ReefCleaners.org

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

I have so many empty dwarf cerith shells all over the front of my tank in the sandbed. Somebody suggested sifting with a net and I thought that was a great idea but it also caught the snails that were alive.

• Like 1

I have so many empty dwarf cerith shells all over the front of my tank in the sandbed. Somebody suggested sifting with a net and I thought that was a great idea but it also caught the snails that were alive.

Still probably easier to do that and throw the live ones back in.

• Like 1

Took some pictures of the new frags in their spots and some other shots...

DSC02750.jpg

Avengers settling in and encrusting.

DSC02744.jpg

Wicked Sunrise Coloring Up

DSC02740.jpg

New Secale Looking awesome

DSC02837.jpg

Soo many colors in this Mille

DSC02795.jpg

Orange Passion is finally starting to spread

DSC02812.jpg

Wolverine fully encrusted and turning yellow

DSC02743.jpg

Shortcake encrusting

DSC02787.jpg

Red Dragon has grown a lot

DSC02767.jpg

Not sure on species. Looks a little rough after the dip but polyps are out should be ok.

DSC02799.jpg

Another freshly fragged Secale looking happy

• Like 4

Hey AJ, I love the new additions, I was wondering what zeovit additives other than the usual are you using?

Thanks dude!

Currently (If the usual are):

Zeo Lite - 500 ml 90% changed every 7-8 weeks

Zeo Start - 0.12 ml x2 daily

Zeo Bak - 2 drops x2 weekly

I also Dose:

Pohl's Xtra - 1 ml daily

Sponge Power - 2 Drops every other day

PIF - 2 Drops x 3 weekly

CV - 2 Drops x 3 weekly

2 ml Coral Snow + 2 Drops Biomate - x2 weekly

2 Drops Cyano Clean - 1 x weekly

I also Dose Brightwell Potassion and Strontion as needed per tests and am using BRS two part + Mg for trace elements and water chemistry.

• Like 1

AAHC yes, I would invest in it... but I would save the $ on Coral Booster...

Thanks thats good to know. I ordered a new RO-DI unit the other day and also threw in a bottle of AAHC to my shopping cart so thats good.

Here are a few more:

DSC02809.jpg

Hairy Beast

DSC02845.jpg

RR Kraken

DSC02828.jpg

RR Pretty in Pink growth

DSC02797.jpg

RR Peacock

DSC02776.jpg

BS Toxic Sarmentosa

DSC02769.jpg

Oregon Tort

DSC02761.jpg

Neon Green Aculeus

• Like 5

Love the Wolverine. The PE on your SPS is awesome.

Thanks I like the wolverine a lot and it's growing quickly.

PE is likely from full zeovit. It's awesome.

Absolutely gorgeous, I need me some more SPS!...once I get my alk stable.

Thanks I highly reccomend it. Even years ago when I first set up a softie tank with power compact flourescent lights I saw SPS corals and needed to find out what it takes to grow them.

• Like 1

Hey everyone browsing and following. I just was looking through the members aquariums forum and noticed that this thread is now the 4th most viewed thread ever in members Aquariums (Excluding the pinned FTS thread).

Its pretty sweet to come back to this hobby and be able to share it with soo many people. Its been an awesome 6 months getting back into reef keeping, hope this build matures into something amazing.

Anyways thanks to everyone who is awesome on N-R.

• Like 3

This tank deserves to be where it is on the most viewed list. It's a remarkable tank man. Everything's looking amazing. If I had the skillz that you have,I'd be a happy ass man lol.

• Like 1

This tank deserves to be where it is on the most viewed list. It's a remarkable tank man. Everything's looking amazing. If I had the skillz that you have,I'd be a happy ass man lol.

Thanks dude. Means a lot. Only skillz I have are patience and OCD though...

• Like 2

So, after watching Riptide Videos and Nanotopias, flow videos, I have been trying to figure out a way to drastically increase water movement in a shallow cube without ripping around sand, or sucking in air from the surface...

I managed to get something going that I am very happy with.

Currently I have the return line split into 4 streams pointed at random spots around the reef and 2 MP-10s. So I left the one MP10 as is in the centre of the left pane of glass in short pulse creating a wave motion.

However I moved the Second MP10 from being centred between the overflow and the right edge on the back wall. to the furthest possible upper right corner of the back pane of glass. The Pump is as high as it can go without sucking in air, and almost flush with the corner where the back pane and right side glass meet. This outside edge placement in a 3x3 top down footprint creates a whirlpool effect as all the sides are equal.

In reef crest mode, I get a clockwise whirlpool that has the entire body of water swirling at varying speeds, as it gets going the momentum of the water moving continues and is a very efficient way to get things flowing. However because I have the 4 return lines and the centred Short Pulse MP10 on the other side there is a TON of randomization happening with a wave vortex...

This all seems quite complicated to explain in text however the simple explanation is one pump in a top corner of a cubic footprint to swirl the entire body and a second pump to randomize the flow and create back current and undertows.

Will see how growth is affected, as I was noticing frags in heavier flow already growing much quicker, this should sort that out.

• Like 2

I said I wasn't gonna look any more.... but I looked..... Seems I can't find sps I like anymore unless I look in your thread :(

Corals all look amazing man :bowdown:

• Like 1

I said I wasn't gonna look any more.... but I looked..... Seems I can't find sps I like anymore unless I look in your thread :(

Corals all look amazing man :bowdown:

Haha thanks dude. Keep looking! Nothing beats new N-R notifications...

Also... This came in the mail today. Along with a bottle of K-Z Amino Acid High Concentrate.
c1bf1833-5b32-48db-8e02-6ce84c8ac435.jpg
  • Like 6