Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Finally got a picture of the Vivid's Rainbow (Actually Brown at the moment) and a few other shots.

DSC03105.jpg

Vivid's Rainbow Delight

DSC03075.jpg

Reef Raft Green Plazma

DSC03113.jpg

Reef Raft Peacock

DSC03164.jpg

Reef Raft Red Diablo

DSC03184.jpg

Tyree Mr. Pacman

DSC03082.jpgReef Raft Jawdropper

• Like 6
No I wish though.

This guy on another forum has a gorgeous colony with yellow flesh and pink with blue tipped branches. Every other colony I've seen is the pink and blue. And he knows SPS so I'm confident it isn't mislabeled. Do you know if this coral, like red planet, is different in each tank?

• Like 3

Aj your vivids rainbow doesn't look that bad! Mine looked like that before it started getting color. Atleast it's not all brown, and you have some white base already. Mine started out completely poop brown!

This guy on another forum has a gorgeous colony with yellow flesh and pink with blue tipped branches. Every other colony I've seen is the pink and blue. And he knows SPS so I'm confident it isn't mislabeled. Do you know if this coral, like red planet, is different in each tank?

I've heard it can be, atleast more then the norm. Any sps can look different in any tank, but some do show bigger differences.

• Like 1

Here is a horrible pic, but you can see the purple coming in already. I'm very excited about this piece!

It's gotten a little better now and has fully encrusted the plug. The pic was a few weeks ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14626331499/'>14626331499_2897805843_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14626331499/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

• Like 3

That Jawdropper though,holy hell :happydance: so sexy looking !!! Im going have to check out that show off thread ;)

Here is a horrible pic, but you can see the purple coming in already. I'm very excited about this piece!

It's gotten a little better now and has fully encrusted the plug. The pic was a few weeks ago.

14626331499_2897805843_b.jpg

Untitled by touchofklasse, on Flickr

That frag though,damn. Oh btw I heard you were in Top Shelf today. You get so much love there lol

• Like 2
That Jawdropper though,holy hell :happydance: so sexy looking !!! Im going have to check out that show off thread ;)

That frag though,damn. Oh btw I heard you were in Top Shelf today. You get so much love there lol

Really!??..lol...yea I was in today. They are cool guys!!..I haven't known them all too long, but they have a great team. I'm still pretty new here in orlando, but they have quickly become my go to store.

• Like 1

Really!??..lol...yea I was in today. They are cool guys!!..I haven't known them all too long, but they have a great team. I'm still pretty new here in orlando, but they have quickly become my go to store.

I'll keep it short so we don't clog up AJ's thread. But we were talking about Zeo tanks and they mentioned "Alex B" on NR and I instantly knew lol. I've been going there for about a month and they give me AMAZING deals. Travis and the Indian/Spanish looking dude love me hahaha.

• Like 1

Wow frags look almost identical, except a little bit of color difference. Good to know thanks for posting that.

Jaw dropper is indeed pretty insane. Don't worry about clogging up this thread, I would rather wake up to 15 notifications on N-R then crickets in here.

Mmmmm,that last shot !!! I love the coloration of that thing. How many pieces do you have in total you thing ?

Hahahah,I hear you.

• Like 1

Mmmmm,that last shot !!! I love the coloration of that thing. How many pieces do you have in total you thing ?

Hahahah,I hear you.

I think I have around 50 SPS and 60 Total frags in there... shit just realized how much that is.

You already have a thread dude...

The thread in question will hopefully become something that multiple people are posting in all showing off high end frags and corals. Not meant to be about this tank or these corals solely. Some of my favourite threads to look through on RC or R2R are amalgamation threads where tons of people contribute. Thought I would start one up on N-R

I think I have around 50 SPS and 60 Total frags in there... shit just realized how much that is.

The thread in question will hopefully become something that multiple people are posting in all showing off high end frags and corals. Not meant to be about this tank or these corals solely. Some of my favourite threads to look through on RC or R2R are amalgamation threads where tons of people contribute. Thought I would start one up on N-R

Totally agree, was just making jest at the fact you will likely have the sweetest things there anyway :D

• Like 1

Totally agree, was just making jest at the fact you will likely have the sweetest things there anyway :D

Fair enough. Haha.

While on the topic of sweet corals here are a few more shots from yesterday.

DSC03197.jpg

RR Pink Floyd

DSC03187.jpg

RR Avengers

DSC03171.jpg

Oregon Tort (Jawdropper in BG)

DSC03152.jpg

RR Wolverine

DSC03132.jpg

RR Orange Passion

DSC03141.jpg

Tierra Del Fuego

DSC03150.jpg

A. Secale

DSC03157.jpg

A. Prostrata

DSC03087.jpg

RR Kraken

• Like 8

Dat Wolverine acro = Sick! I have to upgrade lighting so I can get in to those!

It is one of the coolest I have seen. I highly recommend getting into SPS for anyone looking for a super rewarding challenge. Changes the whole hobby quite a bit. I think its a cool natural progression.

Must be not sure on this particular colony but things definately change from system to system.

• Like 1
Reefmaster1996

Hey AJ, glad to see your system is flourishing. If you don't mind, since we have very similar systems at about the same age, can you post your maintnaince and dosing routine, I'm finally getting my tank under control after reducing my bio load, I'm just starting to add coral, and wanted to see what you were doing to keep yours looking so healthy.

• Like 1

Thought I would post my current ZeoVit Dosing regiment as I have made some tweaks again.

Dosing/Maintenance Schedule

Total NET Water Volume ~55g

Feeding

• NLS Pellets daily
  • PE Mysis Rinsed and Soaked in Selcon (Once in a while)
  • Polyp Labs Reef Roids mixed w/Selcon (Once in a while)

Daily

• 0.175 ml K-Z ZEOStart 2x daily (total of 0.35 ml)
  • 7ml Ca, 3ml Alk, 10 ml Mg (BRS Two Part)
  • 1 ml K-Z Pohls Xtra
  • 2 Drops K-Z Coral Vitalizer

Intermittent

• 2 Drops of K-Z Sponge Power 3-4x weekly
  • 2 Drops of K-Z ZeoBak 2x weekly (Every other day for two weeks after ZeoLite Exchange)
  • 2 Drops of K-Z Potassium Iodide Flouride 3x weekly
  • 2 ml K-Z Coral Snow 2x weekly (once immediately after water change, once midweek)
  • 2 Drops of K-Z BioMate 2x weekly (w/ Coral Snow)
  • 2 ml K-Balance 4x weekly
  • 2 ml B-Balance 2x weekly
  • 2 Drops Amino Acid High Concentrate 1x weekly
  • 2 Drops Cyano Clean 1x weekly

Maintenance

• 10% water change weekly (Vacuum sand bed bi-weekly)
  • Change Filter Floss 2x weekly
  • 250 ml of ESV Activated Carbon in media bag changed every 30 days
  • 500 ml K-Z ZeoLite in Vertex Reactor running 60 g/h change 90% every 6-8 weeks
  • Blast Rocks w/ Turkey Baster (Several times weekly)

Hey AJ, glad to see your system is flourishing. If you don't mind, since we have very similar systems at about the same age, can you post your maintnaince and dosing routine, I'm finally getting my tank under control after reducing my bio load, I'm just starting to add coral, and wanted to see what you were doing to keep yours looking so healthy.

Thanks man. Good to hear your build is stabilizing, probably a very smart idea cutting back on the amount of fish swimming around in there.

I posted an updated maintenance routine a few pages back and have copied it above.

Such nice pieces man, I'm so jealous. Love those polyps on the Orange Passion.

Thanks dude, yea the orange passion polyps are getting really bright, its awesome can't wait until it grows more. I think its the slowest grower in my system, that and the Red Planet that is doing nothing really.

Stick city! wow you have a lot of frags this tank will be crazy with a years worth of growth

Thanks! I am hoping it all turns out.

Speaking of growth, here are a few growth shots. As mentioned earlier color is not really 100% where I want it right now. I am in the middle of tweaking lighting height while adding more AAHC CV and Xtra, still looking for the sweet spot, between not having too much light and not darkening the corals too much, nonetheless growth and encrusting differences are going well. Most of these shots are about 1 month of development progress.

O.T. 1 Month

Oregon.jpg

RR. Wolverine 3 Months

wolv.jpg

RR Avengers 1 Month

Aveng.jpg

RR T.D.F. 1 Month

Tierra.jpg

• Like 6