inTank Media Baskets

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Interesting, so they responded by giving them less intensity??

Well yes, I believe I was blasting them with too much prior. 8 Bulbs on a very shallow tank with ULNS was causing a bit of lightening and more specifically some of the accent colors being washed out. Since this change a lot of this has come back or brightened.

Here are a few more from last night:

DSC02939.jpg

Pearlberry

DSC02934.jpg

Pink Tipped Mille

DSC02922.jpg

Multicolor Matrix

DSC02917.jpg

Orange Passion finally encrusting more

DSC02905.jpg

Red Diablo

DSC02940.jpg

Sibulata

• Like 7

Not Flickr, but new photos with just 2 ATI Blue + lighting things up.

DSC02896.jpg

Color is really improving since raising the light.

DSC02908.jpg

Jawdropper looking dope.

DSC02921.jpg

Avenger encrusting

DSC02946.jpg

Wicked Sunrise tips are getting very bright.

DSC02941.jpg

Pretty in Pink Really colouring up

DSC02936.jpg

Tierra del Fuego encrusting quickly and colouring up.

DSC02931.jpg

Wolverine has totally encrusted the plug and onto the rock

DSC02948.jpg

Nauti Spiral Growth is awesome

DSC02927.jpg

FAL Wolverine has fully covered the plug and is turning very yellow.

DSC02932.jpg

Maricultured Secale seems to be holding color ok and is already encrusting.

New Page quote, just because. :D

• Like 1

In Other News: My company just posted another sketch video this one is about the World Cup:

If everyone reacted to everyday contact like soccer players do on the field.

Id love if you guys like and share thing thing if you are into it.

• Like 5

Just did my tests tonight. Haven't tested in about 2 weeks. Don't you love when everything is perfect... Stable, dialled in, colourful and growing. All is well in the SPS world right now.

For what its worth, switching to Red Sea Blue bucket has has a phenomenal impact in stability with NSW conditions. Highly recommend to anyone going for ULNS and NSW.

• Like 3

Just did my tests tonight. Haven't tested in about 2 weeks. Don't you love when everything is perfect... Stable, dialled in, colourful and growing. All is well in the SPS world right now.

For what its worth, switching to Red Sea Blue bucket has has a phenomenal impact in stability with NSW conditions. Highly recommend to anyone going for ULNS and NSW.

I will admit RedSea Salt (blue bucket) is very consistent, I switched to KZ Reefers Best Salt to try it out for a few months. so far I am happy but I might go back to RedSea again when the box is finished. Raised my salinity from 34 to 35, too early to tell but corals seem to be looking better. Good to hear all is well with your box of water :)

In Other News: My company just posted another sketch video this one is about the World Cup:

Sooo in other news this video has gotten 800,000k views since I posted it two days ago and its all over the internet. It's great for my Company Fourgrounds (We produced it, I wrote and directed it). Thanks to you here who shared it.

• Like 4

Haha! That's awesome. :lol:

• Like 2

Sps look beyond amazing !!!

Lmaoooo the bar scene and the grocery store scenes were hilarious lol

Dat RR Wolverine.... It looks so good. I wish I could get a frag from you.

Thanks guys. Apex should come sometime midweek this week. I am pretty excited to get that all set up.

• Like 2

So I have installed the Apex and things are all up and running and its relatively programmed at this point. I currently do not have my Lights installed on the unit as I put it in the basement and the lights are upstairs, and my Vortech MP-10s are the old version which I don't think can be controlled by this? Anyone know anything I don't?

Plan is to eventually get a second Apex Powerbar run a USB cable upstairs through the plumbing holes and use that to control the MP-10s and the ATI light.

Overall very happy with the setup. The shop I ordered from in Canada actually messed up and sent me a LAB ORP probe instead of the LAB grade PH probe. This is the 3rd order in a row that they have messed up or something didn't happen smoothly, so after a bit of polite complaining, I suggested they ship me the PH probe and let me keep the ORP as well. They agreed and apologized for everything (which is the first time in all of the mess-ups that they admitted something was wrong and made an offer to fix it with something more than just correcting their error...) This being said I have the PH probe coming today which will have to be calibrated and installed, and I already have the Temp and ORP up and running.

The fact that I got a free ORP probe out of the recurring shipping mess-ups is pretty nice. I am unsure if the gesture will regain my business and keep me as a customer. I owe them at least one more chance, however at the same time I basically had to argue for this gesture and explain to them what in my opinion is customer service... Anyways it's a long story and in the end it worked out nicely.

I also started adding K-Balance and B-Balance to my design regiment. These are not new additions in principle as I was dosing Brightwell Potassion and Strontion, these are just the K-Z equivalent with a little more Zeo "Magic."

• Like 4

Apex is all up and running. Cleaned up my basement wire mess dramatically. Left some space on the board for some upgrades down the line as well.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

• Like 3

That video is awesome...gonna have to show my husband that. It's sooo his type of humor :).

Gonna have to look into the Red Sea blue bucket too. SPS looks great!!!!! This thread is one of my favorite spots for an SPS fix :D.

• Like 2

That video is awesome...gonna have to show my husband that. It's sooo his type of humor :).

Gonna have to look into the Red Sea blue bucket too. SPS looks great!!!!! This thread is one of my favorite spots for an SPS fix :D.

Thanks, let me know what he thinks. It went crazy online over 4 Million views. Great exposure for my production company. The blue bucket is great for NSW conditions. Glad you like the sticks.

I know, I am still considering moving to Canada just for the sps!

Haha. Awesome.

• Like 1

Thought I would post my current ZeoVit Dosing regiment as I have made some tweaks again.

Dosing/Maintenance Schedule

Total NET Water Volume ~55g

Feeding

• NLS Pellets daily
  • PE Mysis Rinsed and Soaked in Selcon (Once in a while)
  • Polyp Labs Reef Roids mixed w/Selcon (Once in a while)

Daily

• 0.15 ml K-Z ZEOStart 2x daily (total of 0.3 ml)
  • 7ml Ca, 3ml Alk, 10 ml Mg (BRS Two Part)
  • 1 ml K-Z Pohls Xtra
  • 2 Drops K-Z Coral Vitalizer

Intermittent

• 2 Drops of K-Z Sponge Power 3-4x weekly
  • 2 Drops of K-Z ZeoBak 2x weekly (Every other day for two weeks after ZeoLite Exchange)
  • 2 Drops of K-Z Potassium Iodide Flouride 3x weekly
  • 2 ml K-Z Coral Snow 2x weekly (once immediately after water change, once midweek)
  • 2 Drops of K-Z BioMate 2x weekly (w/ Coral Snow)
  • 2 ml K-Balance 2x weekly
  • 2 ml B-Balance 2x weekly
  • 2 Drops Amino Acid High Concentrate 1x weekly
  • 2 Drops Cyano Clean 1x weekly

Maintenance

• 10% water change weekly (Vacuum sand bed bi-weekly)
  • Change Filter Floss 2x weekly
  • 250 ml of ESV Activated Carbon in media bag changed every 30 days
  • 500 ml K-Z ZeoLite in Vertex Reactor running 60 g/h change 90% every 6-8 weeks
  • Blast Rocks w/ Turkey Baster (Several times weekly)
  • Like 4

Thanks, let me know what he thinks. It went crazy online over 4 Million views. Great exposure for my production company. The blue bucket is great for NSW conditions. Glad you like the sticks.

He loved it :).

Yeah, I'm thinking I need closer to NSW conditions now that I have a doser. Definitely going to look into that salt.

• Like 1

• 7ml Ca, 3ml Alk, 10 ml Mg (BRS Two Part

Hello AJ,

Do you have the CA and Alk mixed at different concentrations? I always thought that corals took up calc and alk in a close to 1:1 ratio?

I am still dialling in my dosing. After checking the calcium initially and adjusting, I have only tested for alk in order to adjust my dosing of kalk to keep up with day to day consumption.

Wanted to know if I had things wrong :lol:

• Like 1

Hello AJ,

Do you have the CA and Alk mixed at different concentrations? I always thought that corals took up calc and alk in a close to 1:1 ratio?

I am still dialling in my dosing. After checking the calcium initially and adjusting, I have only tested for alk in order to adjust my dosing of kalk to keep up with day to day consumption.

Hey, They could be different as I have since made a fresh batch of ALK Buffer and the CA mix I am using was mixed from my previous build years ago. There is a chance they could be different concentrations, not sure. If anything though Calcium would be a higher concentration if a bit of water evaporated over the years, doubt it though. If this was the case it should be opposite.

I am almost out of Calcium mix and will have to make more so that may level things out. I am not sure why this is the case but when I was dosing 7 ml of each the Alk was rising and calcium would stay the same on a week to week basis.

• Like 1