Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Ah thanks. I'll have to do some calcium testing in the upcoming weeks just in case! :). Tank is looking great by the way!

No Problem, hope it helps. Thank you, its getting better and better.

What are u running your alk at Aj?

I've been aiming for 8 dkh, but it got a little low this week to 7.4 and everything looks much happier. I think I'm going to try and shoot for 7.5 as my number. I have always heard when carbon dosing sps likes lower alk, but was scared to go into the 7's.

What are u running your alk at Aj? I've been aiming for 8 dkh, but it got a little low this week to 7.4 and everything looks much happier. I think I'm going to try and shoot for 7.5 as my number. I have always heard when carbon dosing sps likes lower alk, but was scared to go into the 7's.

I hover between 7.3 and 7.5. All seems well there.

Picked up some frags today in London, ON. Two classics. $500 Efflo and finally found an ORA Hawkins, and also got my hands on a piece of RR Pink Floyd. Will post pictures when I have em mounted.

• Like 1

2 great pieces. I love my hawkins and my $500 efflo. The efflo is a oldie but goodie! I was talking to tony at reef raft today and he sent me some pics of some new stuff. Ohhhhhh my ;)

• Like 1

Have you shipped frags to anyone out West? Good lord I love your taste :P

Haven't made any frags yet in this build but would be open to shipping em once I do. Probably gonna still be another 6 months until I start chopping anything up. We will see.

• Like 2

Haven't made any frags yet in this build but would be open to shipping em once I do. Probably gonna still be another 6 months until I start chopping anything up. We will see.

No worries. I was more so wondering what the cost is to ship frags. I suppose overnight shipping would be required for sure. All the nice online places are in Ontario! You lucky bugger.

• Like 1

2 great pieces. I love my hawkins and my $500 efflo. The efflo is a oldie but goodie! I was talking to tony at reef raft today and he sent me some pics of some new stuff. Ohhhhhh my ;)

They are awesome and definitely classics. Interested to see photos of the new stuff down there.

No worries. I was more so wondering what the cost is to ship frags. I suppose overnight shipping would be required for sure. All the nice online places are in Ontario! You lucky bugger.

Yes most places ship overnight not sure on pricing.

Likely part of the reason I got into this hobby years agowas my location in southern Ontario. There has always been an amazing selection around here, unfortunately the shops in the GTA are extremely competitive and constantly undercutting each other. Its a tough market and many places have come and gone. When I first set this new build up, I went on a bit of a "tour" of the shops I used to frequent and the new ones that have cropped up around the GTA. Some really stood out where some others were depressing how run down and under maintained they were.

• Like 1

Updated Coral list on front page. Organized by collector "brand" or whatever you wanna call it. Pretty insane list.

SPS

Reef Raft:

Reef Raft Avengers

Reef Raft Blizzard
Reef Raft Cj’s Pinky
Reef Raft Jawdropper
Reef Raft Kraken
Reef Raft Multicolor Matrix
Reef Raft Nauti Spiral Palawensis
Reef Raft Orange Passion
Reef Raft Peacock
Reef Raft Pearlberry
Reef Raft Pink Floyd
Reef Raft Pretty in Pink
Reef Raft Red Diablo
Reef Raft Strawberry Shortcake
Reef Raft Tierra del Fuego
Reef Raft Wolverine
​ORA:
ORA Bellina Acropora
ORA German Blue Polyp Digi
ORA Hawkins
ORA Orange Setosa
ORA Pearlberry
ORA Red Planet
​Tyree:
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Tyree Red Dragon
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti Cap
Bigshow:
BS Toxic Sarmentosa
BS Ultimate Stag
BS Orange Yellow and Blue Secale
BS Teal and Pink Tip Secale
BS Tricolor Millepora
Other Collectors:
$500 Efflo
Blue Palmers Millipora
Miyagi Tort
Oregon Tort
Sunset Millepora
Wicked Sunrise A. Austera
Generic:
Acropora Desawii
Acropora Granulosa
Blue Green Acropora Vermiculata
Blue Tipped A. Tenius
Green Tipped Acropora Prostrata
Indo Blue Tip Subulata
Neon Green Acropora Aculeus
Pink Tip Millepora
Pink with Yellow tip Acropora
Red Millepora
Teal Acropora Caroliniana
Teal A. Tenius
Yellow/Green Plana
Rainbow Montipora Tubuculosa
Bali purple rim undata
Green Polyp Scroll

PALYS AND ZOAS
Tyree Space Monsters
Giant Paly
Yellow Micro Zoas
Monstropolis Zoa.
Purple Death Paly
Atl. Triple Reds
Magician Paly

MUSHROOMS
Yellow and Green Ricordia
Yellow and Blue Ricordia

• Like 5

Likely part of the reason I got into this hobby years agowas my location in southern Ontario. There has always been an amazing selection around here, unfortunately the shops in the GTA are extremely competitive and constantly undercutting each other. Its a tough market and many places have come and gone. When I first set this new build up, I went on a bit of a "tour" of the shops I used to frequent and the new ones that have cropped up around the GTA. Some really stood out where some others were depressing how run down and under maintained they were.

Well consider yourself very lucky to be in such an area and have the hobby you do! I have a measly 2 LFS that are worth stepping into, and even then the frags are tiny tiny tiny and always browned out. Nothing is labelled correctly, and quite overpriced. It's funny because there is a Big Al's in my area besides those 2 LFS, and they actually have a way better coral selection, nice sized colonies and pretty decent pricing i.e.: $80 for a 4-5" colony VS $40 for a 1" frag. I always try to support LFS and that, but dang, they just aren't doing it right :/

I've ordered from Mad Jelly & Canada Corals, and love their selections.

Man, the fact you have ORA coral in Canada blows my mind. Soooo tough to find. Lovely list :D

Managed to get a few quick shots under 2x Blue + before heading out for the evening.

Couldn't get a shot of the Efflo in focus but here is Pink Floyd and Hawkins

DSC02970.jpg

RR Pink Floyd (Frag was taken from bottom of colony so the corallite structure is very stretched out should become a bit more dense under my light and flow)

DSC02980.jpg

ORA Hawkins

DSC03010.jpg

RR Avengers is encrusting relatively quickly and the polyps are starting to get some red.

DSC02998.jpg

Jawdropper also colouring up nicely and encrusting quickly. Polyps are quickly becoming blue.

DSC03003.jpg

RR Multicolor Matrix... still colouring up not much "multicolour" happening here yet.

• Like 7

Updated Coral list on front page. Organized by collector "brand" or whatever you wanna call it. Pretty insane list.

SPS

Reef Raft:

Reef Raft Avengers

Reef Raft Blizzard
Reef Raft Cj’s Pinky
Reef Raft Jawdropper
Reef Raft Kraken
Reef Raft Multicolor Matrix
Reef Raft Nauti Spiral Palawensis
Reef Raft Orange Passion
Reef Raft Peacock
Reef Raft Pearlberry
Reef Raft Pink Floyd
Reef Raft Pretty in Pink
Reef Raft Red Diablo
Reef Raft Strawberry Shortcake
Reef Raft Tierra del Fuego
Reef Raft Wolverine
​ORA:
ORA Bellina Acropora
ORA German Blue Polyp Digi
ORA Hawkins
ORA Orange Setosa
ORA Pearlberry
ORA Red Planet
​Tyree:
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Tyree Red Dragon
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti Cap
Bigshow:
BS Toxic Sarmentosa
BS Ultimate Stag
BS Orange Yellow and Blue Secale
BS Teal and Pink Tip Secale
BS Tricolor Millepora
Other Collectors:
$500 Efflo
Blue Palmers Millipora
Miyagi Tort
Oregon Tort
Sunset Millepora
Wicked Sunrise A. Austera
Generic:
Acropora Desawii
Acropora Granulosa
Blue Green Acropora Vermiculata
Blue Tipped A. Tenius
Green Tipped Acropora Prostrata
Indo Blue Tip Subulata
Neon Green Acropora Aculeus
Pink Tip Millepora
Pink with Yellow tip Acropora
Red Millepora
Teal Acropora Caroliniana
Teal A. Tenius
Yellow/Green Plana
Rainbow Montipora Tubuculosa
Bali purple rim undata
Green Polyp Scroll

PALYS AND ZOAS

Tyree Space Monsters

Giant Paly

Yellow Micro Zoas

Monstropolis Zoa.

Purple Death Paly

Atl. Triple Reds

Magician Paly

MUSHROOMS

Yellow and Green Ricordia

Yellow and Blue Ricordia

WHENYOULEEVETOWN?!

• Like 5

Aj

Do you have a picture of your avengers when you first got it? I have been wanting a frag for a while and had mentioned it to Tony at reefraft USA. I got my replacement pieces today for my doa's from the live sale. He sent me a little bonus piece and I'm almost 100% sure it's avengers. He had told me he was going to hook me up! Unfortunately it lost almost all the color in shipping, but it has a bit of green and the dark polyps. Growth is spot on with other frags ive seen!

I sent him a message asking, and his reply was he couldn't tell me...lol...just to make sure I treat it right.

• Like 1

Aj

Do you have a picture of your avengers when you first got it? I have been wanting a frag for a while and had mentioned it to Tony at reefraft USA. I got my replacement pieces today for my doa's from the live sale. He sent me a little bonus piece and I'm almost 100% sure it's avengers. He had told me he was going to hook me up! Unfortunately it lost almost all the color in shipping, but it has a bit of green and the dark polyps. Growth is spot on with other frags ive seen!

I sent him a message asking, and his reply was he couldn't tell me...lol...just to make sure I treat it right.

This was day one. Post a picture of yours.

DSC02465.jpg

It's a really bad pic, but here u go. I didn't want to cut the whites back on, but it's got green and the darker polyps. Also has some blue already. The growth is spot on though. It took the shipping rough obviously. Hopefully it bounces back quick!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/]14542880330_506f36130b_b.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/]DSC_0629[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

• Like 1
It's a really bad pic, but here u go. I didn't want to cut the whites back on, but it's got green and the darker polyps. Also has some blue already. The growth is spot on though. It took the shipping rough obviously. Hopefully it bounces back quick! https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/%5D'>https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/]14542880330_506f36130b_b.jpg[/url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/%5DDSC_0629'>https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14542880330/]DSC_0629[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/%5Dtouchofklasse'>https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

Hard to say. You will probably know in a week or so. I hope you are right that would be an amazing hookup. I don't know enough about SPS species however the tips don't really look as round and uniform as Avengers. Keep us posted.

:slap: I'm not a guard kat. :furious: Ima :ninja: Katburgler. I steal Korals.

I thought I'd give you benefit of a doubt. Ha.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen these in stores. Is it a jumper? I refuse to put a mesh or lid on this build.

Anything will jump. Put a lid on your tank! :P

• Like 1