Cultivated Reef

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever get in a bind again with the larvae, just let me know. I probably don't live as close as your friend, but they should be able to survive a ride down here. I could babysit for you!

Well tommorrow is reconning day. Man its hard to be this far away. Can't wait to see how they are doing. Maybe less will be more. As of yesterday my friend said he only seen 1 dead. If that's so I'm going away every 2 weeks

well looks like about 40 plus are doing okay. Can't sere the bottom yet so I don't know if there's more yet. Much better than I thought

Well it never fails everytime I go on vacation something happens. Lost one of my babies from the first hatch. I was so concerned about the babies that I did not notice it.

that's pretty funny because I did. gonna be doing some serious fragging in the next couple of days so just hit me up when you want to

you always have some nice videos. i need to get on board with catching my guys in the act and film some clown Pron. or just babies....i just need babies!!!

momma and daddy was hard at work yesterday. love it when you catch them in the act of getting freaky. they definately dont like being watched where as my occellaris could care less when they were in my big tank. funny how they differ

i count 86 fry. i did lose 2 to me being an idiot today but i am suprised at how many are there

NIce!!! I hope with my next O / Snow next week that I pull at least 3 digits - but I would be happy with numbers like yours right now.

could you esplain your setup on your fry tank? i was wondering why you have a bulkhead and an overflow in the middle of the tank. do you have one of those recirc systems that i read about on mofib ?

Right now its not setup as a recirc system. Pumps is on the way though. I was away on vacation for a week so I had to make it easy for my friend to take care of them. Its much easier to drip fresh salt water in and no have to worry about siphoning the tank until I was home. It seems to be working since I only lost 3 so far and I also keep a either screen under the drain so I can collect the rotifers and not waist them. Tonight will be the big test when I sit the lights off for the first time.

also the sides are blacked out all around and when I get the pump the heater will be moved to the sump so the only thingin the tank with be the temp probe.

first snocasso baby is starting to get its stripes. today will be the first day with lights out also. hoping everything goes well

first snocasso baby is starting to get its stripes. today will be the first day with lights out also. hoping everything goes well

How old are they now? About 10 days? I'm just trying to figure out how far away I am from seeing color. Also do you see funky head bands right away? The reason I ask is that a normal clown get's the head band first and then the rest of the stripes develop as they mature. I would think that something that has much more white would show a lot of white or an odd pattern to the head band right away.

How old are they now? About 10 days? I'm just trying to figure out how far away I am from seeing color. Also do you see funky head bands right away? The reason I ask is that a normal clown get's the head band first and then the rest of the stripes develop as they mature. I would think that something that has much more white would show a lot of white or an odd pattern to the head band right away.

its hard to explain but there color overall is different. when they are going to be platiniums there color almost looks a little gray. hardly orange at all. the head bands usually start to form normally but show up with dots near the eyes and that forms the "helemet look". other than that after 3 to four weeks the stripes are in but still will develop more. can easily determine what they will be from that point on

That's really interesting - because that's how I'd describe my fry right now - just a bunch of grey ghosts is what I've been calling them.

Archived