Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

UPDATE!!!!!

Well today I got bored and decided to test my water, so here are the results:

Cal:500ppm (I'm using a natu reef test kit and it isn't the best, going to buy an api for cal)

ph:7.8 (always tests out low)

Alk:not tested (need an Alk test kit)

Mg: not tested (need an mg test kit)

Nitrate:0ppm

Nitrite:0ppm

Ammonia:0ppm

If anyone could recomend a decent cal, alk, and mg test kit that would be great! :D I'm leaning towards api for cal and alk, and an elos for mg.

Ok now to the tank, everything is doing GREAT! I've moved one one of the aussie lords to the sand and it is getting so puffy and it's feeders are out alot (I need to feed it). the new zoos are just insane, they're the brightest candy apple pinks I've ever seen, and best of all they are aquacultured by the LFS owner out of his 125 mixed reef. i've got no pics because they're really hard to get a good pic of to show the CrAzY colors!1 :D

Nick's Reef
If anyone could recomend a decent cal, alk, and mg test kit that would be great! :D I'm leaning towards api for cal and alk, and an elos for mg.

???????

Nick's Reef
Not sure I was also going to get an API set for Cal.

I think that's what I'm going to get anyway, most people on here use that so I guess it's pretty good. Now I just need some input on mg, i've heard good things about Salifert from local reefers so i'll add it to the list.

I use API for Ca, Seachem for Alk, and Seachem for Mg as well.

The first 2 I like fine.

The Seachem Mg test seems accurate enough but is very time consuming and annoying to use.

Nick's Reef
I use API for Ca, Seachem for Alk, and Seachem for Mg as well.

The first 2 I like fine.

The Seachem Mg test seems accurate enough but is very time consuming and annoying to use.

Thnx weetie, i'll take your word for the test kits as i can get all of them at my lfs and get all three for less than one salifert or elos! As for the Mg being time consuming, I'm used to that my current Cal kit takes like 10mins. just to put the (misspled) titratior in and I always lose count of the drops!!!!!

Nick's Reef

Well as everyone knows the photo contest theme is Gobies, Dragonettes, and Blennies. and I just have to enter a pic of my Yashas! :D So here are a few pics that I liked and I'm going to set up a poll.

P1250062.jpg

P1250063.jpg

P1250064.jpg

P1250065.jpg

Nick's Reef
#4 absolutely! :D

#4 FTW bro!!

Yeah, I voted for #4 myself! :D

They all look the same, besides 4 has the shrimp in it.

#1 has the shrimp too!

Nick's Reef

I have the worst luck with zoos!!! :angry: Thoses awesome yellow ones on the branch rock were fine yeterday and today half were all rotted and about to fall off. I took the whole rock and dipped it in ro and iodine and most of the fungus/zoapox came off. i think i'm done with buying zoos for a while.

Nick's Reef

Well i dipped all my zoos that weren't attached to thr rocks in iodine and ro. While i was waiting i screwed around with the rocks and changed the scape a bit. With doing so i opened up room for more corals and some more rock. So as soon as I find the perfect rock it will change yet again. i'll have pics up when everything stops being pissed. :D

Nick's Reef

Well my tank officially pisses me off!!!!! :angry: It has overheated the last two days, but today it got up to 85! I went into panic mode and turned off all the lights, lowered the house temp and turned my fan on high. it only brought it down to 83.5, still too high. So i made a cover for the opening for the feeder lid out of mesh i had left from when we had a pond so far since I've put it on (10min) the temp has dropped to 83.2. So hopefully this will keep the temp under control.

Nick's Reef

Well my mesh cover has dropped the temp to 80. Also today was my mom's b-day and my grandparents came ove. I used my grandfathers digital slr camera and got some awesome shots! He's going to e-mail me the pics and as soon as I get them I'll post em'! :D

lilredneckman
Well my mesh cover has dropped the temp to 80. Also today was my mom's b-day and my grandparents came ove. I used my grandfathers digital slr camera and got some awesome shots! He's going to e-mail me the pics and as soon as I get them I'll post em'! :D

Cant wait too see! I also just took some decent shots with my camera and am uploading them right now.

Nick's Reef
Cant wait too see! I also just took some decent shots with my camera and am uploading them right now.

I'm going to check that out!

Are you still running the stock pump? Remember my tank was overheating and that was my problem.

yes, I'm going to replace it with a mj1200 when I rember to get one when i go to the lfs!

Nick's Reef

Full Tank Shot

nicks_pictures_of_fish_010.jpg

Red Aussie Lord

nicks_pictures_of_fish_001.jpg

Aussie Lord

nicks_pictures_of_fish_002.jpg

Yuma

nicks_pictures_of_fish_003.jpg

Tri-Color Ric

nicks_pictures_of_fish_007.jpg

Rics

nicks_pictures_of_fish_008.jpg

Duncan

nicks_pictures_of_fish_009.jpg

Ric

nicks_pictures_of_fish_011.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Nick's Reef
I really like the diversity & aquascaping, but especially the yashas! Great job!

Thanks man! I'm going to hopefully change the aquascape up a bit (again) to open up more room and get rid of some of the corals I don't want anymore.

Archived