Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Would you post bigger picks, or a link to bigger pics! :D

Enjoying the progress.

I try not to upload big images to keep the thread loading quickly and not clog up my photo bucket. I figure most people just scroll through here quickly.

Hows this?

DSC02532l.jpg

DSC02509l.jpg

• Like 9

So as this build is now officially in its 6th month I though I would post a few little comparison shots.

Build from planning scribbles to now:

FTS.jpg

PrettyinPink.jpg

Pretty in Pink after 3 weeks

Prostrata.jpg

Prostrata after 3 months

Subulata.jpg

Sibulata after 2 months

• Like 6

Pffft, and I can't get my pink milli or red planet to do anything other than encrust...

BEAUTIFUL.

Hah thanks. Ironically my Red Planet hasn't really done anything for me either still a barely encrusted stupid sideways stick.

DSC_0068_zpse9e4ef04.jpg

That's what I bought labeled as tierra Del fuego. Not the best pic, but pretty accurate color wise. Very small amount of yellow/green at the base. I would agree looks different t then what you have as far as color and corallite structure.

Definitely different, be interesting to see it grow out. I watched Jay at RR frag my piece fresh from a giant colony of TDF, so I know its the real deal. Will see how it progresses.

These corals are looking soo awesome. I can never seem to take decent photos with just the two Blue + bulbs in the ATI sunrise or sunset mode but the coral fluorescence is unbelievable.

Das nice. Will you be making a video?

I will soon yes. But I want to shoot it in 4K with a digital cinema camera from my studio, and to go through all that effort i'd rather wait until things grow out a bit more.

• Like 1

Cheers thanks. Glad to have you following.

:lol: so you just recently took out all your corals and wanted to go mainly SPS? sorry i didnt go through every page in your thread soo fill me in on the details! also i like your choice in color correction for your photos :D

:lol: so you just recently took out all your corals and wanted to go mainly SPS? sorry i didnt go through every page in your thread soo fill me in on the details! also i like your choice in color correction for your photos :D

Thanks. This is actually a fresh rebuild that just happens to be in the same glass box. All the rock was cooked and cured from dry dead reef bones, sand was new etc etc. Similar approach but a few tweaks and an emphasis on high end sticks.

Thanks for the compliments on CC. Not many people have mentioned that and I figured most don't like it. I am going for a lifelike old film look. The low saturation, warmer white balance and very low contrast don't always flatter the corals 100% as this look brings out browns and reds a lot, however I feel it is very accurate to as the eye sees our aquariums. Other than some sharpening and definition, i just lower saturation, tweak white balance, and drop contrast dramatically. Tf the corals look good like this they would look incredible with a high contrast high saturation look to them. Which is cheating IMO.

Thanks. This is actually a fresh rebuild that just happens to be in the same glass box. All the rock was cooked and cured from dry dead reef bones, sand was new etc etc. Similar approach but a few tweaks and an emphasis on high end sticks.

Thanks for the compliments on CC. Not many people have mentioned that and I figured most don't like it. I am going for a lifelike old film look. The low saturation, warmer white balance and very low contrast don't always flatter the corals 100% as this look brings out browns and reds a lot, however I feel it is very accurate to as the eye sees our aquariums. Other than some sharpening and definition, i just lower saturation, tweak white balance, and drop contrast dramatically. Tf the corals look good like this they would look incredible with a high contrast high saturation look to them. Which is cheating IMO.

oh ya i agree i come from a photography and film background so i appreciate it!

• Like 1

Finally found a camera colour balance with only the two Blue + bulbs going that I am happy with.

DSC02615.jpg

Tierra del Fuego

DSC02605.jpg

Peacock

DSC02584.jpg

Toxic Sarmentosa

DSC02653.jpg

Pink Tip Millipora

DSC02672.jpg

Avengers

DSC02659.jpg

Kraken

DSC02654.jpg

Cj's Pinky

DSC02638.jpg

Red Dragon

DSC02621.jpg

FAL Wolverine

DSC02556.jpg

• Like 7

<DROOLING OBSESSIVELY

DSC02659.jpg

Kraken

Is that a true yellow tipped deepwater??? I had one a couple years ago that was a true yellow tip very similar but the entire colony was lost as well as my piece :(

• Like 1

the fact that this thread is so pic heavy makes me very happy!

:D

still looking awesome! can't say it enough.

Thanks. As long as I have a reef setup I will take pictures of it.

<DROOLING OBSESSIVELY

Is that a true yellow tipped deepwater??? I had one a couple years ago that was a true yellow tip very similar but the entire colony was lost as well as my piece :(

It is a yellowy green tipped piece yes, not sure species Jay at RR sold it to me as Kraken it's a really unique piece and growth pattern.

• Like 2

More!

DSC02640.jpg

Pretty in Pink

DSC02630.jpg

Oregon Tort

DSC02620.jpg

Wolverine

DSC02643.jpg

Nauti Spiral

DSC02641.jpg

Orange Passion