Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Tell me more about those yellow zoas... Where did you get them? Do you think they are going to change color at all? Every yellow zoas Ive seen have always changed to a different color.

Well I picked them up from Canada Corals in Toronto. They were sold to me as "yellow micro zoas." Not sure if they have a nickname or where they came from. They are absolutely tiny about 1-2mm across and vivid bright yellow. This photo is from the day I added them but the colour still remains as vibrant or more.

DSC01716.jpg

Looking awesome AJ! Whats your fav SPS nowadays?

I am really interested to see how the Wolverine grows out I also love the Oregon Tort. Those are probably the two favourites in my tank.

As for most desired or favourable, I am hoping for a piece of Reef Raft Orange Passion. Some time soon I will get one...

• Like 4

Damnnnn,it give you PE like that ? That's ridiculous !!

The overall water quality definitely plays the biggest part, but I have noticed some amazing coloration and PE since starting it up.

I gotta get back on my pohls extra dosing. I told my parents (I'm at school) 1ml 2x a week. How much are you dosing?

I am currently only dosing 0.5 ml daily.

Well of course :) there's only so much you can get out of any coral with just water changes,regardless of how big or small they are. I have a nano power package but I'm somewhat on the edge of using it in my tank... 1) because of the overall small size or my tank 2) will it be beneficial 3) finding a good way to dilute my dosage.

• Like 1
Been dosing Pohls Xtra for a week...... Dat Polyp extension.

The bottom right long one is about 1 inch long for scale.

DSC01976.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

Dat polyp extension doe. I hope to have the same soon.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity what temp are you running the tank at?

78 degrees.

I'm only using CV, SP, and pohls. I have far from a full zeovit system. How much do you think would be a good dose to get some (if any) results?

What is your net volume? I started with basically a little less than 1/2 the recommended dosage daily.

Those pics are great!

Thankyou!

• Like 1

The new pics are completely spectacular man! I wish my green milli looked as nice as your sunset.

Thanks dude. Your build is awesome. I hope my corals fill in as nicely.

approximately 70G

I would start with almost the same .5ml maybe a bit more like .6 ml daily and see what happens. As long as your corals are nice and light and you are close if not at ULNS then you shouldn't have a problem. Key is to just start with one additive at a time so you can notice the results and effects of what you tweak.

• Like 2

The PE on that Millepora is just ridiculous. :lol: I have a Blue Millepora which I fragged because those mariculture frags are just too big - one frag is in the DT under LED and the other is in my make shift frag tank (a chamber of my sump) about 5" under a el cheapo 2x24" T5 unit with 2 ATI bulbs. The PE and colour of the frag in the frag tank is so much better, it's rather annoying but interesting none the less. Maybe my LED isn't turned up enough, I guess I should start increasing the power a few % each week and see what happens. fingerscrossed

• Like 2

The PE on that Millepora is just ridiculous. :lol: I have a Blue Millepora which I fragged because those mariculture frags are just too big - one frag is in the DT under LED and the other is in my make shift frag tank (a chamber of my sump) about 5" under a el cheapo 2x24" T5 unit with 2 ATI bulbs. The PE and colour of the frag in the frag tank is so much better, it's rather annoying but interesting none the less. Maybe my LED isn't turned up enough, I guess I should start increasing the power a few % each week and see what happens. fingerscrossed

IMO you still can't beat T5 for SPS color.

Id be interested in your results as I'm planning on maybe trying LEDs on my frag tank.

• Like 2

IMO you still can't beat T5 for SPS color.

Id be interested in your results as I'm planning on maybe trying LEDs on my frag tank.

I'll keep you updated. If the T5s outperform the LED over the next few months as far as colour (especially) and growth goes then I'll probably pick up a 8 bulb ATI. Growth under the Kessil is good, my Secale Acros are growing fast and encrusting like mad, however, the 700mm of my tank is pushing the limits of spread with the Kessil and I'm wanting to add SPS all over the tank (yes I am now addicted, haha), so I might need to rethink at some point. For now I'll start ramping the intensity and see how the corals react.

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

I'm also interested in results comparing the t5 to leds, when I install my new light aj, if I don't get color like you are, since we have almost identical systems, I will switch to t5

• Like 1

Added a few more pieces last night. 3 of 4 are in rough shape but I got them for next to nothing from a couple fellow reefers in an effort to recover them.

They should colour up and grow just fine soon. I have yet to mount most of them as the lights were off and I wanted to find a place for them. I picked up a largish piece Reef Raft Spiral Nauti its a nice big piece and is in perfect health, problem is I am not sure where to put it yet. I found a nice frag of what I think is an ORA German Blue Polyp Digi, its a bit faded so I cannot tell for sure, but it has a yellowish body w/ blue polyps. I also got a tiny almost dead piece of very brittle purple monti cap, not sure where it is from. Lastly I added about 6 or 7 heads of Purple death Palys these were barely opening but I cleaned off and trimmed up the frag plug and hopefully they bounce back. I picked up all of this for 25$ total. Not bad... but will probably take some time to bring em back into form...

• Like 1

Also added 4 Trochus Snails to beef up the snail count.

Currently I have 3 Nassarius Snails, 6 Astrea, and now 4 Trochus, 2 Scarlett Hermits, 6 Blue Legged Hermits, and an Emerald Crab.

I don't think I can add much more to the CUC as there isn't much algae growing except a bit of film on the glass every few days.

• Like 1