SaltCritters.com

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

Premium Aquatics carrys the bulbs also and is def cheaper that reefgeek. I have ordered bulbs from PA and Aquarium Speciality.

As far as the 3 blue+. Your tank will look very blue. I had 3 blue+ and its def blue. I had the pro color for a while also. I prefer the figi over the procolor. The procolor doesnt have very good PAR ratings compared to the figi purple.

But remember alot of the choices are what different people prefer for their tank to look like. The bulb selection I currently have is not too blue or white and still gives me an average PAR over 300.

Premium Aquatics carrys the bulbs also and is def cheaper that reefgeek. I have ordered bulbs from PA and Aquarium Speciality.

As far as the 3 blue+. Your tank will look very blue. I had 3 blue+ and its def blue. I had the pro color for a while also. I prefer the figi over the procolor. The procolor doesnt have very good PAR ratings compared to the figi purple.

But remember alot of the choices are what different people prefer for their tank to look like. The bulb selection I currently have is not too blue or white and still gives me an average PAR over 300.

look to be the same prices

I just ordered my 2 bulbs from reegeek for 50shipped

aquablue and procolor

ok so ive decided to just go with the icecap 660 ballast with 4 t5ho bulbs since i believe the 660 will overdrive the bulbs to around 40 watts {correct me if im wrong guys please}

that would give me a nice output and i am also going to try and retrofit in either 24 3 watt led's or if i have the space either a 70 or 150 watt halide and do 6 blue led's as moon lights

all of this will be in the stock rsm hood

like i said ill be buying the t5's and retrofitting themm first because i know i want those and can get the growth i want

i dont have to do the halide with the t5's

ok so ive decided to just go with the icecap 660 ballast with 4 t5ho bulbs since i believe the 660 will overdrive the bulbs to around 40 watts {correct me if im wrong guys please}

that would give me a nice output and i am also going to try and retrofit in either 24 3 watt led's or if i have the space either a 70 or 150 watt halide and do 6 blue led's as moon lights

all of this will be in the stock rsm hood

like i said ill be buying the t5's and retrofitting themm first because i know i want those and can get the growth i want

i dont have to do the halide with the t5's

Sounds like a good gameplan.

Sounds like a good gameplan.

I thought so as well

i like the idea of the led's but dont wanna take the time to make all that wiring for 24 seperate pieces plus heatsinks and everything needes

in the end the metal halide would be cheaper than led's anyways and with enough fans the heat shouldnt be a problem

i am curious though if i am right in assuming the ice cap 660 will overdrive the 24 watt ho t5's to around 40 watts

I know i will have to change them a bit more ogten but i dont mind

so i got my Aquable special and ProColor

so my combo is

Blue+

pro color

Aquablue

Blue+

KH5V0321.jpg

Not sure if I am really digging it..Its alot more of a redish then I was expecting. I was hoping it wasnt going to be as pink as the fiji purple but reminds me alot like it...:( Bummer

So... would a 36" 4 bulb fixture do well over a 48" 75 gallon? I believe is the Nova Extreme Pro, but may just be a Nova Extreme. Planning on keeping softies and LPS only. (With maybe a high placed clam).

So... would a 36" 4 bulb fixture do well over a 48" 75 gallon? I believe is the Nova Extreme Pro, but may just be a Nova Extreme. Planning on keeping softies and LPS only. (With maybe a high placed clam).

the four bulb is just the regular nova extreme, the pro is 6. i've got a customer growing softies and even a few baby BTA's in a 55 under the 36" 2 bulb nova extreme, and that's without the individual reflectors and stock bulbs. so if you had the new SLR fixture with brand name bulbs, it shouldn't be a problem at all for you.

the four bulb is just the regular nova extreme, the pro is 6. i've got a customer growing softies and even a few baby BTA's in a 55 under the 36" 2 bulb nova extreme, and that's without the individual reflectors and stock bulbs. so if you had the new SLR fixture with brand name bulbs, it shouldn't be a problem at all for you.

Good to know.

I'll know for sure on Monday or Tuesday when I pick up if it's a 4 bulb or 6 bulb setup.

so i got my Aquable special and ProColor

so my combo is

Blue+

pro color

Aquablue

Blue+

KH5V0321.jpg

Not sure if I am really digging it..Its alot more of a redish then I was expecting. I was hoping it wasnt going to be as pink as the fiji purple but reminds me alot like it...:( Bummer

To me it looks pretty blue. I don't see as much red but I'm sure it looks different in person. I ended up ordering:

Aquablue

Blue +

Pro Color

Aquablue

Blue +

Blue +

It's so hard to know what to order. And everyone has a different opinion. There was a tank picture on RC thread that I liked. Asked what would give me that same result. Plus I PM'd the person whose tank it was. Got 2 completely different answers! AHHHH! Guess you just have to play with combinations and see what works best. Looks like I might be putting another order in for bulbs :(

i almost have the same bulb combo. Dont put the blue+ together. I would suggest.

front

blue+

aquablue

procolor

blue+

aquablue

blue+

back

Sounds good. Do you have a picture of your tank? I would love to see the combo. I think Grimm gave me that combo and put the 2 Blue + together. Made me a little worried it might be too blue.

Thx.

Sounds good. Do you have a picture of your tank? I would love to see the combo. I think Grimm gave me that combo and put the 2 Blue + together. Made me a little worried it might be too blue.

Thx.

yours will have MUCH less of a pink hue due to more bulbs with blue. My pic is pretty sccurate to color..I am probably going to swap it out for a Aquascience 15k bulb..But they are actually run in a 12k color kinda look like the aquabluesepcial

well here is with the Procolor

KH5V0321.jpg

and here is with my TRU 10k

KH5V0331.jpg

I am thinking I mght keep the 10K in there...to me it looks better

Edited by 05XRunner

My lamps in a Current Nova Extreme (SLR style).

(L/R): Current 460, UVL Aquasun, UVL Super Actinic, Current 460

3279977948_b5620b3c26.jpg

And the tank with those lamps:

3279975292_36c197ae4a.jpg

I'm not a fan of a ton of blue in the full spectrum. Just a touch is my fav.

My lamps in a Current Nova Extreme (SLR style).

(L/R): Current 460, UVL Aquasun, UVL Super Actinic, Current 460

3279977948_b5620b3c26.jpg

And the tank with those lamps:

3279975292_36c197ae4a.jpg

I'm not a fan of a ton of blue in the full spectrum. Just a touch is my fav.

Personally to many actinic..you really loosing out on PAR with that many actinics. Id dump those Current bulbs for some ATI Blue +...Most likely double your PAR and look better to

Edited by 05XRunner
TriggerHappyDude
Yeah, the ATI site recommends having 4 other bulbs for each pro color bulb, so that could be what happened.

lakshwadeep/masterbuilder,

I was told you two would have deep knowledge of what T5 color combonations would produce a nice "crisp" white light color, I'm considering the purchase of a 24" ATI Powermodule for my Solana tank.

I've read and been told the T5 lights won't have the shimmer like MH HQI lights do, but I'm not sure I know what that looks like, does anyone have any examples of a nice crisp white light with and without the shimmer?

I really love the look of the hanging ATI Powermodule fixture above the rimless tank, its clean, modern, uber cool. Which is my goal of this tank, along with learning the reef system itself. Thanks.

TriggerHappyDude
take a look into the new ATI Sunpower fixtures..they look just as nice and since they are not modular they cost alot less then the Powermoduals. ReefGeek has them just not listed on the site.

http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=125,0,0,1,0,0

Yeah, I've seen those, and they are pretty cool, but something about the shape of the Powermodule grabs me and is just not letting me go. The Sunpowers are still cool in their own right. But for some reason, I'm still more drawn to the Powermodules. The Sunpower price is a LOT better, but the Powermodule is just a bad ass fixture.

Edited by TriggerHappyDude