Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Looking great man. Did a little shopping today as well. Nothing quite as insane as the stuff you guys get but I got given a brown frag of a Heaven and Hell Millepora, if it takes off it might just be insane. :lol:

• Like 1

Looking great man. Did a little shopping today as well. Nothing quite as insane as the stuff you guys get but I got given a brown frag of a Heaven and Hell Millepora, if it takes off it might just be insane. :lol:

Some of the best frags I have owned were sold to me brown.

• Like 4

Headed to a buddies house today. He's tearing down his reef. Which is sad but means free corals. Also plan on picking up a bucket of Red Sea Blue Bucket and changing salts next week.

• Like 4
Reefmaster1996

Nice, I'm planning on switching too, I've always had succes with Red Sea salt, the crystals is just not cutting it for me either.

It was economical to start the new tank, but it's time for me to switch too.

• Like 3
You will both be very happy with the redsea blue!

I hope so. I did my last reef crystals water change today (already had water mixed and ready to go).

First change wjth new salt will be next week. Hoping to see some stability improvements with NSW levels out of the bin and hopefully saying goodbye to the brown grime that is always around in freshly mixed reef crystals.

amazing setup man!

Thankyou.

So I am soon going to run out of my BRS two part supplies and will need to re-up. Considering switching to B-Ionic, anyone have pros and cons (other than price).

• Like 1

I'm using b-ionic with BRS dosers. My Alk consumption is higher than the calcium right now, by about 20%(11ml alk and 8.8ml cal) for some reason. Not sure if that has to do with the solution itself, the dosing pumps, or my tank conditions. Other than that it seems to be working ok, levels are being maintained pretty well. I recommend the premixed (laziness motivated) solution if you are not concerned about price. I bought the non mixed by accident once and dumped some into my reservoir without mixing, not a good situation...

Going away for 4 days this weekend Backcountry Algonquin fishing trip.

I won't be doing anything to the tank or having anyone do any maintenance for me so hopefully everything is in order when I come back.

The system is looking beautiful right now. Everything is growing and is still coloring up beautifully.

My ZeoRoutine seems to be tuned in almost perfectly right now which is nice. Hopefully the four days off doesn't cause any major disruptances.

It's interesting having an sps dominant tank with primarily slow growing rare frags that are all seemingly growing quickly.

Glad to be back in this hobby.

• Like 5

It's gotta be heaven like being able to stare at that masterpiece every day !!!!

Such an amazing set up,sheesh !!!

• Like 1
It's gotta be heaven like being able to stare at that masterpiece every day !!!!

Such an amazing set up,sheesh !!!

Does feel good. Thanks means a lot.

Looking good man!

Cheers. Yours too as usual.

So I did my first wc with Red Sea Blue Bucket. All and all things seemed better. Water was clearer mixing was faster, no sludge left in the bucket.

I have not done any chemistry tests on the system nor did I test the mixed water for levels. I plan on doing that next week. Being away for several days I just wanted to get the water changed ASAP when I got home.

• Like 3
Reefmaster1996

Sweet, I ordered my bucket earlier this week, can't wait to try it out, I did my last crystals water change Tuesday, hopefully the salt will help, I've grown to dislike the way my tank has responded to the regular crytsals.

• Like 1

Can't believe you got the wolverine! If I ever visit you might have to ch k my purse upon exit. :huh:

They look off color, I face the same problem with high end SPS after dipping. They do color up eventually but I wish they would hurry. The yellows held up pretty good though, such a nice collection.

• Like 1

Can't believe you got the wolverine! If I ever visit you might have to ch k my purse upon exit. :huh: They look off color, I face the same problem with high end SPS after dipping. They do color up eventually but I wish they would hurry. The yellows held up pretty good though, such a nice collection.

Haha yea they are coming along now, those photos were on the first or second day of addition so colour has improved dramatically since. I am still not 100% happy with the wolverine colour, but it has improved.

If you ever come to Niagara Area in Canada, you are welcome to stop by.

• Like 1