Coral Vue Hydros

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Ocho Cinco
You suck! Hey, if you set it up can i buy you a trio of anthias since my dad won't let me buy him some? And no not borbs just plain ol' lyerytails.

You can buy me some!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
ok, ima set it up in mats room

You sould set it up as a fw and get a peacock bass! I could catch tilapia for ya to feed him! :lol:

Nick's Reef

Well over the past few weeks I've added a few new things, I got some purple and green aussie micros, and an indo acan lord frag from lilredneckman. Today i also bought a neon green rock nem. I'll post pics later on when the nem is done aclimating. :D

Nick's Reef

Fts

P4040078.jpg

Rock Nem

P4050079.jpg

Indo Acan

P4050080.jpg

Micro

P4050081.jpg

Duncan

P4050084.jpg

Note: All pics but the fts and duncan were taken w/flash.

Nick's Reef

Well i went to feed the fish and two of my aussie acans were knocke over, I fixed that and noticed the rock the nem was on was moved. I picked up the rock and the nem had moved off it and attached to the bottom of the tank. i gently pryed it off with a credit card and shoved it into a crevice on the bottom, hopefully it will take hold on the rock. Luckily I didn't damage the foot at all. :)

Nick's Reef
What's up with that Indo Acan? What exactly is a Rock nem? I've never seen anything like it.

Nothings wrong with the acan cept it wasn't fully inflated. A rock nem is a type of carribean anemone that is often called a flower anemone. I've seen some really cool ones and one of the lfs has a bright red one in their display tank that is huge! But green is a common color.

Nick's Reef

Well i just got done doing a TON of maintaince on the tank, i had to scrape the glass of algae (It was way overdue), change the chemipure and purigen, change the filterfloss, blow all the detrius off the rocks, clean the pumps, change the water and clean the outside of the glass with windex. it's such a pita, but it's all part of keeping a reef tank. :D

Nick's Reef

Well i got bored and made a zoa frag rock, it has 4 different morphs on it and a piece of codium and halimeda on it that i got from the other tanks in the house. I think that 2 of the morph might die since it was very difficult to get a clen cut on them and only got 1 polyp of each. I also pulled out a big 8" fireworm and took a pic of him (will post it when the zoos open up for a pic) and dicided to kill him and dosed enough alk supplement for a 200gal.+ tank into a TOM'S dip n' pour. He sriveled up and shot off a bunch of spines! I hate bristle and fireworms so it was fun to watch. Btw I caught him when he was eating a nass snail! :o

Nick's Reef

Well Ihad to run some errands this morning and decided to syop by the lfs. i had been wanting a colorful and active fish for awhile and they had a sunburst anthias that was eating flake food. i couldn't pass him up so i brought him home. i'll have pics of the zoa rock zat about 5:00pm, i had to turn the lights off to aclimate the anthias so everything is pissed.

Sunburst Anthias

P4100089.jpg

Fireworm

P4090088.jpg

edit: sorry for the blurry pics!

Nick's Reef
I thought anthias's need or should be kept in groups.

The should, but Sunbursts are a solitary anthias and can't be with others of their species unless a harem(1 male and 2 or more females.) I have heard of someone keeping a harem in a nc24 for breeding perposes but they ended up beating the crap out of eachother(Yes they were a true harem, males are pinkish and femals more orange). My point is Sunburts are best kept singly in a nano and a harem only in a 100gal.+.

The should, but Sunbursts are a solitary anthias and can't be with others of their species unless a harem(1 male and 2 or more females.) I have heard of someone keeping a harem in a nc24 for breeding perposes but they ended up beating the crap out of eachother(Yes they were a true harem, males are pinkish and femals more orange). My point is Sunburts are best kept singly in a nano and a harem only in a 100gal.+.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Nick's Reef

Well the anthias is eating cyclopeeze, I might get some sweetwater zooplankton and see if he'll eat that cause he seems to like small foods. :D

Nick's Reef
That sunburst looks cool, same with the duncan.

Thanks!

Today, I added a few stalks of xenia that was growing on some halimedia in my dad's tank and glued it to the back wall. I also put the trumpet back into my tank (it was in my dad's tank) and used StevieT's of useing Aquamed and super glue gel to attach it onto the rock covering the Yasha's burrow. As for the anthias he's becoming more tolerant of movement infront of the tank and hovers in the open the darts behind the rocks whenhe sees me. He has alos started to eat PE mysis soaked in Vita-Chem and hopefully will soon accept New Life Spectrum Marine Formula pellets.

Edit: spelling

Thanks!

Today, I added a few stalks of xenia that was growing on some halimedia in my dad's tank and glued it to the back wall. I also put the trumpet back into my tank (it was in my dad's tank) and used StevieT's of useing Aquamed and super glue gel to attach it onto the rock covering the Yasha's burrow. As for the anthias he's becoming more tolerant of movement infront of the tank and hovers in the open the darts behind the rocks whenhe sees me. He has alos started to eat PE mysis soaked in Vita-Chem and hopefully will soon accept New Life Spectrum Marine Formula pellets.

Edit: spelling

Sunburst is a sweet fish bro... If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for him?

Nick's Reef
Sunburst is a sweet fish bro... If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for him?

Thanks, I payed $49 plus tax.

Thats good that he's eating, I had heard that it was hard to get them to eat (or maybe it was a different anthias).

Hey have you had any problems with you AP leaking? I just had to take one of mine down because I found half the water on the basement floor.....

Yeah, they are kinda picky at first, but the lfs had had him for almost a week and had weaned him onto Omega flakes. As for my tank leaking, it never has. All the seams and silicon are flawless. the only problem with it are the hinges and the fans. Both are very poor quality and break very easily.

Nick's Reef

Well since last week i've had this really nasty golden brown algae on my sand, i thought it was due to needing new chemical media but since i've changed it it hadn't gotten better. I just did a 4gal. water change and siphoned it up. i aslo added 2 scarlet hermits that have had a feast on the stuff and you can see hermit poop all over where the algae was. hopefully I can get a few more hermits and it won't come back!

Nick's Reef
Nice... My LFS wanted 80.00!!!

Holy crap! I went to the lfs to get water yester day and the had a pair of them. i don't know how much they were tho.

Nick's Reef

Well it has been awhile since I've posted pics of the whole tank and have added a few things, so here are some pics from this morning.

Fts 6/23/08

P4160104.jpg

Pulsing Xenia

P4160107.jpg

Organism Palythoas

P4160108.jpg

Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish

P4160109.jpg

P4160110.jpg

Yasha and Randall's Pistol Shrimp

P4160111.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Yasha

P4160113.jpg

Flower Anemone

P4160114.jpg

This thing is really anoying, a small ricordea that lilredneckman gave me fell into it and half melted away. then my really big orange and blueish gary one almost got stung because the aneomone move over a few inches to the right.

Aussie Lord

P4160115.jpg

Blastomussa Merletti

P4160116.jpg

This thing seems to really like where it is and grows pretty fast, it started out as 5 heads and now has almost totally encrusted the frag plug. i also feed it some mysis or cyclopeeze along with my other lps so that may have to do with it's rate of growth.

Duncan

P4160117.jpg

If only it's heads would grow longer stalks quicker! it has like 8 heads now but none are fragable do to the fact that the stalks are so short. hopefully in another month I can frag atleast two heads so i can finally make some money off it.

Trumpet

P4160119.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp

P4160120.jpg

Indo Lord and Ricordea

P4160121.jpg

Micromussa

P4160122.jpg

It's really doing good and has regrown almost half or what was dead when purchased and has grown about 3 new babies.

Enjoy the pics and thaks for looking! :D

Nick's Reef
Tanks looking sweet and the micro is looking better! How did you attach the xenia on the back like that?

Thanks! The xenia was growing onto some macroalgae in my dad's tank and I just snipped off a piece of the macro and glued it to the back. :D

Archived