Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

Man, I am so confused. I hear all this talk about how mh's are the best and the color and growth is better than all others, then I click on this thread and you guys say the exact opposite. I don't know what to do.....

Man, I am so confused. I hear all this talk about how mh's are the best and the color and growth is better than all others, then I click on this thread and you guys say the exact opposite. I don't know what to do.....

No, we aren't saying MH is worse; we're just showing the possibilities of using T5s. Even MH bulbs will greatly benefit if you have good reflectors like the lumenarcs.

I have a 6x54w TEK light on my 75g. I grow SPS on the top of the rocks, and have zoas on my sandbed. I even have some montipora near my sandbed that I have not mounted up higher yet because I am waiting for them to acclimate to my light.

I like the T5 light so much that I just got a used 8 x 39w TEK light ($275, but not made anymore) and a used 40b tank ($50) to start a RBTA species tank/farm. I think I will get a pair of maroon clowns in there too just to liven things up. I am going to start the BTAs with only 4 light on all day long, then slowly work up to having all 8 on. I am hoping that frequent feeding will encourage the anemones to split... But I am not afraid to take a knife to them.

dsoz

ok tell me this, will a 8 lamp t5 fixture allow me to keep anything up to 18" deep.

thanks

8 lamp fixture with individual reflectors and good bulbs you could keep anything you want even on like a 24" deep tank

MH will give you good growth and color, esp if you use the right bulbs.

I used MH for a couple of years and liked it.

BUT--

I always had problems with temp swings in my tank due to the amount of heat produced by MH, and now that I have my T5HO fixture I LOVE it and I doubt I'll ever go back to MH.

No temp issues, color of corals POP's more under this light than under Phoenix 14k MH, and I'm seeing growth just as good as and maybe even better than under the MH.

I have the most powerful lighting that man currently can't create for my nano,the sun :D

3 hours of direct sun and your set,but the colors stink from a visual standpoint.

Besides I'm moving from a sunny place in Hawaii to a place where it rains 20 inches a month.

So I bought 10 24'' reflectorless NO T5's 14 watt nova extreme retros for $70 shipped.

I have the most powerful lighting that man currently can't create for my nano,the sun :D

3 hours of direct sun and your set,but the colors stink from a visual standpoint.

Besides I'm moving from a sunny place in Hawaii to a place where it rains 20 inches a month.

So I bought 10 24'' reflectorless NO T5's 14 watt nova extreme retros for $70 shipped.

HMMMM dont know how well those NOT5 will be

I have a 6x54w TEK light on my 75g. I grow SPS on the top of the rocks, and have zoas on my sandbed. I even have some montipora near my sandbed that I have not mounted up higher yet because I am waiting for them to acclimate to my light.

I like the T5 light so much that I just got a used 8 x 39w TEK light ($275, but not made anymore) and a used 40b tank ($50) to start a RBTA species tank/farm. I think I will get a pair of maroon clowns in there too just to liven things up. I am going to start the BTAs with only 4 light on all day long, then slowly work up to having all 8 on. I am hoping that frequent feeding will encourage the anemones to split... But I am not afraid to take a knife to them.

dsoz

send rbta clone

kthxbye

well I ordered my 2 other bulbs lastnight..ATI Aquablue special and ATI Procolor.

So I will have

Blue+

Aquablue

Procolor

Blue+

Once i get it I will post pics on the color

Well for my 120 or 90 I'm going to do T5.

When we actually own a house(6 months i hope!)

I'll be getting a job to pay for the reef,maybe my current internship will turn into a paid job.

well I broke down and got these bulbs for my frag tank, the fixture is a hellolights 24 inch 4 bulb T5

ATI aquablue special x2

ATI blueplus x1

KZ fiji purple x1

if I did my math right my par rating will average alittle over 328 if I did my math correct

do you guys think this combo will promote decent growth for corals in a frag tank

well I broke down and got these bulbs for my frag tank, the fixture is a hellolights 24 inch 4 bulb T5

ATI aquablue special x2

ATI blueplus x1

KZ fiji purple x1

if I did my math right my par rating will average alittle over 328 if I did my math correct

do you guys think this combo will promote decent growth for corals in a frag tank

Depends, what size tank is it?

it is an acrylic 15 gallon kind of like you see at some of the larger chain stores for their display tanks, it is about the same size as a standard 15 gallon aga but with rounded top and bottom edges

sorry my math was wrong I didnt see the par ratings were for a 48 inch bulb my par will be lower but I think this light configuration will look good and do well for growth over this tank, the aqua blue bulbs are considered 12k.

Edited by Sergeant-G
well I ordered my 2 other bulbs lastnight..ATI Aquablue special and ATI Procolor.

So I will have

Blue+

Aquablue

Procolor

Blue+

Once i get it I will post pics on the color

I just got my new SLS tek 6 bulb fixture today. This setup was suggested:

Aquablue

Blue+

Pro Color

Aquablue

Blue+

Blue+

Can't wait to see your picture. Not sure if I should just order or wait to see pics. Another suggestions was:

Blue+

Next Generation

pro color

Marine Glo

Next Generation

Blue+

BTW, for a 90 gallon if interested. :)

Edited by hazmat
I just got my new SLS tek 6 bulb fixture today. This setup was suggested:

Aquablue

Blue+

Pro Color

Aquablue

Blue+

Blue+

Can't wait to see your picture. Not sure if I should just order or wait to see pics. Another suggestions was:

Blue+

Next Generation

pro color

Marine Glo

Next Generation

Blue+

BTW, for a 90 gallon if interested. :)

Personally I would go with the first setup but change the Procolor to a Fiji Purple.

I LOVE my Fiji Purple bulb and plan to have at least 1 in every T5 light configuration I do in the future.

It does an awesome job of bringing out red colors and really making them POP.

Dear knoxvegas--

Go buy T5HO NOW!!!

It is da bomb, da shiznit, whateva...

That's all bye.

You knew I was reading this thread, as u were posting....this reply. Ha, Ha

You knew I was reading this thread, as u were posting....this reply. Ha, Ha

Well Duh! :P

NOW GO BUY ONE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!

Also, get an Avatar N00b!!!