Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Didn't end up getting to RR. Will be going next weekend I think. Just another weekend water change, and chemistry tests, nothing exciting.

However I did flip around that MP-10 no more white adhesive square...

• Like 1

Took some more underwater shots. A bit of colour change and growth on all of them. What I really notice is the coral tissue's phosphorescence and thickness. They all seem to be very healthy.

I have increased Pohl's Xtra to 0.75 ml/day for this week and will begin using CV this week to see if I can get a bit more colour out of these.

Rest of the ZeoVit dosing has remained fairly consistent with my original regime, still dosing 0.1ml of Start3 x 2 daily.

DSC02096.jpg

Miyagi Tort

DSC02161.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

DSC02104.jpg

RR Strawberry Shortcake

DSC02133.jpg

Tyree Season's Greetings

DSC02169.jpg

Tyree Red Dragon

DSC02089.jpg

Pink Tip Millepora, Not sure Name.

DSC02084.jpg

Yellow Tipped Pink Acro. Tips are finally starting to colour up. This is going to grow into a nice piece.

DSC02093.jpg

Green Prostrata

DSC02086.jpg

Rainbow Monti

DSC02087.jpg

Oregon Tort

DSC02123.jpg

Neon Green Aculeus

DSC02100.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

• Like 12
NanoTopia

Looking good AJ,

I like that Tyree Pink Lemonade :wub: I have a Tyree Pink Jade that I am waiting for it to take off, it has incrusted but only marginal forward growth, About 3" now. Let me know when you start fragging your Lemonade please... me want's :)

• Like 2

A few more.

DSC02151.jpg

BS Toxic Sarmentosa

DSC02095.jpg

FAL Wolverine

DSC02102.jpg

ORA Red Planet

DSC02103.jpg

RR Nauti Spiral

DSC02099.jpg

Teal Carolina

DSC02055.jpg

Wicked Sunrise

DSC02111.jpg

Blizzard

DSC02088.jpg

Teal Acropora

DSC02173.jpg

Blue Tipped Kimbeneesis

DSC02165.jpg

Purple Death Paly

DSC02141.jpg

Reef Raft Avengers

DSC02128.jpg

Purple Tipped Granulosa (Not sure of Name)

DSC02134.jpg

Green Polyp Turbinara

• Like 9
Mr. Microscope

DSC01716.jpg

Those are brilliant! I've only ever seen red ones and green ones. I think they're notorious melters though. My red ones melted pretty fast. Good luck! I hope they hold for you.

Looking good AJ,

I like that Tyree Pink Lemonade :wub: I have a Tyree Pink Jade that I am waiting for it to take off, it has incrusted but only marginal forward growth, About 3" now. Let me know when you start fragging your Lemonade please... me want's :)

I will for sure.

AJ,

Your greens are looking more yellow, have you checked your iron levels?

I have not tested for iron. I just started dosing PIF regularly and will be adding CV this week, up until now I haven't really fed the corals or done anything for coloration, so I plan on seeing how that goes before adding any Iron.

In person there is a significant difference between green and yellow, however its a bit more difficult to tell on camera. I have been trying to tweak white balance and lower contrast to get the images as close to or exactly as perceived in person, but cameras still seem to have tonal limitations.

I also have an old container of Polyp Labs Reef Roids that I could put to use... although its 3 or 4 years old, not sure if this stuff goes bad?

• Like 2
exactlyobp

DSC02096.jpg

Miyagi Tort

Im almost convinced that my Miyagi tort was mislabeled after looking at this.. hmm Yours looks 100x better.

DSC02111.jpg

Blizzard

DSC02141.jpg

Reef Raft Avengers

If i had to choose, these three above are my fav. of all AJ! Keep en coming!!

• Like 1
NanoTopia

I will for sure.

I have not tested for iron. I just started dosing PIF regularly and will be adding CV this week, up until now I haven't really fed the corals or done anything for coloration, so I plan on seeing how that goes before adding any Iron.

In person there is a significant difference between green and yellow, however its a bit more difficult to tell on camera. I have been trying to tweak white balance and lower contrast to get the images as close to or exactly as perceived in person, but cameras still seem to have tonal limitations.

I also have an old container of Polyp Labs Reef Roids that I could put to use... although its 3 or 4 years old, not sure if this stuff goes bad?

I understand AJ, and it's probably the camera as well, I have never been able to get the colour the eye sees in my photo's 100%. Corals look healthy and seem to be doing quite well, keep doing what your doing because it's working :) Changed out my stones today and took a T5 Blue+ bulb out and replaced it with a Coral+. I now have 3 Blue+ and 2 Coral+ and 1 KZ New Gen. over my 20g. Crisp blue/white, see how the corals like it.

• Like 1

I understand AJ, and it's probably the camera as well, I have never been able to get the colour the eye sees in my photo's 100%. Corals look healthy and seem to be doing quite well, keep doing what your doing because it's working :) Changed out my stones today and took a T5 Blue+ bulb out and replaced it with a Coral+. I now have 3 Blue+ and 2 Coral+ and 1 KZ New Gen. over my 20g. Crisp blue/white, see how the corals like it.

Do you dose Iron? I never have before even in past tanks. Always been a bit paranoid about the algae it can bring.

I love the Coral + bulbs but I only have 1 in an 8 bulb unit, my light is very blue.

Last time I changed stones I soaked them in RODI for 24 hours and changed about 85- 90% out. Have you been doing the same each time? I am still unsure if it makes a big difference or not...

Last few shots:

DSC02182.jpg

Sunrise Mille

DSC02180.jpg

Palmers Blue Mille

DSC02155.jpg

Hairy Acro, Not sure what this is anymore I thought it was an ORA Bellini but definitely not.

DSC02115.jpg

Neon Green Plana?

DSC02092.jpg

Acropora Desawii

DSC02085.jpg

Golden Maxima

• Like 4

Keep those sticks rolling in. You can never have to many. Ha ha

Absolutely true.

Holy sticks Acroman !!! Absolutely brilliant specimens man,wow. Kudos to you maneeee !!!!!!

Thanks man. I plan on adding a few more. Actually already thinking about selling some early additions I am just not happy with. I only want the best of the best in this build...

Im almost convinced that my Miyagi tort was mislabeled after looking at this.. hmm Yours looks 100x better.

If i had to choose, these three above are my fav. of all AJ! Keep en coming!!

Thanks good choices. I am still not sure what my favourites are.

NanoTopia

I try to soak the stones for 3 days, removes dust and any PO4. I don't think it is all that important really but it is suggested.

I agree on the iron, I seldom dose it.

What bulb configuration do you run?

• Like 1

Man...so jelly...hope to be there soon!

Are you shopping at reef raft in person? I want to get some stuff, but don't see anything in the webpage.

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

I think my glass algae and sand bed algae are from my high magnessium and iron then, I was dosing the redsea colors program for trace elements, but I may have been overdosing, I will stop dosing it and let you know what happens and see if it is iron/magnessium related.

so how many hours a day you stare at your tank?

Too many according to my girlfriend.

love that maxima. i'm keeping my eye out for another gold one!

It is cool, its too bad it only looks so good top down though.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

It is cool, its too bad it only looks so good top down though.

that's true. mine's brown unless it's top down.... haha but i spend a lot of time looking down into the tank, so it's okay. :P

• Like 1

Man...so jelly...hope to be there soon! Are you shopping at reef raft in person? I want to get some stuff, but don't see anything in the webpage.

I go to reef raft canada in person. He's not open to the public anymore though only wholesale.

• Like 1