Top Shelf Aquatics

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Dat early morning Polyp extension... Sun ambience glows through my blinds this time of year in the morning, its not bright enough to be problematic, but nice enough to add some silhouetting and show off some SPS P.E. Taken with an iPhone 5S

IMG_0637.jpg

Bumping this here as it got buried in last page.

Yeah I wish I had a basement for fish tanks or even a garage for that matter

It is definitely ideal, I am pretty fortunate, and tend to take that for granted. Only downside is I disappear into the basement for extended periods of time and my partner is like "what the hell do you do down there." She doesn't get that looking at skimmers and fine tuning sump filtration is equally interesting as livestock to me, she does however enjoy looking at the tank and checking out things growing so thats a positive.

• Like 3

Nice morning shot. My tank gets a little natural sunlight for about an hour. I like the look of everything waking up with that little bit of sun. It looks cool.

• Like 2
Reefmaster1996

The slight orangish yellow haze does look very natural and cool in the morning, I hope to mimick this with my LEDs hopefully.

But if not the window next to the tank should help nonetheless

• Like 1

Not much to update this week.

I swapped out the ATI Aquablue special bulb for an ATI Coral Plus. The difference is amazing. Corals look way better. The coral plus is a purpleish white light and doesn't wash out the corals as much. Par likely dropped a bit with the switch which is ok because I am fairly confident I was over lighting everything to begin with.

Bulb Array:

• ATI Blue +
  • ATI Blue +
  • ATI Blue +
  • K-Z Fiji Purple
  • ATI Coral +
  • ATI Blue +
  • ATI Blue +
  • ATI Blue +

All sps frags are growing at a noticeable rate and are coloring up significantly. I plan to try and post some before and after shots in a couple weeks.

Still fine tuning ZeoVit routine. I haven't started adding many additional supplements yet as the system is still stabilizing. Dosing: Start, Bak, Sponge power, Zeofood, Coral snow and Bio Mate as well as bright ell potassion and strontion. Will start coral Vitalizer and Pohls Xtra in another couple weeks.

Noticed a bit of diatom growth come and go over past couple weeks, likely due to the addition of the tang and increased feeding. Seems to be balancing out again.

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

Looking good, AJ, we need more corals lol! Can't wait to see it when the coraline takes over those rocks and they get some color

• Like 1

APRIL 2014 FTS

DSC01447.jpg

SPS frags are really colouring up and taking off. I will post some colour comparisons later when I have time. Here are a few shots I just took.

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

• Like 5

Thought I would share this here, big reason I have been out of the hobby for several years was working at my self owned company Fourgrounds.

This week we released a trailer for our first ever feature film. I had the pleasure of fulfilling one of my childhood dreams and career aspirations by co-writing and directing it. Here is a trailer.

Hopefully this offers a bit of an excuse to you all on where I disappeared to for quite some time...

• Like 3
Reefmaster1996

AJ, I'm so jealous of the way your corals are reacting man, what additives other than zeostart3, zeobak, and zeofood are you using, my Sps seem to be coloring back up, but I don't get much polyp extension.

AJ, I'm so jealous of the way your corals are reacting man, what additives other than zeostart3, zeobak, and zeofood are you using, my Sps seem to be coloring back up, but I don't get much polyp extension.

Posted this a few posts ago:

Still fine tuning ZeoVit routine. I haven't started adding many additional supplements yet as the system is still stabilizing. Dosing: Start, Bak, Sponge power, Zeofood, Coral snow and Bio Mate as well as bright ell potassion and strontion. Will start coral Vitalizer and Pohls Xtra in another couple weeks.

Still running the basics with the addition of a few things. The T5s probably have something to do with it and weekly water changes.

you have no idea how much of an inspiration your tank has been to me man. so jealous :P

Thanks.

Nice shots man. There is some potential in those frags for sure. They are going to color up very well. I especially like that granulosa and that Tenius (I think?) second pic for the bottom in your last post.

Thought I would share this here, big reason I have been out of the hobby for several years was working at my self owned company Fourgrounds.

This week we released a trailer for our first ever feature film. I had the pleasure of fulfilling one of my childhood dreams and career aspirations by co-writing and directing it. Here is a trailer.

Hopefully this offers a bit of an excuse to you all on where I disappeared to for quite some time...

I can't wait to see it @ the Santa Barbara Film Festival! :)

Thanks, what salt do you use?

I use Reef Crystals.

Picked up some new frags today haven't placed em yet they're just chilling on the sand bed.

Some awesome, albeit very small (1 - 1.5 inch), SPS frags .

ReefRaft Strawberry Shortcake (Acropora microclados)

ReefRaft Pearlberry

Tyree Pink Lemonade

Tyree Red Dragon

BS Toxic Sarmentosa

and one other I am not sure of.

• Like 2

Pretty sure I'm using same salt, might be the regular kind, can't wait to see the new frags.

I have been using it for years and no complaints.

Frags are mounted on the rocks. They are pretty beat up because they were frag'd from their respective colonies yesterday. I dipped em and super glued them to some rock rubble left em on the sand bed for a few hours and then mounted them into some empty space on the rocks. Hopefully they all make it through the fragging process. Haven't seen the tank yet today with the lights on but looked like polyps were out this morning.

• Like 1

Managed to shoot two of the new frags. Waiting till better PE on some of the other ones before they are worth shooting.

BS Toxic Sarmentosa

DSC01519.jpg

Tyree Red Dragon

DSC01529.jpg

• Like 4
Reefmaster1996

I saw a frag that looked just like the toxic sarmentosa at work, but skinnier, if that makes sense, nice additions.