's because the gene is recessive or does it not work that way.

interesting, i would like to play with some clowns in the future.

Pickle

Maybe we can make a barter in the future. My sno babys for you sno babys

DONE!!! Now I just have to get home and motivate my snowflakes to start pushing out some babys!

following along as well.

if the baby's are reguar piccasso's or even misbared perc's and breed when they are adults could they have snow's because the gene is recessive or does it not work that way.

interesting, i would like to play with some clowns in the future.

Yes there is a chance that the recessive will show as dominant. Just like red hair is a recessive but in some groups shows as a dominant feature from years of "breeding". If I remember my genetics classes its. Xx,xa,xa,aa where aa is 2 recessive traits mixing. Its been a while though so I could be way off.

this is my ora grade a picasso

DSC_0569.jpg

Could you post pics of the platinums? :D

the Picasso looks awesome it's cool he has all that white .

ask and you will receive

DSC_0779.jpg

there chillin in my bc 14

pic will be a year old in august

they now reside in a 70 gal cube and eat out of my hands

DSC_0960.jpg

:o:o wow they are sick and so is the tank :o

thank you very much. its funny that i work harder on that 14 than i do on my 200 gallon breeding system

reef keeper

Just wondering what do you breed in a 200 gallon tank? Just think how many clownfish you could fit in an 200 gal.

its 6 -20 gallon tanks with a 60 gallon sump all plumbed together, has the possibility for another 6-20 gallon tanks to make it a 300 gallon system, i run a reeflo 200 skimmer with upgraded needle wheel rated for about 300 gallons with a med to high biolad.

Archived