Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
I can't remember if I have commented on this tank before but I have seen it many times...It looks awesome and your doing a really good job. The rics are awesome and I want some greenbay packers! (I love the team)

Just wanted to let you know that I like it...

NOR

Thanks, now let me tell you what happened last night to my wrasse: I couldn't sleep and got up and looked at the tank to find my wrasse being devoured by my hermits and cleaner shrimp. He was perfectly fine yesterday and it looked like a fresh kill. I think that they found where he sleeps and took him out. I'm going o test my water later on and we'll she if there were any problems with that.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that. I hope that you inverts didn't take him out. I have some big hermits and a sally lightfoot crab that I have been afraid wil kill my fish.

Nick's Reef
Sorry to hear that. I hope that you inverts didn't take him out. I have some big hermits and a sally lightfoot crab that I have been afraid wil kill my fish.

Yeah it sucks, and I'm shure that it was the cuc. I'm thinking about trading in my clowns for a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish and keeping only three fish.

Nick's Reef
Sorry to hear that. I guees they got hungry.

I guess so, I tested my water and everything was normal no trates, trites, or ammonia.

Hey How long did you guy run your cycle before introducing a clean up crew into your tank... I have already hit a diaton spike at about 14 days and I am about 18 days in and cant stand the brown coloration on my sand. Any help would be great. Thanks

Nick's Reef
Arn't you guys ever in school???

School doesn't start 'til 9:30am!

Hey How long did you guy run your cycle before introducing a clean up crew into your tank... I have already hit a diaton spike at about 14 days and I am about 18 days in and cant stand the brown coloration on my sand. Any help would be great. Thanks

I waited about a week to add my cuc, but that was because I used very high quality rock that never touched air. I'd say as soon as you get the bloom add a few snails. Maybe 3 astreas, 4 nass. and 8 ceriths.

Nick's Reef
Every once in a while! Skipping is to much fun!

You've never skept, except when you lie about being sick! :lol:

Thanks man.... Yeah I went ahead and got a CUC.. plus a couple emerald crab, zebra and scarlets.... worst case out 20 bucks... Cant stand the aspacia... SPELLING.... and Algea growing

Dang! You are in high school right? High school around here starts at 7:15!!!! I'm in college so I go in late and have a ton of time off!!!

lilredneckman
You've never skept, except when you lie about being sick! :lol:

lol i skip the day not classes!! Lots of people skipped 6th today.

Dang! You are in high school right? High school around here starts at 7:15!!!! I'm in college so I go in late and have a ton of time off!!!

Lol im in elementary................... ;)

Nick's Reef

No we're in middle school, we'll be in highscholl next year ad it starts at like 7:30. Lilredneckman's reading class is at elementary level though! :lol:

No we're in middle school, we'll be in highscholl next year ad it starts at like 7:30. Lilredneckman's reading class is at elementary level though! :lol:

Lol!!! Your only in middle school?!?!?!?! I feel so old now.

noobofreefs

My middle school starts at 7...I hate mornings. I'm going into high school next year too. Good to see other kids my age with tanks! I felt lonely for awhile...:)

NOR

lilredneckman

Hey hey hey! Im not that stupid!

My middle school starts at 7...I hate mornings. I'm going into high school next year too. Good to see other kids my age with tanks! I felt lonely for awhile...:)

NOR

Well its glad to see some one else our age! Well now that everyone knows my age i wonder if they will still listen to me........

Nick's Reef

Well i removed the two smaller chunks of the cultured rock as I just couldn't bear to look at them anymore. I also had to break up the new rics. :( But I got the bigger one and also got a small frag of super bright whammin watermelon zoos from my brother. :D Also hopefully this week I will see if I can get the geometric hawk that I want.

Well i removed the two smaller chunks of the cultured rock as I just couldn't bear to look at them anymore. I also had to break up the new rics. :( But I got the bigger one and also got a small frag of super bright whammin watermelon zoos from my brother. :D Also hopefully this week I will see if I can get the geometric hawk that I want.

What cultured rock?

Nick's Reef
What cultured rock?

The piece the green dragon eyes sat on and the piece that was behind the yellow polyps.

Got a tip last week from one of the better reffers in my area runs a great shop... Has 30 plus years of reefing... He said after Diaton Bloom... take a shrimp like a shimp from shrimp coctail. cut it in a could peices and let it rot for 3 days... and watch the amonia ph and rites and rates spike and then if they fall again after a day or two your cycle should be complete and ready for corals and fish... Any one have any thoughts on this little tip to speed up your cycle?

Archived