Coral Vue Hydros

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef

Well i called the lfs today and the guy that works there (Whom I know very well as with the owner) said he'd get a Geo if it's on either of his suppliers lists (They've got one place that provides their aquacultured corals and "Rarer" fish and a local wholesaler). So hopefully on Thursday they'll get one in. Also, nickxp PLEASE STOP HIJAKING MY THREAD, MAKE YOUR OWN. THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
Oh, I thought this was called Nickxp 24 Gallon Aquapod. Maybe you should change the name!!!

Hey idiot it's Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod!!!!!!!! Mabye you should learn to read! :P

noobofreefs
Also, nickxp PLEASE STOP HIJAKING MY THREAD, MAKE YOUR OWN. THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING.

Yeah, I had a couple people hijack my thread for a little while, just talking about random junk for like 1 page. It gets very annoying. I don't see why people can't just make they're own stupid threads...

Nick's Reef

Well I went to the lfs and they hadn't gotten their shippment in yet. But they did get the Geometric Hawk and i will pick him up this weekend. But they did a pair of Blotched Anthias that were just amazing1 They had great personalities and I wish I had the $$$$ for them ($320 for the pair). Also lilredneckman came over and we fragged some stuff. I'll have pics of the frags up soon. Lilredneckman got some nice stuff at the lfs so look for an update from him soon! :D

You guys love fragging. I wish I had big enough stuff to frag. Someday I will. I'm not familiar with that fish you planning on getting. I'll habe to look it up.

Nick's Reef
You guys love fragging. I wish I had big enough stuff to frag. Someday I will. I'm not familiar with that fish you planning on getting. I'll habe to look it up.

it's actually an anthias not a hawkfish, the best info I've found on them was from liveaquaria. Also I think I posted this before but I'm trading in my pair of clowns for the Geo.

Nick's Reef
What your not getting a hawk now?

No no no!!!!!! It's called a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish but it's actually an anthias not a hawk. They look and act like hawks but are closely related to anthias. Just look at Spanko's avatar, it's that fish. :D

Nick's Reef

Well sorry for the lack of updates! There hasn't been much going on with the tank lately. Everything is fine and my Stomatella snails spawned this morning and the fish and corals had a feast. The trumpet is doing well since I've fragged it and the frag is starting to regrow tissue (fell in to blastos). I will be picking up the Geometric Pygmy Hawk tomorrow afternoon and will post pics of it when I get it. I've also gotten some more money and may pick up some zoos or some other cheap corals. Also I'll hopefully go to the fish store south of me (Fishes of Eden) since they get their huge Aussie shippment in this week and see if there's any nice lords or palys.

Nick's Reef

Well I called the lfs to make shure that they indeed had a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish and to my dissapointment the little fella did not come in their last shippment. So hopefully one will come in this week.

Nick's Reef

Well still no luck with the Geo, the lfs had some very nice Ultra Grade aussie acans but were way out of my price range. Was going to get a nice zoo frag but held off. I may got to another lfs tomorrow and mabye they'll have some nice frags.

Nick's Reef

Well I went to the other lfs and almost got some Armor Of God palys but $25 for two polyps was a bit much, I did pick up 11lbs. of some of the nicest base rock I've ever seen. I'm going to cycle it and then add it to my tank. I really need to rescape so i open up more room and make it more stable (losts of corals keep getting knocked down).

Nick's Reef

Well I'm totally pissed at the moment!!!!! The tank was overheating so I got an mj900 which works great except that it pushes less water than the stock pump leaving more water in the back and less in the display. Then my cespitulaia wasn't doing to weel because xenia have a very low tolerence of temps over 80. I did a fw and iodine dip on it to remove any pest that might have been eating the dieing xenia. It was immediatly doing better until i came home from petsupermarket with the mj900 to find it sliming over with brown crap and a hermit eating the stalks1 Yes the scarlet hermit had a piece of the stalk in it's mouth!!!! :o So I quickly shooed the hermit away and grabed all my hermits dumpped em' in my dad's tank and set the xenia in my mom's tank to see if it'd recover (xenia just thrives in her tank so I felt like it'd be better in there). So I probably lost my $35 frag of blue xenia that i loved and was about to make a new stalk now it's down to a bump with bumps on it. :tears:

Ocho Cinco

Sorry to hear about the coral. You should have tried the pump I got for my ap. It is very low wattage and has more flow then the stock pump and mj.

Weetabix7
Well I'm totally pissed at the moment!!!!! The tank was overheating so I got an mj900 which works great except that it pushes less water than the stock pump leaving more water in the back and less in the display. Then my cespitulaia wasn't doing to weel because xenia have a very low tolerence of temps over 80. I did a fw and iodine dip on it to remove any pest that might have been eating the dieing xenia. It was immediatly doing better until i came home from petsupermarket with the mj900 to find it sliming over with brown crap and a hermit eating the stalks1 Yes the scarlet hermit had a piece of the stalk in it's mouth!!!! :o So I quickly shooed the hermit away and grabed all my hermits dumpped em' in my dad's tank and set the xenia in my mom's tank to see if it'd recover (xenia just thrives in her tank so I felt like it'd be better in there). So I probably lost my $35 frag of blue xenia that i loved and was about to make a new stalk now it's down to a bump with bumps on it. :tears:

If there's any flesh at all left, it will probably regrow, so there's still hope!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Archived