Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Reefmaster1996

AJ are you only using the one mp 10 for flow, other than the return?

I just got an mp40 to get me some more flow, I have an mp10 on short pulse, and the mp40 on 40% reefcrest, the amount of crap that came out from under and around the rocks is amazing! My sand bed algae vanished as well. Just wanted to share with you incase you were considering getting more flow for the Sps.

Fts is gorgeous by the way.

• Like 1
AJ are you only using the one mp 10 for flow, other than the return?

I just got an mp40 to get me some more flow, I have an mp10 on short pulse, and the mp40 on 40% reefcrest, the amount of crap that came out from under and around the rocks is amazing! My sand bed algae vanished as well. Just wanted to share with you incase you were considering getting more flow for the Sps.

Fts is gorgeous by the way.

Thanks I have 2 mp10s one in back right corner on reef crest about 40% and the one you can see on the right at 60% short pulse making a wave. I can't really go higher than that on either because of the shallow style but they both are quite good at keeping things moving and clean.

I'm glad to hear you are having success. Will look forward to next video.

awesome! a true inspiration! :)

Thankyou.

MAY 2014 FTS

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

You can see the second MP 10 in the back right.

I really like the layout

Thankyou. I'm getting used to it.
  • Like 1

It seemed like a slow start, but this tank has come together so quickly. It looks amazing.

Thanks. It was a slow start but for good reason. As we all know and have heard a million times the patience early on helps in the long run.

• Like 1

Also snapped a couple shots of some of the new frags:

DSC02033.jpg

Faded but already recovering, ORA German Blue Polyp Digi

DSC02031.jpg

Reef Raft Nauti Spiral

• Like 4
Reefmaster1996

Nice frags, like the variety of growth patterns

Nice frags, like the variety of growth patterns

• Like 1
Legendary Corals

Tried to layout a few more "progress type shots" This is all in the past month give or take a few days, some have only been in the system for a couple weeks... Other than the obvious colour changes I am noticing significant thickening up with a ton of polyp growth mid coral rather than just at the tips... I assume the extremely bright ATI fixture is allowing the corals to grow outward instead of upward which will likely make for some great mini colonies..

7.jpeg

6.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Love the progression photos! You can definitely tell that they're improving health and thriving in your tank. If this was some ad for coral food or supplement you would have sold me lol.

• Like 1

Just awesome! I love coming in here seeing your updates.

new corals are awesome aj. nice pickups

Went through a couple of pages of this thread. Considered me subscribed, there's so much information.

Thanks to all of you, glad to have you subscribed... its really cool to come back to this hobby after quite some time and have a community like this to get back into.

Really appreciate all the positive comments. While this system is still in its youth, it looks so far like it should mature into something I am very proud of.

- A.

Aj, I see your running your cord on your MP10 "up and back down" if that makes sense. Why don't you just turn it around so the cord is facing down?

• Like 2

Well your thread is getting better and better. Glad to see more sps nano tanks. But also pushes me to buy more sps. Are you getting a frag of the reef raft orange passion? I have a frag of the sexy corals orange passion. But it would be cool to compare the two.

• Like 1
Sweet Aj! Looking great - will check in to see the pick-ups. :)

Thanks. Actually going next week now. You can be certain there will be pictures.

Aj, I see your running your cord on your MP10 "up and back down" if that makes sense. Why don't you just turn it around so the cord is facing down?

Lol you know I have no idea why. When I first bought the MP10 it was when they first came out years ago and they suggested you hang it like that for safety. So I just did. I guess it would look way less intrusive without the adhesive square and cord dangling. Do most people just run them upside down with no adhesive mount?

Well your thread is getting better and better. Glad to see more sps nano tanks. But also pushes me to buy more sps. Are you getting a frag of the reef raft orange passion? I have a frag of the sexy corals orange passion. But it would be cool to compare the two.

Thanks I love the sticks. I might get an orange passion. Not sure what I will get yet. Definately would be interesting to compare.

Reefmaster1996

Most people including me just run them like this (sorry to add one crappy pic to all the artwork)

post-69045-0-63723300-1399151596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Most people including me just run them like this (sorry to add one crappy pic to all the artwork)

Ha true, I guess I will flip it this weekend and razor off that sticky crap. Then feel my OCD settle down as I can finally mag float smoothly past that spot.

• Like 2
Arkayology

Likely heading to Reef Raft Canada tomorrow for some private SPS shopping. Will update if I get any sweet frags.

Nice!

• Like 2