Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Ok for now. Spoken like a true reef addict :lol:

Soo true. I still have some plans and I definately need to pick up an Apex to replace my RKL sooon!

Everything looks awesome aj

Thanks Hype haven't seen you around this thread in a while thanks for reading!

I am not certain but 99% sure today is the 6 month anniversary of this build. Seems like not to long ago I was literally mixing up salt water and starting to cook some reef bones in my basement deciding to "get back in" over the Christmas holiday.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't really changed much over past week, just watching my coral slowly grow and the system stabilize.

I might add a few more frags in a few weeks, working on tracking down a couple more high end pieces.

• Like 1

GF mentioned how colorful the tank is getting and asked if I added anything new. Awesome sign. Seems past several weeks and I guess the reduction of bioload without the tang has resulted in some very stable and clean water.

I didn't think some of these high end frags could get nicer but they are.

Hoping to get my hands on a frag of "yellow passion" this week.

• Like 2

Heading to BigShow Frags tonight he got a pretty sweet shipment of some really interesting Maricultured stuff, probably only going to get a piece or two.

So Just added 4 frags from Dave over at Big Show Frags

Still on sandbed, not sure on all their names or species type, they are from a maricultured order that just came in. Amazing amazing pieces... waiting on ID's

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02729.jpg
A. Secale

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02731.jpg
Tricolor Mille

• Like 6

So the new frags are mounted and I moved a couple other pieces around. Tried to add some complimentary color placements for a few pieces that were too bunched together in color patterns, I think it actually made a big difference.

The new pieces are amazing can't wait for them to settle in and begin to color up even more.

I ordered a Spectrapure MaxCap 5 Stage RO-DI today. Its a 90GPD-MF 5 stage RODI w/ dual tds, ASO and membrane flush unit. The bees knees in RO/DI. I think my old unit wasn't really cutting it anymore, I could have replaced all the filters and the membrane in my current setup, however Its a VERY old overall unit and I thought it was time for an upgrade.

I have still been getting some diatom growth in my water change water as well as in my tank after water changes, and I think that the RO unit I had just was not cutting it anymore.

Hopefully things will change for the better as I am sick of having to deal with it. I thought changing from Reef Crystals to Red Sea Blue bucket may fix my diatoms in the water change tank problem but not so.

• Like 4

Awesome new pieces. That third one is killer. I will soon have some of that reef raft goodness you got going on! Can't wait for the live sale.

• Like 1

Awesome new pieces. That third one is killer. I will soon have some of that reef raft goodness you got going on! Can't wait for the live sale.

Was looking at that thread, gonna be crazy, too bad Canadians cannot participate, but I guess I can go right to the source at RR Canada...

You have the most insane collection of frags. Can't wait to see them in a few months. :naughtydance:

Thanks. Its crazy filling a build with super rare slow growing SPS... thing is they all grow SLOWWWWW.

Those frags are crazy. Green and yellow coralites with a blue-purple body? I sure hope it holds that color.

I do too. So far things have gotten better colors after a few weeks in this system, so we will see...

• Like 1

I really like your sand...its really clean. Mine has a bunch of shells and crap in it and it looks "dirty" in comparison...Maybe I should get in there and remove a bunch of unsightly crap.

• Like 1

I really like your sand...its really clean. Mine has a bunch of shells and crap in it and it looks "dirty" in comparison...Maybe I should get in there and remove a bunch of unsightly crap.

Thanks, I think it makes a big difference.

I usually hide all the extra shells for CUC, behind the pile of live rock at the back to keep things tidy. The Hermits will find them if they need them. I don't leave any live rock rubble or anything else on the sand, and vacuum it weekly to keep things clean.

I strongly recommend it it makes a big difference. Same idea as when you tidy your room or your house. It just looks less cluttered for the eyes and feels calmer.

• Like 1