ReefCleaners.org

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

I go to reef raft canada in person. He's not open to the public anymore though only wholesale.

I really like that avengers! Would kill to have some. Ohh well guess I'll look around.

• Like 1

I try to soak the stones for 3 days, removes dust and any PO4. I don't think it is all that important really but it is suggested.

I agree on the iron, I seldom dose it.

What bulb configuration do you run?

3 Days eh. I will give that a try next time.

I run 6x Blue +, 1 Coral + and 1 K-Z Fiji Pink

DSC02155.jpg

Looks like it could be a pink vermiculata?

Hmm maybe, I will look at other shots.

aj for the love of god i need some of your sticks.

that sunrise milli and hariy acro= drools

Thanks man, glad you like em. Sometime in the next few months I will be setting a fairly robust frag system plumbed in to grow some things out.

• Like 2

I think my glass algae and sand bed algae are from my high magnessium and iron then, I was dosing the redsea colors program for trace elements, but I may have been overdosing, I will stop dosing it and let you know what happens and see if it is iron/magnessium related.

I am not sure. I assume your problems are nutrient based. I only have 3 fish in here and the system is still in its infancy not much algae or anything growing but its still not 100% stable, so I can imagine your build is a bit more touchy with 7 fish? (not sure how many you have?

that's true. mine's brown unless it's top down.... haha but i spend a lot of time looking down into the tank, so it's okay. :P

This one is a blueish purple from the side so thats not bad I suppose.

I really like that avengers! Would kill to have some. Ohh well guess I'll look around.

Thanks. I hope you can find one!

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

Partly that and my iron and mag levels, lately the tank has been good to me though with more flow, attention and proper params.

Partly that and my iron and mag levels, lately the tank has been good to me though with more flow, attention and proper params.

• Like 1

Good to hear. So I am 100% going to see Jay's stock at RR this weekend! Hope to add a few more hiiiiigh end sticks.

- A.

• Like 2
Good to hear. So I am 100% going to see Jay's stock at RR this weekend! Hope to add a few more hiiiiigh end sticks.

- A.

Jelly. I'm going to world wide corals today. :)

Wish u weren't in canada. I would trade you some dope Wwc stuff for a frag of that avengers.

• Like 1
Reefkid88

You must have it in super good with those guys at RR,sheesh !!! How much do you think you have money wise worth of their frags ?

Alex,you're a local ( to Orlando ) ?! I didn't know that. WWC is down right amazing,every time I go in there I can't help but just drool over their display tanks.

• Like 3
You must have it in super good with those guys at RR,sheesh !!! How much do you think you have money wise worth of their frags ?

Alex,you're a local ( to Orlando ) ?! I didn't know that. WWC is down right amazing,every time I go in there I can't help but just drool over their display tanks.

Yes sir. I'm about 15 min away. Us floridians are spoiled when it comes to this hobby.

• Like 3
Reefkid88

Yes sir. I'm about 15 min away. Us floridians are spoiled when it comes to this hobby.

Oh nice,we really are. We've got some really nice LFS's around us. Especially in the CFL area.

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

If you guys ever make it down here to Tampa, stop at creative aquariums, I work there Friday afternoons and during the week in summer, I'd like to get to know you guys, plus its my favorite lfs in the area, I doubt you guys can find a better lfs in my area, the quality and variety are unbeatable.

Sorry to pollute the thread AJ

• Like 2

Jelly. I'm going to world wide corals today. :) Wish u weren't in canada. I would trade you some dope Wwc stuff for a frag of that avengers.

I wish i could trade or have things shipped from the states too. It would be awesome.

I am not sure how much. I used to shop at RR almost exclusively several years ago so I guess that helps.

If you guys ever make it down here to Tampa, stop at creative aquariums, I work there Friday afternoons and during the week in summer, I'd like to get to know you guys, plus its my favorite lfs in the area, I doubt you guys can find a better lfs in my area, the quality and variety are unbeatable.

Sorry to pollute the thread AJ

I will definitely stop by if I ever come down. No need to apologize I don't mind. Nothing is better than logging onto N-R and having new notifications.

• Like 2

Aj, I'm curious. Other than the kz additives you dose, are you feeding your sps?

I'm just getting in some of my other kz stuff today. I'm hoping to start seeing some color in the next few weeks. I just wondered if people running zeovit still fed their sps.

I've been waiting to dose anything other then to basic 3 while my params get better. My calcium is still a Little high at 440 but everything else in zeovit specs. Picked up some coral vitalizer, coral snow, extra sp, and acro power.

• Like 1

Aj, I'm curious. Other than the kz additives you dose, are you feeding your sps?

I'm just getting in some of my other kz stuff today. I'm hoping to start seeing some color in the next few weeks. I just wondered if people running zeovit still fed their sps.

I've been waiting to dose anything other then to basic 3 while my params get better. My calcium is still a Little high at 440 but everything else in zeovit specs. Picked up some coral vitalizer, coral snow, extra sp, and acro power.

At the moment I am not feeding my corals directly. I actually dosed CV (2 drops) for the first time this morning will see how that goes. I have been dosing Xtra daily for past two weeks as well.

I feed the fish Spectrum pellets almost daily and the tang a small bit of Nori every few days. About once a week I soak the Nori in Selcon. About one time a week I also feed PE mysis soaked in selcon. For now the feeding and the leftovers from the selcon seem to be doing the trick but as the system progresses as a ULNS I assume I will have to supplement.

• Like 1

At the moment I am not feeding my corals directly. I actually dosed CV (2 drops) for the first time this morning will see how that goes. I have been dosing Xtra daily for past two weeks as well.

I feed the fish Spectrum pellets almost daily and the tang a small bit of Nori every few days. About once a week I soak the Nori in Selcon. About one time a week I also feed PE mysis soaked in selcon. For now the feeding and the leftovers from the selcon seem to be doing the trick but as the system progresses as a ULNS I assume I will have to supplement.

Got ya. I also feed pellets daily and frozen every other day. Nori every once in while for the tang, he doesn't go crazy over it. I'll hold off on feeding anything for now. Thanks man!

• Like 1

+1 on that avengers. I'm curious to see how yours colors up. I've heard that it's always brownish at first after it's been fragged and then colors up after it starts to encrust and take off. I have a potential source for a frag but it's still to be determined untill they get me some close up photos.

• Like 2
+1 on that avengers. I'm curious to see how hours colors up. I've heard that it's always brownish at first after it's been fragged and then colors up after it starts to encrust and take off. I have a potential source for a frag but it's still to be determined untill they get me some close up photos.

Dude I'm in orlando too. If u find someone with frags of this let me know! I'm dying for a piece.

• Like 2

For those of you sps heads following along here. What would the next top 5 pieces to add be?

Here's what I have now:

ORA Red Planet Acropora Anthocercis

ORA Bellina Acropora

ORA German Blue Polyp Digitata

ORA Oregon Tort

Reef Raft Blizzard

Reef Raft Strawberry Shortcake

Reef Raft Pearlberry

Reef Raft Avengers

Reef Raft Nauti Spiral

Tyree Red Dragon

Tyree Pink Lemonade

Wicked Sunrise Acro

BS Toxic Sarmentosa

FAL Wolverine

Blue green Acropora Kimbeensis

Neon Green Acropora Aculeus

Teal Acropora Carolina

Acropora Desalwii

Green Tipped Acropora Prostrata

Teal Acropora Tenius?

Yellow Acropora Tenius?

Red and Yellow Tipped Acropora

Blue Tipped Acropora

Acropora Granulosa

Pink Tip Millepora

Sunset Millipora

Blue Palmer's Millepora

Red Millepora

Miyagi Tort

Forest Fire Digitata

Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti Cap

Purple Monti Cap

Rainbow Montipora Tubuculosa

Green Polyp Scroll (Turbinara)

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

AJ just thought i'd stop in and say your recommendation for 0.5mL per day of pohl's is already having noticeable effects!

also, i'm dosing CV at 3 drops per day for 75 ish gallons. do you think that is too much?

• Like 1
AJ just thought i'd stop in and say your recommendation for 0.5mL per day of pohl's is already having noticeable effects!

also, i'm dosing CV at 3 drops per day for 75 ish gallons. do you think that is too much?

It might be a bit much. I only dose CV once a week right now but will likely settle with 3 times a week. 3 drops is ok just maybe not needed soo frequently. Do you have any algae issues?

TheKleinReef

It might be a bit much. I only dose CV once a week right now but will likely settle with 3 times a week. 3 drops is ok just maybe not needed soo frequently. Do you have any algae issues?

no algae issues as of yet. i'm notorious for setting up systems that are too clean, so i thought i should add a tad more just to keep the water a bit dirty. but i'll drop the dosage just to be sure.

• Like 2